It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only college educated people should get to vote

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Interesting post. Except for a small problem. I work in the tech field and I work with a lot of college grads. Some claim to be engineers, but cant do basic math. That's right, they cannot do basic addition subtraction, division or multiplication. I suspect that as of late, there are a lot of people cheating their way through college to get a degree, there is even a term for it, fake it until you make it. So many of these "college grads" display little or no common sense, compassion, empathy, or even much in the way of intellectual prowess. Trust them to vote over other people? In a word, NO.

edit on 4-3-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

^this^

I flunked high school, I could not be taught so I taught myself. So only some sophomoric frat boys who got their scholarships to play football, but an uneducated man like me-who has been dubbed the walking encyclopedia, should I not have the right?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

See, I wanted to give you a star and say good point. But then you mentioned your not a college graduate.

Do you not think there is more than 1 gender?

*you're

If you had common sense you wouldn't of needed to point that out.
Oh well, Gramps, educate us on the dangers of dreaded book learnings.

Still waiting for an example of a common sense question for your (
)test.

You're still stuck on school subjects. Schools can't teach you common sense

You either didn't go to school or went to a really poor one if you didn't learn common sense during your education.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I'm sure "dubbed the walking encyclopedia" looks great on your resume.

I could not be taught so I taught myself

So... you could be taught.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I like how they think regurgitating information told to you makes you intelligent.

That makes you a #ing tool.

Thanks for giving yourself that label, I notice you've posted many threads containing information you've read from different sources online.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

You still think you have any credibility? Just keep posting and showing your ignorance.

Especially from someone that posted the below statement which is totally unfounded. A statement made out of biased ignorance.

At ease soldier.

I was merely suggesting that on average those that serve have below average intelligence.

And believe me I don't need anyone to help defend my armchair.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then you go one about education? When you post totally unfounded bias ignorance. You cannot cite any sources to support your opinion. Then when sources are cited that shows your opinions are lacking in truth, your opinion doesn’t evolve.

Seems your are more indoctrinated than educated. More programmed to spout opinion than educated logic.

But keep posting. It’s fun watching you dig yourself into a hole. Fun to watch you act with smug ignorance.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Degree = No
Competency certificate = Yes
Sorry, on mobile.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
How about only second generation citizens who are property owners.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
How about we leave it as it is. If you take a groups power to vote they will end up hanging the elitist people who can vote.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Oh no, have I lost credibility in your eyes? My life is over.

Wow, I didn't realise you could get so emotional over someone else opinion.

America’s Top Military Brass Is Filled With Mediocre Idiots

Hey now we are a pointless source a piece. Whoever gets four in a row wins the argument and the other has to change their opinion. Happy?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I still think it ought to be related to tax liability. When you pay in more than you take out at tax time, you vote.

And to fix the problem that most of us take more than we pay, you change the tax system to one that's a flat percentage, no deductions for everyone. To fix the whining about the super-poor, you set a total income line, and give everyone below it the option to opt out with the understanding they also forfeit their voting rights and cannot regain the franchise until they have paid into the system for a period of four years. Why four? That means you can't just pay taxes in a presidential election year and not the other three.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You

Wow, I didn't realise you could get so emotional over someone else opinion

You too

As for your career rant, I'm sure in comparison there are a handful of mighty fine people who go through a career in the military. But mostly it'll be drop-outs, would be convicts and those who are desperate to serve so they can casually bring it up every family dinner, conversation at the local Walmart or to anonymous users on the internet
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The last quote is not opinion.

It is a hateful and biased rant totally void of fact and credibility.

You are not even adult enough to admit it was a a petty statement void of any citable facts. In others, you were blatantly trolling.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Being intelligent enough to not fall into the trap that is academia makes someone?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

The last quote is not opinion.

Isn't it?

Pretty sure its my opinion. Its been lovely discussing this with you.

I am guessing you were a wannabe marine that couldn’t score high enough to even make the infantry? Or someone slated as a navy nuke that couldn’t get past boot camp?

Now this sure looks a lot like a hateful biased rant totally void of fact and credibility.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It’s called peeling the onion to dig down to why you exhibit unfounded jealousy for the military. Your unsolicited commit of “desperate to serve so they can casually bring it up every family dinner, conversation at the local Walmart or to anonymous users on the internet ” says volumes about your short comings and mental state. I guess you cannot stand people that have worldly knowledge. I am still guessing you are resentful of a sibling serving in the military that got out to see the world, and did something to distinguish themselves.

edit on 5-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I do think there should be a test. You have to know how the basic gov. works, no party affiliation, and maybe some kind of test to make sure you know a little about the candidate.

I don't know, but It seems like the media is failing us, and weeding out the people who vote on emotional responses would be good.

Easy in theory. Hard in execution. OP has a point. Dumb voters are not helping the country and you don't need a college education to know how the Gov. Works or to know how to research candidates.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
How about only people who pay taxes should be able to vote.

If you're in the top 47% on income earners then you can vote.

Otherwise you have not earned the right to vote

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

How is that possible? Learning just a college algebra course uses polynomials, fractions, geometry, functions ect...

It's most likely they forgot how to do things like long division b/c calculators took that over since freshman year in high school.

Easy to forget the basics over time..

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Anyway. Your own words betray you. I have been posting off topic, and dealing with a person blinded by resentment and falsehoods. A person that cannot admit their “opinion” of, “I was merely suggesting that on average those that serve have below average intelligence“ is from obvious biased resentment, and was uneducated. Which is ironic for a person talking about education, and cannot evolve their opinion when faced with actual facts.

Anyway, good luck with your future trolling.
edit on 5-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed some

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've always said, to be able to vote, you should have to have paid taxes during that year.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join