It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School boy forfeits wrestling match because of his Christian beliefs

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

edit on 17-3-2019 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Yeah christian beliefs sure right.

I think what he meant in regards to his beliefs is that in a "western world" which is mostly founded and grounded in Christianity and in that society it's frowned upon for a guy to hit or fight a female.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
If you have wrestled you know what I am talking about. When you are taking someone down, you put your weight into it. When securing a headlock you squeeze, and immobilize their head.These are not things I would want to do to a girl, and regularly happen in HS wrestling.

Again, headlocks are not legal. You have to have an arm in the hold or you will get disqualified / penalized. When you put somebody in a headlock, you aren't just squeezing the life out of them, you are trying to gain leverage in order to pin the opponent by getting both shoulders to touch the mat at the same time. I wouldn't want to do these things to a guy or girl, but the female wanted to do it and put herself in that position. If she loses the match, it is on her.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
the fact that the cultural values of the people that attend and run public schools are anti-Christian, which is why Christians shouldnt be attending public schools.

Kinda simple really. Christians should go Christian schools just as Muslims go to Muslim schools and Jews attend Jewish schools and Atheists attend Public schools.

WHAT? Public schools are not anti-Christian. They are secular, meaning they can't favor any religion over any other. Way to play the victim! Just because a school doesn't pander to Christians and show them favoritism, doesn't make them anti Christian. Christians keep trying to force their personal beliefs into the school system, and they have no right to do that in the first place.

edit on 3 18 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Not glass, but a less dense skeletal structure, and less powerful muscles, as proven by science.

Proven by science? Um, sorry but that does not apply to ALL women universally. Tons of women out there can whoop almost any man's ass. Women can be competitive in the sport, that's the bottom line. You can't just take averages because the average women does not choose to wrestle or even play sports for that matter.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze
You lying sack, you never participated in a MMA bout, sanctioned or not, or else you would know MMA is probably about 85% to 90% wrestling couple that with throwing fists it's in essence real life pro wrestling.

What a complete and utter load of crap. In MMA you win by beating your opponent to the point they can't recover or getting them to submit out of pain, you can't get pinned. Many holds used in MMA are illegal in amateur wrestling. You don't seem to know anything about wrestling at all. There is no submission or beating people senseless in high school wrestling.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze

originally posted by: wantsome
Yeah christian beliefs sure right.

I think what he meant in regards to his beliefs is that in a "western world" which is mostly founded and grounded in Christianity and in that society it's frowned upon for a guy to hit or fight a female.

What religion doesn’t use dogma to prevent women from participating in sports, or limit their involvement in sports. It’s just not a western thing?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

If you have wrestled you know what I am talking about. When you are taking someone down, you put your weight into it. When securing a headlock you squeeze, and immobilize their head.These are not things I would want to do to a girl, and regularly happen in HS wrestling.

Again, headlocks are not legal. You have to have an arm in the hold or you will get disqualified / penalized. When you put somebody in a headlock, you aren't just squeezing the life out of them, you are trying to gain leverage in order to pin the opponent by getting both shoulders to touch the mat at the same time. I wouldn't want to do these things to a guy or girl, but the female wanted to do it and put herself in that position. If she loses the match, it is on her.

Again, spend some time wrestling, and you know what I am talking about. These are "grey" area moves, and happen all the time. In fact our coach encouraged us to "work within the rules", which basically meant cheat, but dont get caught. An oil check is a good way to have someone lose their grip. Another move I dont want to try on a girl. If you people really think wrestling is as clean as the rules imply, you've never wrestled.

Pointing out rules to me mean nothing. Go watch a few matches, or practices and get back to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Again, spend some time wrestling, and you know what I am talking about. These are "grey" area moves, and happen all the time. In fact our coach encouraged us to "work within the rules", which basically meant cheat, but dont get caught. An oil check is a good way to have someone lose their grip. Another move I dont want to try on a girl. If you people really think wrestling is as clean as the rules imply, you've never wrestled.

Pointing out rules to me mean nothing. Go watch a few matches, or practices and get back to me.

Cheating is cheating. Sorry but claiming that somebody might cheat is a terrible argument here. Cheating is wrong no matter which sex you are against. By that logic nobody should ever play any sports because somebody might cheat and get you injured. It has nothing to do with male vs female wrestling.

I know what wrestling is, I was on my high school wrestling team and did a little bit in college as well. "Oil check" is not legal in high school wrestling, you shouldn't do it to anybody, guy or girl. I've seen people get DQed for that.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join