It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only college educated people should get to vote

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Like starship troopers.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Voting is for suckers anyway. We should get rid of voting and tell people what's really going on. Honesty gets things done more than a smokescreen of bull# that most people can't see through.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Honesty is the playful yarn of a kitten populace. What is needed is not more toys but a Bona Fide Authority.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrAlphabetman

You win for one of the most bizarre responses to my posts I have personally seen in a while.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

You know. The more I think about it, and the further I have been digging into the whole 'land owner only' thing is starting to make sense...

I am leaning towards it was a little more than just about land ownership, and more about the interests a lot of rural people had that lived on those lands.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yes, it wasn't as much a status thing as it was an understanding thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
a reply to: JAGStorm

An educated voter, and a politically ignorant voter is not the same thing. One is not superior than the other, but one sure is a lot more informed. When I go to a mechanic, I want someone that knows what they are doing. Why is it wrong to expect that same responsibility out of our voting base? I think my conclusion is a fair one. Political ignorance hinders people. They may believe they are voting for one thing but it actually translates into something else. I think we've seen this time and time again with the Democratic party.

Youre NOT talking about an educated voter. Like i have said before, education is good!.
No, you are talking about taking the right to vote away from the ignorant voter, as you call it.

Youre voting responsibility isnt the same as fixing a car, it is the same as choosing a mechanic to fix a car.

How are you gonna make a test that determines which ideas are good and which people that are then allowed to vote?

Did Obama come up with some good ideas doing election? Yes he did - Did he lie about it all and did the exact opposite of what he promised? yes he did.

Wouldnt it be better, that the "mechanic" choosen to repair the car, was hold responsible, when he f it all up?

In North Korea, the smartest man is supposedly their dear leader, Kim Jong Ill. We know it is all propaganda, but if you start telling people which ideas are smart enough to be believed, and give voting rights based on that. You get to choose who is gonna be youre dear leader, cause the opponents ideas are stupid, right?

I get where you coming from, we hear some crazy ideas coming out the mouth of some politicans (mechanics) at the moment. It is crazy!
But it is not the voters who need a test, why dont you give the "mechanic" a test, before they are allowed to run for public service instead? afterall, it is them that is supposed to fix the car, not the voters

Sure maybe the mechanic needs the test, but so does the voter. I provided a link that pretty much sums up why. You can choose to ignore it, but to say it doesn't matter is wrong.

But while political ignorance is often rational behavior for individuals, it can lead to terrible collective outcomes. It does not matter much if any one voter is ignorant, but it does matter if we have an entire electorate that is that way. The situation is comparable to air pollution: one gas-guzzling car makes little difference, but thousands or millions of them could potentially cause great harm to the environment.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Would that include degrees from religious based colleges? What about trade schools, or should serving in the military be the real gateway for a voting citizen?

I'd say serving in the military should be an auto-disqualification for voting.

those who can, do; those who can't, teach; those who can do neither, join the military;

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
No. Can we really trust those who decide who get to vote or not? I don't trust you, so no.

You may not agree with how the whole country votes, you can't take away their voice because you believe their opinion doesn't meet your standard of education. Which btw most education centers are liberal brainwashing centers. I went to a SUNY school, I'm not wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Why would you suggest taking away the rights of those which serve in the military?

Why are they unfit to vote, or undeserving of this right as they defend you, armchair warrior?

Disgusting prejudice pig.
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

At ease soldier.

I was merely suggesting that on average those that serve have below average intelligence.

And believe me I don't need anyone to help defend my armchair.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt

Would that include degrees from religious based colleges? What about trade schools, or should serving in the military be the real gateway for a voting citizen?

those who can, do; those who can't, teach; those who can do neither, join the military;

Awww. Bless your heart.
-A vet.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

Odd I know very few people in the military that don't have at least a B. S. degree, most have a masters or higher.

Care to flesh out why I should not get a vote?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Vets are fine, taking caring of animals is worthy cause.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Excellent point.

If you sacrifice your life and rights to protect others.... You should keep the sacrifice going life long or it doesn't mean as much.

/s

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Vets are fine, taking caring of animals is worthy cause.

Seeing as they defend the rights of animals^, I agree.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Odd as I don't know those people. I guess one of us must be lying.

I was merely suggesting it as an alternative to college-educated only.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'd be happy if just current American citizens could vote. That would include showing some sort of picture ID to verify you are who you say you are.

BTW it's racist to say you believe minorities are too stupid or incapable to get a govt picture ID.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

DNA voting

Perfect system to ensure one vote per person and a little side bonus the Gov't get your DNA sample.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The only problem with this is that a lot of today's "college educated" people aren't intelligent. They're smart enough to pass a test with answers that have been given to them.

I think voting should be based on a common sense test. Common sense is far more important than a college education.
edit on 4-3-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join