It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May Suffers Second Brexit Defeat

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I #ing hate Politicians.
They're taught how to avoid questions and generally lie there arse off.
None of them are qualified in any of the jobs they do so they waste #loads of money on quango's and consultation firms (usually owned by their pals).

Health Minister Only ever been in an Hospital to watch his missus pop one out.
Foreign Minister Can't even speak English never mind another language.
Chancellor Of Exchequer Not even got a degree in Maths.

Tossers the lot of 'em

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

Remainers can laugh all they like in the knowledge that the government will blatantly rule out no deal but let me tell you... There will be anarchy in the streets like you have never seen if we extend it and/or ignore the referendum.

Evidently this is a more complex issue than first envisaged. We need a second vote with a better turn over. Thats democracy working and then no one can complain

But they will

LOl

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Aye.

Like a hole in the head.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
I #ing hate Politicians.
They're taught how to avoid questions and generally lie there arse off.
None of them are qualified in any of the jobs they do so they waste #loads of money on quango's and consultation firms (usually owned by their pals).

Health Minister Only ever been in an Hospital to watch his missus pop one out.
Foreign Minister Can't even speak English never mind another language.
Chancellor Of Exchequer Not even got a degree in Maths.

Tossers the lot of 'em

Not really one to defends Torys but the current Foreign Secretary speaks several languages and the Chancellor has a 1st class PPE with the E being Economics.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

amazin eh!

I'm surprised the conservative party are still in power how many defeats can they legally allow before the rest of parliament can claim a vote of no confidence in the governing party?

if anything this debacle is just going to make it easier for Scotland to become independent

I think the fact the Tory Party are still in power speaks volumes about the sate of the Labour Party.

I can't see why Scotland wouldn't leave. If we seek to join the EU, I hope we get a referendum on it and the options are Go it alone or Rejoin the EU but the pros and cons of each are laid out clear as day from Day 1

(post by UKWO1Phot removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This just came up in the Q thread.
German designed Brexit plan.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Evidently this is a more complex issue than first envisaged.

Not really; the British people were asked if they wanted to stay in the EU or leave it.
They voted to come out.

It was then reasonable to expect our elected representatives to ensure that happened.

But they didn't.

It's not hard; we voted to come out, so we come out.....so simple.

We need a second vote with a better turn over.

We don't need a second referendum on the same subject when the first one hasn't been enacted?
If the first referendum is deemd invalid because some people don't like it why would a second one have any more validity?

Thats democracy working

Democracy would be implementing the result of the referendum.

......and then no one can complain

Wow....do you honestly believe that?

If a second referendum was held and the vote was to Remain why shouldn't Brexit supporters call that result invalid the same as remainers are now?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Thank you. I was just getting over the thought of Abbott and Corbyn at it like knives and now you give me this mental image:

I can almost visualise the oily orgasm Juncker is having at the moment.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Evidently this is a more complex issue than first envisaged.

Not really; the British people were asked if they wanted to stay in the EU or leave it.
They voted to come out.

It was then reasonable to expect our elected representatives to ensure that happened.

But they didn't.

It's not hard; we voted to come out, so we come out.....so simple.

We need a second vote with a better turn over.

We don't need a second referendum on the same subject when the first one hasn't been enacted?
If the first referendum is deemd invalid because some people don't like it why would a second one have any more validity?

Thats democracy working

Democracy would be implementing the result of the referendum.

......and then no one can complain

Wow....do you honestly believe that?

If a second referendum was held and the vote was to Remain why shouldn't Brexit supporters call that result invalid the same as remainers are now?

Actaully we do need a proper referendum. The first was done without thought. Entire nations within the UK have voted to stay in Europe. Lets have a proper vote with a real turn out. Only someone who was scared of the outcome would say no.

The funny thing is peeps dont understand whats going on here. This is about the tax havens of the UK gettting audited and taxed. Thats why the rich boys want out. The corporation of London would for the first time in history be under scrutiny.

Thats not how the game work

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That is actually an improvement

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Not be much eating form the likes of Mrs May all the same.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

We should ignore referendums until you get the result you want because people don't understand what's going on as much as you? I call bull# on that one, that is a very arrogant view and arrogant people are usually full of crap.

If you want to go around ignoring referendums in a democratic country, then it is you who doesn't understand what is going on here, you should stay out of politics, you are dangerous.
edit on 16-3-2019 by Xabi87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xabi87
We should ignore referendums until you get the result you want because people don't understand what's going on as much as you? I call bull# on that one, that is a very arrogant view and arrogant people are usually full of crap.

If you want to go around ignoring referendums in a democratic country, then it is you who doesn't understand what is going on here, you should stay out of politics, you are dangerous.

lol! why have a referendum at all? cut straight to the chase and get

the result you want forget the democracy of voting.

And what's all this *a meaning full vote* about? I thought ALL voting was

meant to mean something?

Ahhh I get it......keep having a referendums till you get the result wanted

and then that is the *meaning full*

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Actaully we do need a proper referendum.

Please explain to me exactly what you mean 'a proper referendum' and exactly why you feel the last referendum wasn't a 'proper referendum'.

The first was done without thought.

Without thought?
Please explain.
By whom and how?

I assure you, I gave it an immense amount of thought.

Lets have a proper vote with a real turn out.

What exactly is a 'proper vote'?
Why wasn't the last one a 'proper vote'?
Please give details.

And what on earth is a 'real turn out'?

72.2% isn't a 'real turn out'?

Only someone who was scared of the outcome would say no.

Only someone who can't accept the will of the people and has no belief in democracy and The Right To self-Determination would advocate ignoring the result of a freely held democratic ballot.

The funny thing is peeps dont understand whats going on here.

I'm getting pretty sick of people telling me that I don't understand or that I didn't think things through or that I'm a racist and xenophobe etc.
I knew exactly what I voted for and why I voted that way....the arrogance of other people trying to imply otherwise is beginning to seriously piss a lot of people off.

This is about the tax havens of the UK gettting audited and taxed. Thats why the rich boys want out.

The vast majority of the political elites, establishment and financial bodies all want to Remain in the EU.
They don't want anyone or anything to threaten the status quo and their control over things.

Could you please give us some examples of these 'rich boys' who 'want out'?

The corporation of London would for the first time in history be under scrutiny.

It'll be under a damn sight more scrutiny if we leave the EU, Remaining simply equates to more of the same.....surely that's a given?

Thats not how the game work

What game?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

I dint vote on the issue. But I will say this. Its evidently a very difficult thing to do and think this in itself has altered peoples opinions. There should be a retrial with fair consideration taken to want of the different nations in the united kingdom. Two nations voted to stay in the EU. It is not correct that there views are ignored. If people want democracy lets have some.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Population of Scotland: 5.4 million
Population of Wales: 3.1 million
Population of N. Ireland: 1.8 million
Population of England: 55.62 million

If we listen to those two nations we would be supporting the minority, that's not how democracy works.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join