It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only college educated people should get to vote

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

So all criminals should be allowed to vote?

I mean, once you start eliminating people from voting because of the laws that are set down by the government, crimes, then surely this is an extension of the tyranny you fear.

Look how upset people get when you suggest people who served in the military shouldn't get a vote, even though it's widely established that these are people who'd struggle to perform mentally in a normal environment. When the military is like fat camp for idiots then should we consider their vote legitimate?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Create a new party, a party consisting of members of the public, local butchers to hairdressers, 1 week per year cycle them through, with voting within the party constant on all manners as they evolve. You can vote via online for anything, make up something see how many votes you get, the more important matters will be at the top because when we put our heads together the best solution will prevail.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Simmer down, simmer down.

I don't really think that is a good thing. I do think it would be interesting to make citizens pass
a basic US government test before voting.

How many uneducated voters are there? Do you think literacy would change the outcome of elections?
I've know so many people on both sides of the voting fence just go in and vote straight Republican or Democrat without
even know who they are voting for. I see this on a local level where I live. This isn't just about poor young people, a lot of this
can be said for elderly too.
Can we really trust uneducated people with such a responsibility?

Some of these same questions come up regarding felons and their voting rights, or lack thereof.
Why? They don't make good decisions, have low morals, are uneducated etc...

Only people who've graduated from college and have done time in the Armed Forces should be allowed to vote! If you have never put your life on the line, you are not worthy of democracy!!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

JAG is asking if uneducated voters should be allowed to vote or if there should be a basic general knowledge criteria.

What you've suggested would significantly lower the average IQ. I wonder what your doctor or a brain surgeon might think that he's not allowed to vote yet the run of the mill army moron is allowed to.

Terrible idea, maybe you should take some time serving the armed forces.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What you've suggested would significantly lower the average IQ. I wonder what your doctor or a brain surgeon might think that he's not allowed to vote yet the run of the mill army moron is allowed to.

Do you think the majority of the people alive today have a significantly lower than average IQ? Bit of an intellectual airs innit?

or a brain surgeon might think that he's not allowed to vote yet the run of the mill army moron is allowed to.

Those guys can join the Army and become field doctors, they're always welcome

Terrible idea, maybe you should take some time serving the armed forces.

I served in the Army, did my mandatory military service duty, and now I'm in the national reserve.

So did my father and his father and every man in my family, great-grandpa served in world war I, another one served in world War II. Like my father says, with all of these obese guys walking around, what we need is to make Military service compulsory, globally. It would help these young men develop a sense of personal worth, their self-esteem would increase, and you do realize the only reason Europe and the states aren't getting invaded and occupied by hordes of Muslim men is because of the brave men and women who served in the Military?

There is no finer vocation than that of a soldier.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ligyron

I served in the Army, did my mandatory military service duty, and now I'm in the national reserve.

Ah! No more explanation needed. You are in the group I'd say shouldn't be allowed to vote. Clearly it runs in your family so its probably for the best you stick to performing tricks/commands on demand and less thinking. Thinking is not a soldier's strong point.

"brave men and women" Ha! At least you ended with a joke.

o7

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The Elite would like to go back to the times when Only the Rich were allowed to vote. Get rid of those pesky peasants voting to improve their own lives.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ligyron
Only people who've graduated from college and have done time in the Armed Forces should be allowed to vote! If you have never put your life on the line, you are not worthy of democracy!!

Pizza delivery drivers have a higher chance of being killed than soldiers in a war zone. Even in WW2, the deadliest conflict in world history only 2.4% of soldiers the US had serve in it were killed.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Any loser that wants to restrict an enumerated right is an anti-Constitutional douche-bag.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

What about your mother or sister or wife? Didn't mention any of the females in your family I noticed.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Simmer down, simmer down.

I don't really think that is a good thing. I do think it would be interesting to make citizens pass
a basic US government test before voting.

