It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School boy forfeits wrestling match because of his Christian beliefs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JusticeIsComing
a reply to: JAGStorm

This may come as a shocking and overwhelming surprise to you, but he may have just been being honest. As an Christian, perhaps he didn't feel comfortable physically wrestling around with a young woman roughly the same age as him that he's not married to in a familiar way that would not be unlike sexual contact. I know this is crazy, but Christians do view premarital sex as not great. It leads to diseases and unwanted pregnancies and they don't really consider abortion to be a very holy method of post-coatial birth control. I know.. I know... the sh*t is screwed up! Your body, your murder, right?!!

But that's not why you called. Wrestling is obviously not the same as sexual contact, but the genitals are all still pretty much aligned and up against each other and maybe he just didn't think it was appropriate. Not everyone has some nefarious reason behind their motives. Get off your high horse. If he wanted to wrestle her and went all Andy Kaufman about it, you'd all be screaming about #MeToo. Pick a lane.

Your response perfectly demonstrates the root of this problem! If, as a Christian, this kid wanted to compete in wrestling, he had no business doing so in the government run public schools systems. Having chosen to do so and then refusing to wrestle the girls tells me he should be immediately expelled from the public high school. As a Christian he has no business being there in the first place.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It is a sad situation. While it is mostly likely a cop out because of social backlash he may receive from his peers at school, he is also a kid and we cant expect him to be mature enough to see the situation in a different light and treat her as any other challenger.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: moyeti
a reply to: Wayfarer

Apparently I am now. You don't know the simple truth that men should not hurt women.

Who said anything about hurting women? Its a competition, not a street fight. Furthermore, PEOPLE shouldn't hurt one another. The delineation you are making is not only sexist but woefully misguided. As other posters have already eloquently said, hiding behind 'honor' or some kind of male machismo/bravado really only highlights not only this boys ingrained (and I say that because he likely had authority figures in his life like you misleading him) prejudices, but also yours as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: M5xaz

You need to wipe the foam from your screen too! So eager to get your two cents in there, you never bothered to think about what I said.

Where did i say woman where physically the same? Oh, that's right I didn't. I dunno, if i gotta explain why men and women produce testosterone and estrogen, you got bigger issues.

And yes, female muscle fatigues less and is faster based on the science, that's what we know so far.

Sorry, "Because penis" ain't a reason and the kid using his religion as a cop-out still makes him a chump.

Edit: There has been some interesting results in combat sports. I'm waiting for football to go coed.

That "foam" is yours buddy.

You have weak, unsupportable arguments, you contradict yourself and are NON FACTUAL.

You did not state that men and women are the same, you made the FALSE claim that "women tire less and are faster" to which I factually responded that "As to your second argument about females being faster and tire less, in every single sports record in any domain since record keeping began, male speed records are always better than female. "

There is ZERO science that supports your argument. ZERO.
Out and out lying like AOC or Hillary does not make you look any better

Poor debater
False statements
Low iQ
The trifecta

Good luck in life, Chump, you will need it...
edit on 13-3-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Talk about misguided. Talk about sexist. Have you seen the results of men wrestling with women in the news? Who cares what others think if it is wrong. Men should not beat on women. Perhaps if you had a proper upbringing you'd wouldn't want to see men beat on women too. Projection and transference must be your thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Your response perfectly demonstrates the root of this problem! If, as a Christian, this kid wanted to compete in wrestling, he had no business doing so in the government run public schools systems. Having chosen to do so and then refusing to wrestle the girls tells me he should be immediately expelled from the public high school. As a Christian he has no business being there in the first place.

Wait--we get told every day that there's no bigotry against Christians here in the U.S., that people who think there is are just plain loony. That comment was totally not bigoted and anti-Christian at all, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Talk about misguided. Talk about sexist. Have you seen the results of men wrestling with women in the news? Who cares what others think if it is wrong. Men should not beat on women. Perhaps if you had a proper upbringing you'd wouldn't want to see men beat on women too. Projection and transference must be your thing.

Its your position that I'm calling misguided/sexist. I don't think that's a direct reflection of your character per-se since I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that your hearts in the right place and your position is ultimatley taken from a place of caring. Again, we're not talking about men beating on women, we're talking about men and women competing in a sport together.

For educational purposes, I'll explain: In collegiate wrestling, despite what you may think, the point isn't to 'beat on/injure/maim or otherwise physically harm your opponent', but rather to either win a match by points or pin your opponents back to the mat. Flagrant violence is in fact penalized and repeat offenses are usually grounds for forfeiture of the match.

As others have already said, in many cases women can handily compete with their male peers (especially in lower levels like high-school competition) in wrestling primarily because competition is striated into weight classes and the most efficacious abilities in the sport are not raw physical strength but intelligence, speed, and advantageous leverage.

In this case, if the boy held moral objections to competing with a girl, he should refrain from the sport entirely (though I also think that's equally reprehensible at least it doesn't call into stark relief the other aspects we've been discussing quite as plainly). The girl had no objections to 'getting man-handled or roughed up' as is part-and-parcel with the sport, so for the boy to remove her own agency of choice by not competing with her is a flagrant disregard for her wishes. Its the same thing as asking if the girl wants to compete and then after she says yes denying her the opportunity anyways on some trumped up and ridiculous explanation (almost assuredly driven by misguided sexism).

If you had a daughter and she desperately wanted to wrestle on the high-school wrestling team, would you quash her dreams?

edit on 11am19famThu, 14 Mar 2019 09:07:08 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 14 Mar 2019 09:07:08 -0500 by Wayfarer because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
The girl had no objections to 'getting man-handled or roughed up' as is part-and-parcel with the sport...

