It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School boy forfeits wrestling match because of his Christian beliefs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's a no win situation for the boy.

If he beats her the attitude would be so what? You beat a girl.

If he straight whoops her ass, he's a villain.

If he loses he's a laughing stock.

Whatever reason he gave, he did the right thing.

How many other males did he beat that were basically not a fair match either?

i think he should have whipped that girl so bad that she didn't want to wrestle boys any longer. And if he couldn't whip her that pretty much justifies her competing in the tourney.

And the against christian values excuse is a complete cop out. I don't think Christianity takes any stance on girls competing against boys.

This kid has nothing to be proud of.

Some of you people are dense; are you being intentionally blockheaded?

The issue in this instance for a Christian isn't boys and girls competing in sports. It's boys and girls competing in THIS sport, because their bodies will be in intimate positions and put intimate body parts and areas into contact with one another, which many Christians believe would be immodest. As much as he might want to, a Christian boy is not going to roll around with a girl in a sport where their crotches will be all over each other.

So it's ok for two Christian boys to put intimate body parts together?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ha! I can't believe this sissy was so afraid of losing to a girl he came up with every excuse in the book not to wrestle. If I were his teammate I would rag on him mercilessly. There's no place for the weak in wrestling, boy! I'm sorry I just have no respect for mentalities like this. All you snowflakes out there need to stop feeling sorry for him.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek All you snowflakes out there need to stop feeling sorry for him.

Weak sauce. I was raised to never hurt a female, and you would never call me a snowflake to my face. Some people have values you obviously don't understand.

I boxed GG all through HS and would have never boxed a girl if it came up.

[Quote] “And I guess the physical aggression, too. I don’t want to treat a young lady like that on the mat. Or off the mat. And not to disrespect the heart or the effort that she’s put in. That’s not what I want to do, either.

From the honorable young man in question.
edit on 12-3-2019 by KnoxMSP because: Formatting

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek All you snowflakes out there need to stop feeling sorry for him.

Weak sauce. I was raised to never hurt a female, and you would never call me a snowflake to my face. Some people have values you obviously don't understand.

You probably couldn't make it to the next level because you lack that killer instinct. All great fighters have an animalistic killer instinct that kicks in. When I saw an opponent in front of me, I didn't see man or woman or anything else. All I saw was prey to be dominated, victimized, conquered, so that, in the end, I could hold my arms up in the air and prove to all that witnessed that I was the best. If you have anything else in your mind such as being too rough or too bullying, or concern that your opponent is not good enough, strong enough, or tough enough to handle you, or other moral lessons like that that this bleeding heart world had instilled into you, then you have handicapped yourself. But I suppose you're just content with your GG and moved on with your life. Not me. I have more respect for the girls that want to challenge themselves beyond their limits than for people like you or this frightened boy who hold yourselves back based on what other people think of you.
edit on 12-3-2019 by SonsOfTheMeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek

You probably couldn't make it to the next level because you lack that killer instinct. All great fighters have an animalistic killer instinct that kicks in. When I saw an opponent in front of me, I didn't see man or woman or anything else. All I saw was prey to be dominated, victimized, conquered, so that, in the end, I could hold my arms up in the air and prove to all that witnessed that I was the best. If you have anything else in your mind such as being too rough or too bullying, or concern that your opponent is not good enough, strong enough, or tough enough to handle you, or other moral lessons like that that this bleeding heart world had instilled into you, then you have handicapped yourself. But I suppose you're just content with your GG and moved on with your life. Not me. I have more respect for the girls that want to challenge themselves beyond their limits than for people like you or this frightened boy who hold yourselves back based on what other people think of you.

Yea, I am weak for not wanting to dominate a weaker human...

Pyschopath

It's called honor. What our society is lacking, and probably a large portion of the problem with this world.
edit on 12-3-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i really dont care either way but i think it is funny.
i wrestled.
a couple of my brothers.
friends.

i have been in and around it.
seen dudes forfeit. dudes lose. dudes smash girls.

where are all the important conservative values?
he committed to wrestling.

but he forfeited.

he knew fell well that girls wrestle.
he knew full well the situation could come up where he would have to wrestle a girl.

maybe his plan all along was ill just forfeit if that happens.

maybe he should have not joined the sport if he was going to have to forfeit matches that are totally within the rules.

many ways to look at it.

christian values..
sure

could be

my take

it was the typical but it was a lose/lose
right?

beat the girl and big whoop.
lose to the girl and OMG

that is pretty much the way of thinking.

thats all wrong

and oh he dont want to touch a little bit of tit.
thats another usual excuse.

except boys that age will jump on any chance they can to touch a tit so give me a break.

probably for what if i lose to the girl vs what if i beat her

i have seen it many times

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Pyschopath

It's called honor. What our society is lacking, and probably a large portion of the problem with this world.

