It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry white man' class offered at KU this fall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just thought a few peeps on here might be interested in this course. I wish I could take it because I am white, and I got angry just yesterday over something.....oh yeah...McDonalds "forgot" to put the BBQ sauce in my order. I didn't check it before I drove off.

So anyway, apparently angry, white dudes is an issue. So if anyone is in Kansas, can you take this course and please give me a synopsis so maybe I can calm myself down.

Cheers

www.kwch.com...

ETA,
Here is a brief synopsis of said class. It involves Brits as well. Apparently they too are angry. Nothing on Russians or South Africans yet.

"This course charts the rise of the "angry white male" in America and Britain since the 1950s, exploring the deeper sources of this emotional state while evaluating recent manifestations of male anger," the university says. "Employing interdisciplinary perspectives this course examines how both dominant and subordinate masculinities are represented and experienced in cultures undergoing periods of rapid change connected to modernity as well as to rights-based movements of women, people of color, homosexuals and trans individuals."
edit on 7-4-2019 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And one of the more humorous replies to this was that watch all the angry white men get angry about this..."what a hoot".

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

How do these so called "schools"

Teach racism and still keep their accreditation?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Is it like karate? They teach us techniques to become better? Is there a black-belt grade for an angry white man? Do they go all the way to the 10th Dan? How much do the classes cost?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Dunno. Do they have a class on angry white lesbians? I see lots of those on TV. Like Joey Behar.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I am hoping so. It could be therapy. Someone needs to infiltrate this class. I need some techniques.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Is disagreement with policy, values, or leftest doctrines considered anger?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Nah, we just want help with our anger issues....or more to the point....what others think makes us angry. I wanna know that first.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I never get tired of the idiocy of public schooling. The fact that this is even a class shows how far education has sunk.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why do "They" keep shouting "equality" and at the same time keep categorizing people ? 😎

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Only if one raises their voice 2 decibels above ones normal conversational tone...OR....one turns 2 shades more red than when entering the classroom.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe this will stop the angry white on angry white gun violence problem that plagues the inner cities around the US.

edit on 7-4-2019 by SKEPTEK because: sentencing

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Is disagreement with policy, values, or leftest doctrines considered anger?

You may want to email the Professor with that question, who knows he may reply. Here is the course description.

This course charts the rise of the "angry white male" in America and Britain since the 1950s, exploring the deeper sources of this emotional state while evaluating recent manifestations of male anger. Employing interdisciplinary perspectives this course examines how both dominant and subordinate masculinities are represented and experienced in cultures undergoing periods of rapid change connected to modernity as well as to rights-based movements of women, people of color, homosexuals and trans individuals. (Same as WGSS 365.) Prerequisite: WGSS 101 or WGSS 102, or permission of the instructor. LEC.

link   

originally posted by: abe froman

How do these so called "schools"

Teach racism and still keep their accreditation?

The answer my dear is always the same....$$$$$

Money coming from Commie infiltrators who have taken over the education system and Universities....

It's all by design.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Beach Bum

Nah man, this is an OPPORTUNITY! An op to see why all those white men are angry. I really want to be in that class!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't need an anger management class, it takes a real lot for me to get angry, but if someone does get me to that point, they better watch out. People I know know I am even tempered and mild mannered, but have seen what happens if someone does not listen to reason and keeps after me trying to get me to fight with them. I will walk away or tell people I do not fight, I do not loose my cool very easy. But if I do....the SHTF and there are no rules. I will take down a person in seconds, I grab them by the throat and cut circulation to their brain.

Oops. The Hulk in me is starting to show.

I would never use a gun for anything other than protection though, I used to take my frustration out on a deer, putting a different face on the deer when I shot it. I usually emptied my gun on the deer and felt nice and relaxed for years after shooting one.

edit on 7-4-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL, just like any other movement...the goal is not equality, but to push ones own agenda ahead of the other one.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
From South Africa, at least the generation and community I'm in, it is more a sense of deep sadness, betrayal and especially fear.

Actually I'm too scared to even talk about much politics anymore at the moment.
I'd rather withdraw to a forum where I can be silly and happy.
But that is all due to fear.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Whatever dude....you are really Mr. Furious from Mystery Men aint ya. Go on...apply for this course man!

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Ahh, legit reasons to be angry. Thus why your country is not involved in said discussion. LOL

Although, going down in one of those shark cages is on my bucket list.....unless it makes me angry.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join