It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry white man' class offered at KU this fall

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here's a link to an article that ran in "Red State" October 8, 2017: The Myth of the White Mass Shooter.

Using statistics originally compiled by USA Today, U of Alabama Criminology professor Alan Lankford calculated that Whites commit 39% of the mass murders; about the same as their share of 37% of murders over all. Whites are about 67% of the population.

The big surprise? The ethnic group most over-represented among mass shooters in the US? Asians. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
Here's a link to an article that ran in "Red State" October 8, 2017: The Myth of the White Mass Shooter.

Using statistics originally compiled by USA Today, U of Alabama Criminology professor Alan Lankford calculated that Whites commit 39% of the mass murders; about the same as their share of 37% of murders over all. Whites are about 67% of the population.

The big surprise? The ethnic group most over-represented among mass shooters in the US? Asians. Go figure.

How come I can easily find statistics to counter your arguments?

www.statista.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I feel like as some people get older they get tired, grumpy and sometimes jaded. we never know what someone else is going through and unfortunately sometimes when you walk around with a frown it can be misconstrued as racism. I go out of my way to try and smile and nod at everyone I see regardless of race/lifestyle/religion/gender and even if they don't not back at least I tried. As I get older I try to avoid the get off my lawn attitude

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I think there are different definitions of mass shooters. Some statistics show any shooting where more than two people were shot at, this would include a lot more gang-related type shootings which would inevitably make minorities higher percentage shooters but if you look at the classic mass shooter definition which in my opinion would be more of the movie theater, church, school, workplace type mass shootings I think you would find white males are the higher percentage of shooters.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I'm more concerned about the voluminous gang murders that take infinitely more lives.

The others are meaningless to address until all gang/criminal violence is stamped out. Again, this takes far more lives.

Of course, none of those even show up on the same chart as distracted driving deaths. Many orders of magnitude more

In short, this is why no one serious is discussing any sort of "gun control"

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You are smarter than any of those educated (brainwashed) in that University. Morals, knowing right from wrong, take responsibility for your actions are nothing taught in these schools.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Graysen

How come I can easily find statistics to counter your arguments?

www.statista.com...

I don't know. (they aren't "my numbers", I just found them with a google search. It looks like the criminologist generated his stats from information he got out of a national newspaper.)

Probably goes to the definition of "mass shooting." The work I linked defined it as "4 or more victims. I couldn't find the definition in the link you cited. It don't think that site explains it's methodology, just gives numbers. Even taking statista's numbers at face value, whites are shown as committing 62% of the mass shootings---less than the white share of the US population.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join