Honor is respecting an opponent enough to take the challenge they willingly present to you and stay within the rules of the contest. By not taking their challenge your couldn't be less honorable or more disrespectful.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

the " puny girl " - had already advanced through the knockout heats - there is no evidence that his win was " assured "

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Honor is respecting an opponent enough to take the challenge they willingly present to you and stay within the rules of the contest. By not taking their challenge your couldn't be less honorable or more disrespectful.

i am with you

he is speaking about it in the context of bushwacking her on the street and beating the hell out of her.

they both entered the sport knowing the rules.
she knew she would be wrestling all boys
he knew he may have to wrestle a girl

so own it

wrestle

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: KnoxMSP

the " puny girl " - had already advanced through the knockout heats - there is no evidence that his win was " assured "

i didnt see anyone post his win was assured

thats hilarious

this girl could be someone like Sarah HIldebrandt

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Pyschopath

I would never let a woman be an opponent of mine in combat sports, just like this young man. Life's not all about winning at sports. It is dishonorable for a man to hurt a woman in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Pyschopath

I would never let a woman be an opponent of mine in combat sports, just like this young man. Life's not all about winning at sports. It is dishonorable for a man to hurt a woman in my opinion.

Never mind the fact that they are willing participants because, after all, you're the man and you know what's best for them. How cute for them to believe they can think and decide things for themselves.

btw, That's a sweeping general statement for you to make at the end there. You disrespect all the good men in blue who often in their line of work have to execute reasonable force and sometimes, when necessary, harm in order to deal with female suspects. Do you think it dishonorable of them to not stop and call in female police officers to deal with these suspects who happen to be women? But as you say, there is never a situation ever under any circumstances that a man should become physical with a woman. So I guess I'll just defer to that.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

my opinion is that is a super lame ass cop out.

you are not 'hurting' a woman if you are both in a sport/competition you entered voluntarily and are playing within the rules.

you think all women are some delicate flower?

you think this girl wrestler is made of glass or something?
she has been in the room. she gone through injury. weight cut. hard training. injury. ringworm. staph.
the whole deal.
just like everyone else there.

to top it off she has to deal with this kind of bull# all the time.
must suck for her to a point.
forfeits.
wondering if a guy is going easy on her.

i say show her the respect she has earned through the same grind as everyone and give her you best.
dont try extra hard to check her oil.
dont go easy.

treat her like you would anyone else.

she knows the game

that dont want to hurt women story is so friggin weak.

not like youre picking a woman out of the crowd at the mall to throw high crotches on.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
He should have channeled his inner Stone Cold and gave her a Texas-style beat down. No mercy!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Just that rolling around on the floor with your legs wrapped around a dude is not really a sport.

Go to your local MMA gym and tell them that.

I have personally done this..MMA guys are not so brutally tough as they think.

Plus MMA is not wrestling.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You can't fault him for exercising his beliefs, Even if you don't agree with them. It is his choice to compete or not. Kudos to him for making a tough decision that pathetic people on the internet will lambast him for.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

I'm a girl and I think these guys should wrestle girls and don't hold back.

Well, same weight class? Yup, kid is a chump. Same weight, same rules.

And where in the bible does it say you can't wrestle someone because their a girl/woman? Oh yea, it doesn't... well, what you see here is that religion ain't compatible with women being on equal footing as men. As a matter of fact that religion ain't nice to women at all.

Nah, the problem is, ya man is scared to catch that fade. Her ranking puts her up there with one of the best in the state.

Hold this L kid... hold this L.

I'm not religious, but i was raised with the mentality to never hit a girl and I'm raising my son the same way. I would have serious problems not holding back if i was that kid.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Pyschopath

Never mind the fact that they are willing participants because, after all, you're the man and you know what's best for them. How cute for them to believe they can think and decide things for themselves.

btw, That's a sweeping general statement for you to make at the end there. You disrespect all the good men in blue who often in their line of work have to execute reasonable force and sometimes, when necessary, harm in order to deal with female suspects. Do you think it dishonorable of them to not stop and call in female police officers to deal with these suspects who happen to be women? But as you say, there is never a situation ever under any circumstances that a man should become physical with a woman. So I guess I'll just defer to that.

You are taking an anomaly and making it out to be the norm. Yes, law enforcement, or prevention of harm to others would be an anomalous situation where a man may have tp hurt a female. But guess what, sports are not the same as real life.

I never proposed to tell anyone whats best for them. You are adding things to what I said. Disingenuous at best. I said I would choose for myself not to compete against a girl in combat. End. You dont get to assume there are other motivations in there for me.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If they both Consent to the activity, just like anyone else what do I care what they do with their giblets? Or you for that matter...

Way to attack him for being a Christian male.

Go girl power!!!!! We are as tough as any boy. Certainally as aggressive or nasty.

I wrestled in high school for a season (until I broke two ribs practicing with someone several weight classes above me, go coach). I wrestled girls twice in matches. I decided to compete, but did the entire team make fun of me? Yes. Did I win? Yes. Does that matter? No. Did I feel uncomfortable touching a girl physically at that time of my life, hormones raging, confusing feelings... yes I did. But you clearly don't respect any of those feelings.

I can assure you it was a tough choice for the lad, he worked hard to get to that match and decided to forfeit for his stated beliefs. What's disgusting is your prejudice to attack him, a teenager learning in the world for making a hard choice he will remember his whole life.

The lack of mutual respect and understanding in today's climate is at a boiling point. This is some seriously petty #.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join