It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry white man' class offered at KU this fall

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

Depends on what you need said man to do. Lol

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Depends on what you need said man to do. Lol

I had no idea 'Kinky' would be one of the interjections lol

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I go straight for the gutter if I can.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm an angry old white male. And I can tell you the source of my rage in one word:

Arthritis.

And if you say anything to your doctor, she'll assume you're drug-seeking, and tell you that opioids wont work. Well neither do NSAIDs, once you build a up a tolerance to them.

The Arthur itis makes it even harder with to put up with the damn neighbor kids, who wont stay in their own yard! And the damn punks on the corner---that isn't music! Pull your pants up-Jesus! You look like a damn clown! No wonder you can't get laid. At least by a real woman. your little friends probably think you're a real fancy Nancy, in your damn girl jeans! Why don't you do what your parents did, and get a job!?!?!?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

You sir...are angry. I will pm you when class starts. Lol

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm extremely disappointed they've assumed my gender and don't offer a more inclusive program for each classification of gender. Plus what if I'm an angry black man? Where do I turn?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
I'm an angry old white male. And I can tell you the source of my rage in one word:

Arthritis.

And if you say anything to your doctor, she'll assume you're drug-seeking, and tell you that opioids wont work. Well neither do NSAIDs, once you build a up a tolerance to them.

The Arthur itis makes it even harder with to put up with the damn neighbor kids, who wont stay in their own yard! And the damn punks on the corner---that isn't music! Pull your pants up-Jesus! You look like a damn clown! No wonder you can't get laid. At least by a real woman. your little friends probably think you're a real fancy Nancy, in your damn girl jeans! Why don't you do what your parents did, and get a job!?!?!?

Go wheat free, cured me, been off for 7 years now

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster

Arthritis....

Go wheat free, cured me, been off for 7 years now

Already am. Grain is what food eats.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

have you tried any cannabis supplements , CBD and THC

my uncle uses it for his arthritis and his parkinsons!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: LSU2018

You are missing the point, yes there is anger in many segments of society, but why? Isn't anyone interested in the why? This includes angry white males as another part of an angry society, which should be looked at, because we are being told that the anger and violence is escalating here. Sigh.

I don't know. Why do you get angry? Why do I get angry? Why does anyone get angry?

Don't you want to know what makes you mad, and don't you especially love it when someone else tells you what it is that made you mad and why?

I do get angry, but I don't hate then I devise ways to work around it. What is that all about, not giving into hate and violence? Tell me because I don't seem to have the DNA to hate viciously, violently and all that crap.

That's a loaded statement there packed with several assumptions, just like this class.

1. You assume I am an angry white male.

2. You assume that being an angry white male automatically means an expression of hatred.

3. You assume that an expression of hatred for an angry white male will manifest as vicious violence.

4. You assume all of this is genetic which means white males cannot avoid it.

Wow! Absolutely no bias, prejudice or bigotry displayed there at all. I think it says more about you than anyone else.

I can't even say nice try. Anyway, I suppose you missed in which context I am conveying my opinions. As with the beginning of this thread, the context refers to the angry white men that become mass murderers not all angry white men. The assumptions are all yours. Still, tell me what tips some angry white men over the edge? It appears most people on this thread don't have a clue.
edit on 14CDT08America/Chicago00480830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Maybe Angry Nationalist Men is more accurate, and God Help us if they quit being Angry ! Men that Love, Protect and Defend their Land and Families are Hero's !

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if this professor responds to lakenheath24's e-mail, which was very well written.

Aren't we forgetting the incel shooter and what about the Montreal massacre of female engineering students in 1989 and other similar cases. Misplaced hate, entitlement and blaming then violence against innocent people is more accurate.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So I did some reading, following up on "in the light"'s posts. Particularly that more women are joining hate groups, at half the rate of men.

I googled "women who hate" and got a bunch of information about mysogyny.

So I googled women in hate groups.

I found several different articles, focusing on the idea that women have been at the very core of both the historical kKK as well as the current "alt-right" phenomenon. A professor Blee from CA has written 2 books (one from the 1920s, the other current), arguing that women are the glue that holds practically every hate group together---that white women didn't go the the lynchings, nor to rallies nowadays; but they are the organizational power, and hide their gender identities in print and on the web. That actually several groups recruit white women specifically because they are not likely to have police and FBI records. The women do the "behind the scenes" hate-work, from filing lawsuits to stalking, etc.

