It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry white man' class offered at KU this fall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

"this course examines how both dominant and subordinate masculinities are represented and experienced in cultures undergoing periods of rapid change connected to modernity as well as to rights-based movements of women, people of color, homosexuals and trans individuals."

I think the biggest issue is the red flag you're missing in the quote above.

This class wants to focus on the anger of the only person without special privileges. It points blame towards the rapid change of people considered "people of color" meaning anything other than white, then it pushes blame of anger towards women, then gays, then trannies.

So even though the above mentioned are all infighting with each other, the class is aimed at the anger of white males.

This is beyond ignorant and anyone dumb enough to take it deserves the brainwashing they'll get and the letdown they'll face in the future when they come to realize that white people aren't the problem.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Beach Bum

Nah man, this is an OPPORTUNITY! An op to see why all those white men are angry. I really want to be in that class!

I didn't even know we were the angry ones. This is news to me. All the angry white guys I see, who are angry without being provoked, are the white males in groups like antifa or the white liberal males on college campuses.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

As a member of this bastard class.

I've never had to be taught how to be angry or the reason I am.

This is what passes for higher education people.

Let it sink in.

This is how kids remain failures in life with thin skin. Someone should step up and make a mandatory survival class that teaches the wild flowers and berries you can eat if you're ever stranded in the woods or mountains. What herbs you can find to heal cuts. What to do in case of a broken bone. How to perform a tracheotomy. You know, # that helps you live another day, not # that lies about why you're angry. The hell is wrong with education these days. Geez.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: neo96

As a member of this bastard class.

I've never had to be taught how to be angry or the reason I am.

This is what passes for higher education people.

Let it sink in.

How can someone let something sink in that someone knows nothing about?

I wonder ...

Since, in modern times, we are told that we are not to talk about why certain groups are this and that because we do not understand the authentic day to day experiences of those groups, why is it that a class like this can be offered through the women's and gender studies department and taught by someone in that dept. who would presumably by a female prof and not an actual white man is considered legitimate?

Wouldn't it be as inauthentic as only considering the voices of whites on blacks and the black experience is considered to be?

*EDIT*

Ep, nope. This guy is teaching it, but looking at his academic publishing history, his area of real expertise is apparently fat shaming, not study on angry white men.

Damn. If any loser ever fit the build for a class like this, it's that nerd.

"College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Humanities, History"

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

Thats what I am saying. I just eanna see what all the fuss is about. I would even pay to watch a video feed. I can imagine their would be a lot of group hugs, medals given out, and self-congratulatory jazz hand applause.

Jazz hand applause, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Here's a brief look at the class and its makeup.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
CRIPES! I'm talking to myself.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

That was toungue in cheek. I wanna go in a demand why that sob thinks i am freakin angry!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Thats ok....its when you answer yourself back that the problem begins.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Cripes....those are some angry lookin jazz hands.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

"this course examines how both dominant and subordinate masculinities are represented and experienced in cultures undergoing periods of rapid change connected to modernity as well as to rights-based movements of women, people of color, homosexuals and trans individuals."

I think the biggest issue is the red flag you're missing in the quote above.

This class wants to focus on the anger of the only person without special privileges. It points blame towards the rapid change of people considered "people of color" meaning anything other than white, then it pushes blame of anger towards women, then gays, then trannies.

So even though the above mentioned are all infighting with each other, the class is aimed at the anger of white males.

This is beyond ignorant and anyone dumb enough to take it deserves the brainwashing they'll get and the letdown they'll face in the future when they come to realize that white people aren't the problem.

We won't know exactly what this course focuses on unless we take it, otherwise it is pure conjecture, but we do get a clue with this bit of key information: "exploring the deeper sources of this emotional state while evaluating recent manifestations of male anger". Key phrase: deeper sources of this emotional state.

The best fighter is never angry. Lao Tse

This Uni also offers this course:

"American Indian and White Relations to 1865". But we already know what happened in that case, now don't we.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are... loving people want you to see how powerful You are.” ― Chief Red Eagle

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is an attempt to teach the students to view a segment of the population as less than human, to contextualize anything the white male does as a product of his anger at not winning.

It's that scene from planet of the apes (the original, with Charleton Heston as the, um, angry white male), where the ape-scientists have been gathered to explain why this one human has the power of speech, when every ape knows that humans are not intelligent enough to use language.

I'll go ahead and type it.

This civilization is falling over and drowning in a puddle of it's own schist. The ones who kept the whole thing running were the risk takers, the low-status males. In every primate troop, its the peripheral males who take the risks, who explore the unknown and perpetrate the violence against the other neighboring competitor-troops. In a working society, those peripheral males are rewarded for their risks. In ours, the elites have decided they no longer need the workers. Like in France in 1789.

Our snivelization no longer thinks it needs peripheral males to take the risks and fight the wars.

Almost half the spree-shooters are minority---they just classify them as white once they commit murder. Seriously. The FBI counts males of Mexican ancestry as white if they are charged, and "non-white hispanic" if they are victims. This way the counts are controlled to match demographics. For the same reason, some crimes are not counted as "hate crimes" because they would screw up the demographic template that it is white men committing the hate.

the prime example is the shooter in the gay night-club in Florida. He is classified as "white" so his evil could be classified as a "hate crime." Even though he spouted off about islam in his final rant. The FBI maintains that since he was born in the US, he was "white" and the fact that he was seethed in conservative islamo-fascism is not relevant. So he is a statistic on the "right-wing domestic terrorist" scale...