She's just a stoopid girl and should have been doing Home-Ec or something.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Barcs

Right and in wrestling what you have is a somewhat controlled beat down. Have you ever even wrestled?

YES! I was a wrestler for many years. LOL @ calling it a controlled beat down. You obviously have never wrestled or even have a clue. It's all about leverage, I already explained it. And yes, I've wrestled women before.

It isn't sexist not to beat on a women.

Wrestling isn't beating on somebody. It's not boxing or MMA. What do you think wrestling is WWE????

Needs to compete in a league where she can get a competitive match. Not a beat down by a man.

Yeah, this is sexist. You are assuming the woman would lose just because she's a woman!! How do you not see this??? The lady CHOSE to compete in this league. Women wrestlers can and DO beat guys.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Apples to oranges, unless you are insinuating AA only have 66% brain capacity compared to other races. A man for the same weight as a woman is 33% stronger on average. So you are telling me that facing another human in combat, that based on statistics and science, is most likely only 66% of my strength, is an even playing field? Its not a notion if it backed in science and statistical data.

It's not apples to oranges and no, I'm not saying AA are less intelligent. I'm talking about STEREOTYPES. IE a woman can't beat a man in wrestling because she is not strong enough or a black dude can't beat a white dude in chess because he's not smart enough. Both statements are dead wrong. If a woman wants to wrestle and have higher levels of competition, let her wrestle. I don't see the issue. Averages don't matter here. This lady (and plenty of others) BEAT boys in wrestling PLUS I already mentioned that wrestling isn't just about physical strength, it's about leverage and skill. People see "wrestling" and think WWE.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JusticeIsComing

This may come as a shocking and overwhelming surprise to you, but he may have just been being honest. As an Christian, perhaps he didn't feel comfortable physically wrestling around with a young woman roughly the same age as him that he's not married to in a familiar way that would not be unlike sexual contact.

That doesn't make sense. If that's the case he shouldn't be wrestling guys either because there is always that chance of "sexual" contact. Christianity is also against homosexuality, so if it was truly his "Christian" beliefs, he shouldn't be wrestling guys either... but he's obviously a pompous sexist idiot afraid of losing to a girl.

Wrestling is obviously not the same as sexual contact, but the genitals are all still pretty much aligned and up against each other

Does he not wear a cup? LOL @ genitals lining up. That almost never happens. I wrestled for years and never once did my junk even get near another person's junk.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
dp
edit on 3 14 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
That doesn't make sense. If that's the case he shouldn't be wrestling guys either because there is always that chance of "sexual" contact...

Have them look up the 'butt drag', probably the most homo-erotic move one Christian male can slap on another. But it's cool because they aren't gay.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That doesn't make sense. If that's the case he shouldn't be wrestling guys either because there is always that chance of "sexual" contact...

Have them look up the 'butt drag', probably the most homo-erotic move one Christian male can slap on another. But it's cool because they aren't gay.

WOW!!!!!! Learn something new every day,
Sooo one guy wrestler can basically hand rape another guy wrestler and that is OK...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yup. But Jesus said this is cool becasue it's two dudes doing it to each other.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Apples to oranges, unless you are insinuating AA only have 66% brain capacity compared to other races. A man for the same weight as a woman is 33% stronger on average. So you are telling me that facing another human in combat, that based on statistics and science, is most likely only 66% of my strength, is an even playing field? Its not a notion if it backed in science and statistical data.

It's not apples to oranges and no, I'm not saying AA are less intelligent. I'm talking about STEREOTYPES. IE a woman can't beat a man in wrestling because she is not strong enough or a black dude can't beat a white dude in chess because he's not smart enough. Both statements are dead wrong. If a woman wants to wrestle and have higher levels of competition, let her wrestle. I don't see the issue. Averages don't matter here. This lady (and plenty of others) BEAT boys in wrestling PLUS I already mentioned that wrestling isn't just about physical strength, it's about leverage and skill. People see "wrestling" and think WWE.

I wrestled in HS. Didnt like cutting weight when I was already low bodyfat, and wanted to surf, skate, and box more so pursued those things. So, no, I do not think WWE when I think of wrestling. I think of the tosses, and applying torque or a choke to a female and it does not sit right with me, sorry not sorry.
edit on 14-3-2019 by KnoxMSP because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

BS. The benefit of the doubt never crossed your mind. Calling someone names, claiming their upbringing is wrong isn't altruistic. Perhaps in your perverted world where it is OK for men to beat on women. Not in mine. We hold the line, we do not let society get picked apart because someone wants to act out on their fantasy aggression vicariously thru a young man wrestler. Then if he refuses punish him for not towing the new progressive thought line. Pathetic. That boy has more morals in his pinky toe than you will ever know.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I've wrestled and never would beat on a women like that. Sounds like you have quite a bit experience. Perhaps in both. Maybe that is why you think it is OK.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

BS. The benefit of the doubt never crossed your mind. Calling someone names, claiming their upbringing is wrong isn't altruistic. Perhaps in your perverted world where it is OK for men to beat on women. Not in mine. We hold the line, we do not let society get picked apart because someone wants to act out on their fantasy aggression vicariously thru a young man wrestler. Then if he refuses punish him for not towing the new progressive thought line. Pathetic. That boy has more morals in his pinky toe than you will ever know.

What are you blathering on about specifically? What part of this inane response addresses what I've said above?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I've wrestled and never would beat on a women like that. Sounds like you have quite a bit experience. Perhaps in both. Maybe that is why you think it is OK.

I don't think your highschool gym shower slapfights count dude.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join