It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only college educated people should get to vote

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I do, you are shameless in your words. Your need to have the last word, which lack substance proves you are only going on ego.

The qualifier of removing rights of citizens on intelligence lacks any moral substance and instantly treads down a path of oppression. You believe that those who serve in the military MUST be below average intelligence (aka you) and which you cite nothing about this claim, is wildly off base and full of unwarranted privilege.

You really have nothing here but your own prejudice here.

a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wonder why they are good for landing jobs?

We are talking about voting? What's your point? I never said people without a degree shouldn't be able to vote.

Not shock value or lulz, just gave an opinion. I'm not even sure what point your trying to make.

From your post to another member earlier.

See, I wanted to give you a star and say good point. But then you mentioned your not a college graduate.

I responded to that saying that people have access to current events and information and can come to conclusions without a degree.

My point is (keeping in mind this thread is about qualifications to vote) that people can stay informed without having a four year degree.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Maybe the individual had a sibling that served in the military that received more distinction? Who knows why the individual is unfairly stereotyping the military? It’s just pitiful either way.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Aka you?

I mean anytime you want to stop attacking me for expressing my opinion is fine.
I'm sorry you disagree with my opinion are having trouble letting it go. o7

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yeah not only was that post obviously tongue-in-cheek but it also didn't mention whether he should be able to vote, just that I wouldn't give him a star.

I'm beginning to change my criteria though, I might add people-who-get-angry-on-internet-forums to the list.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yeah not only was that post obviously tongue-in-cheek but it also didn't mention whether he should be able to vote, just that I wouldn't give him a star.

I'm beginning to change my criteria though, I might add people-who-get-angry-on-internet-forums to the list.

You only have about 40 posts on ATS.... So it may be hard for us to know what is "obviously tongue and cheek", especially us uneducated folk

And honestly, I'm not surprised some people got a little worked up from your comments... I rarely let internet word salads get to me though.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Aka you?

Then you need to prove.

As for your career rant, I'm sure in comparison there are a handful of mighty fine people who go through a career in the military. But mostly it'll be drop-outs, would be convicts and those who are desperate to serve so they can casually bring it up every family dinner, conversation at the local Walmart or to anonymous users on the internet
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you saying if you don’t have a high school diploma or GED you can join the military? Are you saying only stupid people drop out?

I was merely suggesting that on average those that serve have below average intelligence.

www.psychologytoday.com...

Finally, according to the Pentagon, 71 percent of Americans aged 17 to 24 would fail to qualify for military service. The reasons are primarily due to educational, behavioral, criminal, or fitness issues.

In sum, enlisted military members are better educated, get higher test scores, and come from higher socioeconomic backgrounds than their similarly aged peers in society.

I guess “on average those that serve have below average intelligence” for you was not only a swing and a miss, but a right out uneducated blatantly false statement.

edit on 4-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Aka you?

Then you need to prove.

I need to prove? Did you finish this sentence?

Are you saying if you don’t have a high school diploma or GED you can join the military? Are you saying only stupid people drop out?

You can read what I've said, if I didnt say the above you can assume I've not said it yet in this thread.

PyschologyToday ...

How many pages of google did you go through to find that. lol.

In sum, enlisted military members are better educated, get higher test scores, and come from higher socioeconomic backgrounds than their similarly aged peers in society.

Nah. They are basically the people who couldn't get a proper job.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Everybody but white males should get to vote since they're a minority but still have all the privilege, right?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
120+ iq to vote.

# college.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

It's not the 17th century anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: LSU2018

You can't even give me an example of a common sense question.

a reply to: JAGStorm

I think voting should be based on a common sense test.

Passing a test isn't impressive.

Don't act like you caught me up. You know what kind of test I'm saying isn't impressive to pass. If you don't, then you just failed your first common sense question.

And you have just proved that what is common sense to one person isn't common sense to another.

Would you rather have book sense or common sense?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I like how they think regurgitating information told to you makes you intelligent.

That makes you a #ing tool.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

A math test? Economics? What tests do you like and which do you not? What kind of questions would appear on a common sense test?

I mean, a less educated man than myself might suggest you didn't do well at school and thus decided tests weren't applicable to real life learning.

You're still stuck on school subjects. Schools can't teach you common sense.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

See, I wanted to give you a star and say good point. But then you mentioned your not a college graduate.

Do you not think there is more than 1 gender?

*you're

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just so I get this idea,

Turn up at the voting booth -
No id required as it's racist -
Get asked "do you have a college degree or have passed current knowledge test?"
answer Yes/Si/Wee..... - Get to vote
answer No/nah/nein.... - Don't get to Vote

Humm,, nope don't think this will work.

link   
Just so I get this idea,

link   
Just so I get this idea,

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Aka you?

Then you need to prove.

I need to prove? Did you finish this sentence?

You can read what I've said, if I didnt say the above you can assume I've not said it yet in this thread.

PyschologyToday ...

How many pages of google did you go through to find that. lol.

Nah. They are basically the people who couldn't get a proper job.

Dude, you are just proving more and more how petty you are. And how uneducated.

Let’s put it this way then.

You need to prove the below quote which are your own petty words.

As for your career rant, I'm sure in comparison there are a handful of mighty fine people who go through a career in the military. But mostly it'll be drop-outs, would be convicts and those who are desperate to serve so they can casually bring it up every family dinner, conversation at the local Walmart or to anonymous users on the internet.

You did answer the below:

Now, let’s do a logic lesson on more of your petty words. The below quote is you.

I was merely suggesting that on average those that serve have below average intelligence.

And believe me I don't need anyone to help defend my armchair.

So the military who is always fighting to maintain their budget are going to entrust billion dollar nuclear subs, nuclear ships, stealth aircraft, million dollar tanks, jets, curse missiles, missile defenses systems, decryption codes to individuals that are “below average intelligence” who are “mostly it'll be drop-outs, would be convicts and those who are desperate to serve so they can casually bring it up every family dinner?”

While sources cited state:

The average USA IQ is 98
brainstats.com...

While

I estimate that the average for new enlisted men in 1998 was about 105.

This would be in the 60th to 65th percentile compared to all the young people in America when the Armed Forces Qualification Test was normalized in 1980 on the National Longitudinal Study of Youth’s sample of 13,000 people ages 15-23. (This is the same enormous study that provides the data in Section 2 of The Bell Curve.)

Female enlistees would be similar.

The Air Force has the highest AFQT test score enlistees, with the Navy slightly ahead of the Army and Marines for second place.

This 105 estimate would be representative of the years 1992 through about 2004, from the downsizing of the military after victory in the Cold War, when it virtually stopped taking enlistees with IQs below the 30th percentile, until the war in Iraq made recruiting more difficult over the last couple of years. Some of the branches of the military have recently increased the percentage of “Category IV” recruits (between 11th and 30th percentiles), but I doubt if the overall average has changed all that much.
www.unz.com...

Now. Would you like to prove by cited sources the average intelligence of US enlisted personnel is below the average Intelligence of the general population of the USA?
edit on 4-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed wording

edit on 4-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

edit on 4-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The whole reason for the U.S. working so hard to build its public education system was so that it would have a population of reasonable, informed voters.

It can be argued whether or not it worked. Turns out that like with buying a car, reason and logic are ignored in favor of an emotional reaction.
edit on 4-3-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join