It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May Suffers Second Brexit Defeat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther
Remainers can laugh all they like in the knowledge that the government will blatantly rule out no deal but let me tell you... There will be anarchy in the streets like you have never seen if we extend it and/or ignore the referendum.

I will be locking myself safely indoors when the country starts to burn

That's another reason for me to love living in Scotland, we won't see the same level of civil disorder in the scenario you painted, it will be a relief to the majority here, compared to se of the areas where the Leave/Remain split was more divisive (I'm not saying it's not divisive in Scotland, just less so, given how, as usual, we voted differently from the rUK...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

The narrative of late has all been about negative politics and the potential for Brexit harm.

It seems the longer this goes on the more the facts and figures point to this being a very bad idea. You call it Project Fear (a continuation of what the No Campaign succesfully propegated throughout the Scottish Referendum but you were OK with it then because it suited your interests) I call it reality setting in...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Both 'sides' play the project fear game and I am pretty sure, few people are buying into it.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Yeah that's true.

However, there has been very little in the way of good/hopeful news about what brexit will bring, surely we should all know the pros and cons of Brexit just now instead of it just being the cons that are known...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
As many people on here know I'm a passionate Brexit supporter.
Tonight was the final straw.
Whether you are pro-EU or anti-EU we must all agree that this shower of #e who allege to represent us and look after our interests are not to be trusted with the welfare of this country.
I am literally at a loss to express my extent of my contempt for our MP's and the process they allege to represent.

As MPs have voted to rule out a no-deal Brexit in all circumstances.

To day Theresa May is having a third meaningful vote What in hell

is that about!! aren't ALL votes meaning full?

Now the only two options remaining are no brexit or her *same deal vote*

polished up which keeps us tied to the EU and has already been rejected by a

record number of votes TWICE already.

Seemingly that is the only deal left /smh. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!

Those in Parliament are *supposed* to be educated......hard to believe.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

amazin eh!

I'm surprised the conservative party are still in power how many defeats can they legally allow before the rest of parliament can claim a vote of no confidence in the governing party?

if anything this debacle is just going to make it easier for Scotland to become independent

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

According to a poll I saw the other day despite being so monumentally useless the Tories are still ten points ahead of Labour.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You have to wonder who the hell comes up with these polls?

Any faith in U.K politics has gone the way of the dinosaur down to this Brexit debacle.

People are afraid now because when the politicians don't have a clue how to govern what the hell are we supposed to do?

These halfwit self-serving bastard scum are supposed to represent us and the fact of the matter is that they are to busy with lining there own pockets and securing there own futures to give a crap about anything other than themselves and there own ilk.

It's not Europe the UK needs to get away from its Westminster rule in general.

edit on 14-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

The Euro was the worst thing to happen to Europe.

I'll see your euro and raise you 2 world wars.

Since joining Europe things have been quite stable between us. Let's hope that continues. If it all goes to # those who voted for Brexit should be first over the top. No doubt they will just sit in their Anderson shelters, tin hats on, singing knees ap mathah braaaahn, hoping that blast they just heard was the foreigners next doors house that got it.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Anyone would think that you may be getting a bit disillusioned with politics.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Congratulations. You get the prize for the most ridiculous Brexit fear mongering to date. Quite an achievement, given the competition you faced.

edit on 14-3-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It appears to me that the British government is doing everything it can to delay or negate leaving the EU but what do I know.......

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well, when the politicians canny tell the difference between illusion and fantasy what chance do the rest of us have?

Not much really.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No! Really? Never thought of that.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Doomed, I tell you.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If JC4PM had a policy of any credibility and an outlook that didn't

change with the wind ...... he would be higher in the polls.

Especially at this time when the present government is such a mess!

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It's two points ahead actually.

There were two polls in the Sunday papers. ComRes had a poll conducted for BrexitExpress (a pro-Brexit pressure group) prominently but poorly reported in the Sunday Telegraph. The voting intention question included The Independent Group as an option, producing topline figures of CON 36%(-2), LAB 34%(-3), LDEM 8%(-2), TIG 8%(+8), UKIP 6%(nc). Most polling companies are not, at present, including the Independent Group in polls – something that will presumably change as they take steps towards actually forming a party and clarifying their future intentions

Or maybe 4 points. Certainly not 10.

As well as the ComRes poll there was a BMG poll hidden away in the Independent. The figures were unusually reported without excluding don’t knows or won’t votes, with the Conservatives on 31%, Labour on 27% and 8% for the Liberal Democrats.

ukpollingreport.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It appears to me that the British government is doing everything it can to delay or negate leaving the EU but what do I know.......

Have you just noticed that?

Methinks they are on the EU payroll.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Kantar/TNS Poll

10 points in this poll.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Farage certainly is...

new topics