So, how can you change your race to white? Go on a shooting spree, and be given "honorary white" status.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
This is an attempt to teach the students to view a segment of the population as less than human, to contextualize anything the white male does as a product of his anger at not winning.

It's that scene from planet of the apes (the original, with Charleton Heston as the, um, angry white male), where the ape-scientists have been gathered to explain why this one human has the power of speech, when every ape knows that humans are not intelligent enough to use language.

I'll go ahead and type it.

This civilization is falling over and drowning in a puddle of it's own schist. The ones who kept the whole thing running were the risk takers, the low-status males. In every primate troop, its the peripheral males who take the risks, who explore the unknown and perpetrate the violence against the other neighboring competitor-troops. In a working society, those peripheral males are rewarded for their risks. In ours, the elites have decided they no longer need the workers. Like in France in 1789.

Our snivelization no longer thinks it needs peripheral males to take the risks and fight the wars.

Almost half the spree-shooters are minority---they just classify them as white once they commit murder. Seriously. The FBI counts males of Mexican ancestry as white if they are charged, and "non-white hispanic" if they are victims. This way the counts are controlled to match demographics. For the same reason, some crimes are not counted as "hate crimes" because they would screw up the demographic template that it is white men committing the hate.

the prime example is the shooter in the gay night-club in Florida. He is classified as "white" so his evil could be classified as a "hate crime." Even though he spouted off about islam in his final rant. The FBI maintains that since he was born in the US, he was "white" and the fact that he was seethed in conservative islamo-fascism is not relevant. So he is a statistic on the "right-wing domestic terrorist" scale...

So, how can you change your race to white? Go on a shooting spree, and be given "honorary white" status.

The shooting sprees seem to be the end of the radicalization process to achieve their ill-perceived 'hero' status (ego) and it can be rooted in hate or politics.

Even so, the mechanism for this kind of radicalization is uniform: Disaffected young men are recruited by overt appeals to their egos and desire to appear heroic. The appeals often employ transgressive rhetoric, with everything from racist humor to threats of violence, making participants feel that they’re being edgy and dark. The main fodder for their evolving worldview, however, is conspiracy theories.

These theories all tell the same larger narrative: That the world is secretly run by a nefarious cabal of globalists (who just happen to be Jewish), and that they employ an endless catalog of dirty tricks and "false flags" to ensure the world doesn’t know about their manipulations, the whole point of which ultimately is the enslavement of mankind. Each day’s news events can thus be interpreted through the up-is-down prism this worldview imposes, ensuring that every national tragedy or mass shooting is soon enmeshed in a web of theories about its real purpose.

Some interesting reading about the gorilla in the room:

www.vice.com...

"On Twitter, ISIS’s preferred social platform, American white nationalist movements have seen their followers grow by more than 600 percent since 2012. Today, they outperform ISIS in nearly every social metric, from follower counts to tweets per day."

edit on 14CDT10America/Chicago039101030 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This whole thing is Effed up. It's why I spend more and more time alone in the woods.

This is the final decades of the current world. Spengler wrote "Decline of the West" a hundred years ago, and we are right on his timetable.

More and more males are choosing gay, so that they don't have to compete in the loser's game of trying to win a female in this impossible culture of death that the elites have created. Gayness is purely a function of population pressure. It was in Ancient Greece, and it is here today.

It is a universal human trait to make a virtue of our vices (homosexuality, hyper sexuality).

We also make a vice of all our virtues.

"Virtue" itself is merely the latin, "Virtus", from Virile---manly.

The virtues were originally a guideline for how to be manly: Temperance, Prudence, Courage, and Justice.

In place of temperance, we legalize drugs
In place of prudence, we have continuously compounding interest based loans and fiat currency
In place of courage, we have psychological counseling for the ways we were raised
in place of justice, we have social justice.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

That was toungue in cheek. I wanna go in a demand why that sob thinks i am freakin angry!!!!!!

Oh I know it was. I was speaking in general, it just happened to be in response to your post lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Oh I know it was. I was speaking in general, it just happened to be in response to your post lol.

This whole thread is swimming in generalizations.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

could you be more specific? Or are you just... generalizing?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I don't think you need to take it to see what's in it. People of all races and sexes have been angry in one way or another since the dawn of man. Who is this guy to tell me, as a white male, what makes me angry and why? I'll tell you what makes me angry, privileged white men telling other white men why they're angry. It most definitely isn't about other people who are different, moving forward. That's some of the dumbest crap I've seen.

Maybe he should have a class on why HE'S angry instead of projecting it on everyone else. Wouldn't that make more sense?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The entire article failed to even try and find a root cause beyond one sentence that mentioned under-employment. It also compares white nationalists to ISIS, but those same nationalists did not start a caliphate.

It could be fear of losing ones identity? But when one demonizes all white men, what do you expect? Even now, young boys are being emasculated in schools...being shamed for being boys.

Then we have all these women complaining about what happened to all the good men?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And it's based on one "professor's" psychological projections.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

And it's based on one "professor's" psychological projections.

The professor is not the one claiming that all white men are angry white men.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join