It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only college educated people should get to vote

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude
Plato had it right...Can you imagine a mob rules America, with voters who regularly vote for "the Bachelor" or " American idol " deciding our future?

" and to the republic, for which it stands "

Yeah The bachelor, American idol or The Apprentice

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

LOL, well....typed too fast to think i guess. But i corrected it...there are wimmenfolk and menfolk.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

See, I wanted to give you a star and say good point. But then you mentioned your not a college graduate.

In the age of the internet where everyone has access to information....

Do people who get a four year degree really have any knowledge that can't be obtained by someone who doesn't have a degree?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I am guessing using your example, any person serving in the military, a police department, a fire department, as a first responder, or in the civil services shouldn’t vote?

I am guessing you were a wannabe marine that couldn’t score high enough to even make the infantry? Or someone slated as a navy nuke that couldn’t get past boot camp?
It is obvious you are butt hurt about something.

So, now you are making uneducated statements concerning the military. A career person gains common sense working with actual equipment in the field, then often works as an instructor, and then gains leadership skills by actually managing assets (equipment and personal) as they go from a technician to a management role.

edit on 4-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 4-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Double post
edit on 4-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Double post

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I would not stay in Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, or California, probably a few others. Individual states will feel the pain first before the entire nation.

All very true.

But I expect to see the entire USA go the way of the One Party state before long. As in, within the next 20 years or so. Its inevitable because of the broken education system, particularly the Universities.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Broken? They seem very good at indoctrination?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Whooosh! lol

And to answer your question, they may have access to the knowledge but a degree is more than just access. Its about how to find, disseminate and evaluate all the sources.

But hey, if you think having access to Google is as good as a four year degree good luck to you.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
No, you merely suggested they shouldn't vote, now with the qualifier of being below "average" intelligence.

I'm not a soldier, but I have friends and family who have and do serve. Your suggestion that we should now have a lower class of citizen based on "intelligence" with limited rights, is disgusting and you should be ashamed. To cast all those who serve in the armed forces as below average intelligent could be thought of as quite prejudice and uninformed... I suggest you find a finer point brush to paint with.

edit on 4-3-2019 by Rob808 because: I can't spellz guide

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Swing and a miss on that guess. I just said people who've served in the military.

Swing and miss again on the marine guess.

My turn. I can see your clearly upset about my comments, shame, I'm guessing you've served at some low point in the military. Unable to get a real job you've turned to the only place that will accept almost anyone and get a paycheck.

As for your career rant, I'm sure in comparison there are a handful of mighty fine people who go through a career in the military. But mostly it'll be drop-outs, would be convicts and those who are desperate to serve so they can casually bring it up every family dinner, conversation at the local Walmart or to anonymous users on the internet.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

I didn't suggest they shouldn't vote, I suggested they shouldn't be allowed to vote. Big difference.

lower class of citizen based on "intelligence" with limited rights

It was kind of the OP. But hey, you got me, I'm ashamed.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ever time you post, you just look petty. And it’s obvious you have never done anything that gave you a sense of honor. It’s ok to lie to yourself, everyone can see through your BS.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's a good thing you dont have any say from your high and mighty armchair, soldier.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

And you never did answer if individuals serving as firefighters and officers should get to vote. How do you define serving? I am guessing you realized how asinine you are.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
It's a good thing you dont have any say from your high and mighty armchair, soldier.

originally posted by: Rob808

I'm not a soldier

The irony.
Looking down at me from your armchair, soldier.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

And it’s obvious you don’t have a servent’s heart.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

And to answer your question, they may have access to the knowledge but a degree is more than just access. Its about how to find, disseminate and evaluate all the sources.

Degrees are great for landing jobs, especially if you major in the field, no doubt.

But we're talking about voting.

Believe it or not, you can learn how to read multiple sources and read through the BS... My guess is you already know that, but it wouldn't assist your angle right now

Out for the shock value and lulz....

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Do I need to name every profession that I think should be allowed to vote? Or do you just want to read what I originally wrote.

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt

I'd say serving in the military should be an auto-disqualification for voting.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Simmer down, simmer down.

I don't really think that is a good thing. I do think it would be interesting to make citizens pass
a basic US government test before voting.

How many uneducated voters are there? Do you think literacy would change the outcome of elections?
I've know so many people on both sides of the voting fence just go in and vote straight Republican or Democrat without
even know who they are voting for. I see this on a local level where I live. This isn't just about poor young people, a lot of this
can be said for elderly too.
Can we really trust uneducated people with such a responsibility?

Some of these same questions come up regarding felons and their voting rights, or lack thereof.
Why? They don't make good decisions, have low morals, are uneducated etc...

You realize this happened all over our country before the Civil Rights movement correct? You want to bring that into our reality? You want to undo one of the most important pieces of legislation of the 20th century.

Source

The Voting Rights Act (VRA), codified at 42 U.S.C. §§ 1973 to 1973aa-6, is an important federal civil rights law that protects minorities from discriminatory voting practices. Initially, the VRA only protected racial minorities, but in 1975, Congress extended its protections to members of “languages minorities,” including voters who speak Spanish, Native American languages, Alaskan Native languages, and Asian languages. The VRA prevents voting discrimination in several ways. It prohibits literacy tests or similar “tests or devices” as a prerequisite to voter registration, and requires jurisdictions with significant language minority populations to provide non-English ballots and oral voting instructions. The act also allows protects minorities from vote dilution. In areas with particularly bad discrimination problems, the act authorized federal examiners to directly register voters and observe polling places. Finally, it requires areas with a history of voting discrimination to “preclear” changes to their voting laws.

edit on 4-3-2019 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wonder why they are good for landing jobs?

We are talking about voting? What's your point? I never said people without a degree shouldn't be able to vote.

Not shock value or lulz, just gave an opinion. I'm not even sure what point your trying to make.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join