How many uneducated voters are there? Do you think literacy would change the outcome of elections?
I've know so many people on both sides of the voting fence just go in and vote straight Republican or Democrat without
even know who they are voting for. I see this on a local level where I live. This isn't just about poor young people, a lot of this
can be said for elderly too.
Can we really trust uneducated people with such a responsibility?

Some of these same questions come up regarding felons and their voting rights, or lack thereof.
Why? They don't make good decisions, have low morals, are uneducated etc...

what if they got a degree in Astrological Interpretations from the Phoenix University Online Program

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt
a reply to: Rob808

Aka you?

I mean anytime you want to stop attacking me for expressing my opinion is fine.
I'm sorry you disagree with my opinion are having trouble letting it go. o7

Then you need to prove.

I need to prove? Did you finish this sentence?

Are you saying if you don’t have a high school diploma or GED you can join the military? Are you saying only stupid people drop out?

You can read what I've said, if I didnt say the above you can assume I've not said it yet in this thread.

www.psychologytoday.com...

PyschologyToday ...

How many pages of google did you go through to find that. lol.

In sum, enlisted military members are better educated, get higher test scores, and come from higher socioeconomic backgrounds than their similarly aged peers in society.

Nah. They are basically the people who couldn't get a proper job.

it kinda sounds like you were raped by someone in the military.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
only people who should be allowed to vote , are United States Citizens, not illegals , and not felons . leave the god d$#n voting alone , since the left lost now we need to fix voting cuz its obviously broke, i mean we bought , cheated , lied and still lost.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Any loser that wants to restrict an enumerated right is an anti-Constitutional douche-bag.

Mind pointing out where exactly the Constitution says you have the right to vote? Because I've read the document many, many times and I've never seen the right to vote affirmed anywhere in it. The only mention it makes of voting rights, is methods in which the government is not allowed to deny your ability to vote.

So, that leaves us with two options. Either we have rights in this country beyond those that are enumerated, or we don't have a right to vote.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You know your asking too much from DB, he's just a parrot of whatever news headline he's seen on Fox. And judging by his desperate attempts at humour on his profile you'd have to say he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Perfect candidate for military service though, DBC have you ever thought of serving?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Only people will some schooling should be allowed to vote because look at what uneducated fools gave us, first they gave us Bush Jr. and the decided he wasn't stupid enough, so they elected Trump, an immoral incoherent idiot.

People should be scared about the next republican president after Trump because it will probably be a severely brain damaged individual unable to take care of themselves...while supporters scream and cheer every time they drool.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

I do think, that once you have done your time and society decides you should take your place again, yes you should vote.

I wouldn't go as far as saying those still in gaol should vote, but once you are out, it seems wrong that you cannot.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

I do think, that once you have done your time and society decides you should take your place again, yes you should vote.

I wouldn't go as far as saying those still in gaol should vote, but once you are out, it seems wrong that you cannot.

Most people seem to agree with this given the huge push to restore voting rights to felons.

That battle in terms of public opinion is already over, it's just a matter of getting legislators to implement it. When Florida of all places gives voting rights back to nearly everyone, well... that settles that.

I do think there's a conversation to be had on voting rights for felons while in jail. Other prisoners are able to vote from jail, and given the state of our prisons, not to mention the fact that they keep getting worse, I think it could make a lot of sense for prisoners to actually be able to vote for representation in order to hopefully improve things.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

So while your in prison... you can't vote.

If you aren't allowed a vote, or if your vote is discounted as not being the right one, what moral authority does the state have to expect you to obey it's laws?

Sounds like a perfect circle of crime and not obeying the laws you couldn't vote for.

Seriously, if you are an adult and excluded from the legislative process, then any law imposed upon you must bear some shade of tyranny.

Adults are excluded from voting if in prison. So is this a shade of tyranny?

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Jay Leno would disagree.

Some of the dumbest people in his street videos are today's college students.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join