I wonder if the professor at the root of this thread will address these concepts in hir class...

I for one would welcome the professor looking at this as well because over the decades women had very little power, especially organizational power. So, I am thinking it might have more to do with how in the earlier decades women needed men to survive, so that may have been a driving force, that being, to 'obey' and 'please'.

Nowadays, who knows? Are some women still dependent upon those angry white males and 'obey' and 'try to please'?

Are they groomed at a young age without much life's experience - easily led?

Are they following others' ideologies to feel part of a social group, to be accepted (do women need socialization more so than men?)?

There are too many variables for us non-researchers into these topics to make fully informed conclusions, so, I for one, will remain open-minded.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

In what regard have women had less power? Women have and do...control the purse strings in most households. In addition women have and do...outnumber men in college.

My grandmother ruled the roost as did, and do, all appalachian women.

If by power....you are referring to political power...i would remind you thet women have had the same voting power as men for nearly 100 years. Women are, generally speaking, 50% of the population....including the voting population so unless you are asserting some kind of conspiracy theory....women bave had a century to affect change at a national level.
Anyway...i found it ironic that the professor has been bombarded by hate mail without anyone even seeing the syllubus. I for one cannot wait to read it so i can
. at it. Lol

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

In what regard have women had less power? Women have and do...control the purse strings in most households. In addition women have and do...outnumber men in college.

My grandmother ruled the roost as did, and do, all appalachian women.

If by power....you are referring to political power...i would remind you thet women have had the same voting power as men for nearly 100 years. Women are, generally speaking, 50% of the population....including the voting population so unless you are asserting some kind of conspiracy theory....women bave had a century to affect change at a national level.
Anyway...i found it ironic that the professor has been bombarded by hate mail without anyone even seeing the syllubus. I for one cannot wait to read it so i can
. at it. Lol

Women have affected change at a national level, and it did take a century and still climbing.

The backlash is to be expected - knee jerk - reactionary as usual, did you expect anything else?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Dems abusing Universities for reprogramming white men to hate themselves and their race. Hillbillies from Kentucky aught to be an easy challenge they think.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yet the backlash seems to all be associated with the recent administration. OR, is it since the advent of social media? Either way as an example...the #metoo movement should have started in the 50's, or the 60's. Yet polls today see women as more depressed than ever.

Women were peeved that Hiilary was not elected yet...how few viable female candidates have been put forth...much less backed. Women are worse to other women than anyone else if you ask me.

I realize this is rambling...but perhaps this projection of angry white men is in fact, a diversion so that non angry white men dont have to bother with introspection as to why they have not achieved what the angry white man has.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yet the backlash seems to all be associated with the recent administration. OR, is it since the advent of social media? Either way as an example...the #metoo movement should have started in the 50's, or the 60's. Yet polls today see women as more depressed than ever.

Women were peeved that Hiilary was not elected yet...how few viable female candidates have been put forth...much less backed. Women are worse to other women than anyone else if you ask me.

I realize this is rambling...but perhaps this projection of angry white men is in fact, a diversion so that non angry white men dont have to bother with introspection as to why they have not achieved what the angry white man has.

Rambling? Yes, I would have to agree with that. What? - non angry white men don't have to bother with introspection?
edit on 14CDT11America/Chicago043111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

I am a kentucky hillbilly and most peeps i know down there.....are neither educated....nor angry. Just poor, but thankful for what they have.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Oh where is it that this class is about angry white men and that context refers only to mass murderers? Wouldn't it make more sense to call this a class about mass shooters instead of just general angry white male class?

And if you have to say "what tips *some* angry white men over the edge" then it appears that you don't even think that angry white men refers only to mass shooters but to a much larger class which is far more amorphously defined and thus can include any white men you care to chuck into it for whatever reasons ... say like disagreeing with your political ideology in some way for one.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Oh where is it that this class is about angry white men and that context refers only to mass murderers? Wouldn't it make more sense to call this a class about mass shooters instead of just general angry white male class?

And if you have to say "what tips *some* angry white men over the edge" then it appears that you don't even think that angry white men refers only to mass shooters but to a much larger class which is far more amorphously defined and thus can include any white men you care to chuck into it for whatever reasons ... say like disagreeing with your political ideology in some way for one.

We are discussing several different subjects here on this thread, one of them is speculating what the class is really about, the other is what could be the reasons that push some angry white men over the edge to the point of mass murder or even to a lesser violent extent.

By the way, what is my political ideology?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join