It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School boy forfeits wrestling match because of his Christian beliefs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Catty.

a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Catty.

Doggy

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hamstery...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What a dumb, bigoted kid. The girl earned her shot to face him, choosing not to wrestle her only de-legitimizes her accomplishments. He was scared he would lose and never be able to recover from it. That is the real reason. He is against gender equality. I have 2 female cousins that both joined the high school wrestling team and they kicked a lot of boys' asses.

Refusing to wrestle her is beyond pathetic and I don't see how Christianity has anything to do with his decision. What is he scared that he might accidentally touch her butt??? Yet has no problems doing that with guys??? What a joke.

edit on 3 13 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A real man doesn't put a beat down on a women. No matter how much it is sanctioned, organized, or condone. He stuck to his core beliefs. Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: moyeti

A real man doesn't put a beat down on a women. No matter how much it is sanctioned, organized, or condone. He stuck to his core beliefs. Deal with it.

Also your 'real man' apparently is too scared to get a beat down from a woman........

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Whatever you need to tell yourself. If you lay are aggressive against a women you are not a man.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Whatever you need to tell yourself. If you lay are aggressive against a women you are not a man.

Actually I was telling you.

Also, you aren't the arbiter of what does or does not make a man.
edit on 11pm19fpmWed, 13 Mar 2019 13:09:47 -0500America/ChicagoWed, 13 Mar 2019 13:09:47 -0500 by Wayfarer because: shortening

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

What is he scared that he might accidentally touch her butt??? Yet has no problems doing that with guys??? What a joke

EXACTLY!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Cop out

Let me translate

Real man worried about getting beat by a woman.

Hahaha

He could have given her the respect she earned and given her good match

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There is a difference between a competition and a beat down. Surely you understand that, right?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek All you snowflakes out there need to stop feeling sorry for him.

Weak sauce. I was raised to never hurt a female, and you would never call me a snowflake to my face. Some people have values you obviously don't understand.

I boxed GG all through HS and would have never boxed a girl if it came up.

You probably couldn't make it to the next level because you lack that killer instinct. All great fighters have an animalistic killer instinct that kicks in. When I saw an opponent in front of me, I didn't see man or woman or anything else. All I saw was prey to be dominated, victimized, conquered, so that, in the end, I could hold my arms up in the air and prove to all that witnessed that I was the best. If you have anything else in your mind such as being too rough or too bullying, or concern that your opponent is not good enough, strong enough, or tough enough to handle you, or other moral lessons like that that this bleeding heart world had instilled into you, then you have handicapped yourself. But I suppose you're just content with your GG and moved on with your life. Not me. I have more respect for the girls that want to challenge themselves beyond their limits than for people like you or this frightened boy who hold yourselves back based on what other people think of you.

Yea, I am weak for not wanting to dominate a weaker human...

Pyschopath

It's called honor. What our society is lacking, and probably a large portion of the problem with this world.

Honestly, that is a pretty weak and sexist excuse. That is like forfeiting a chess match because you are facing an African American opponent, pretending that you are superior to them intellectually and don't want to dishonor them. They do it to avoid looking bad, and nothing more. It's an ego thing.

A woman can beat a man in wrestling. It's a sport that is all about leverage, not just brute strength. As I said above I have 2 cousins that were female wrestlers and beat a lot of boys. It's this fake perceived notion that men are always superior to women in strength that brings this ugly attitude that the woman wouldn't stand a chance so you are doing her a favor by forfeiting. That's not honor. It's complete sexist BS.

edit on 3 13 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Apparently I am now. You don't know the simple truth that men should not hurt women.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Right and in wrestling what you have is a somewhat controlled beat down. Have you ever even wrestled?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It isn't sexist not to beat on a women.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

So hold back. That isn't what she deserves. Needs to compete in a league where she can get a competitive match. Not a beat down by a man. As men it is our solemn responsibility to protect women. No less beat on the.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sexist bigot mysogiist progressive tripe designed to split our society apart at its seams.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek All you snowflakes out there need to stop feeling sorry for him.

Weak sauce. I was raised to never hurt a female, and you would never call me a snowflake to my face. Some people have values you obviously don't understand.

I boxed GG all through HS and would have never boxed a girl if it came up.

You probably couldn't make it to the next level because you lack that killer instinct. All great fighters have an animalistic killer instinct that kicks in. When I saw an opponent in front of me, I didn't see man or woman or anything else. All I saw was prey to be dominated, victimized, conquered, so that, in the end, I could hold my arms up in the air and prove to all that witnessed that I was the best. If you have anything else in your mind such as being too rough or too bullying, or concern that your opponent is not good enough, strong enough, or tough enough to handle you, or other moral lessons like that that this bleeding heart world had instilled into you, then you have handicapped yourself. But I suppose you're just content with your GG and moved on with your life. Not me. I have more respect for the girls that want to challenge themselves beyond their limits than for people like you or this frightened boy who hold yourselves back based on what other people think of you.

Yea, I am weak for not wanting to dominate a weaker human...

Pyschopath

It's called honor. What our society is lacking, and probably a large portion of the problem with this world.

Honestly, that is a pretty weak and sexist excuse. That is like forfeiting a chess match because you are facing an African American opponent, pretending that you are superior to them intellectually and don't want to dishonor them. They do it to avoid looking bad, and nothing more. It's an ego thing.

A woman can beat a man in wrestling. It's a sport that is all about leverage, not just brute strength. As I said above I have 2 cousins that were female wrestlers and beat a lot of boys. It's this fake perceived notion that men are always superior to women in strength that brings this ugly attitude that the woman wouldn't stand a chance so you are doing her a favor by forfeiting. That's not honor. It's complete sexist BS.

Apples to oranges, unless you are insinuating AA only have 66% brain capacity compared to other races. A man for the same weight as a woman is 33% stronger on average. So you are telling me that facing another human in combat, that based on statistics and science, is most likely only 66% of my strength, is an even playing field? Its not a notion if it backed in science and statistical data.
edit on 13-3-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This may come as a shocking and overwhelming surprise to you, but he may have just been being honest. As an Christian, perhaps he didn't feel comfortable physically wrestling around with a young woman roughly the same age as him that he's not married to in a familiar way that would not be unlike sexual contact. I know this is crazy, but Christians do view premarital sex as not great. It leads to diseases and unwanted pregnancies and they don't really consider abortion to be a very holy method of post-coatial birth control. I know.. I know... the sh*t is screwed up! Your body, your murder, right?!!

But that's not why you called. Wrestling is obviously not the same as sexual contact, but the genitals are all still pretty much aligned and up against each other and maybe he just didn't think it was appropriate. Not everyone has some nefarious reason behind their motives. Get off your high horse. If he wanted to wrestle her and went all Andy Kaufman about it, you'd all be screaming about #MeToo. Pick a lane.
edit on 3/13/19 by JusticeIsComing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: moyeti

Where ever in the world did you come up with that idea?

Women are "equal" now; fair game for anyone to beat the crap out of!

They're now going to put women on the front lines in the Military so that foriegn males can kill them. If the foreigners can beat up on US women, why shouldn't US males have the same right?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join