It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennials are scared to touch meat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
www.tickld.com... ign=tkl-ofb-d-us-22282727&utm_content=2106&utm_source=ofb&utm_term=tkl-ofb-d-us-22282727.4tsv8w1q&fbclid=IwAR2N2Pxn6MeljAQPwLM7iHOkNvXh13SZ74G6utW0KUa MK14rbmmiX0LjALA

37% of shoppers under 35 years old get "anxious about touching raw meat., lot of the data suggests there are concerns about handling raw meat,

Older article but thought it applies today, and is getting worse.
Basically, young people think meat is icky, so manufactures are making packages that you can just slide the raw meat right onto the pan, without
having to, you know.. touch the meat... Maybe this isn't just about chicken...

I had to laugh about this. I am not a millennial but I remember when I first left home at 18 I did not like the feel of raw chicken.
It took me about a month to get over it. Basically if I wanted to eat chicken I had to learn to handle it.

I think it is funny that manufactures are catering to this. Some think it is due to lack of practice cooking. Maybe we should
bring back home economics in schools? Are we totally getting soft as a society?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Seems like just another example of darwin being robbed of his just rewards.

I'm sure their fears are actually legitimate, their parents taught them nothing(while somehow shielding them from everything).

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Millennials are scared to touch meat

Also the reason the sexbot industry is thriving.

BOOOM!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Some are I'm sure.

I don't know how wide spread it is.

All my friends and I get together and cook regularly. Tonight was sausages and back strap from deer.

No one is weird about it that I know.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I think it is funny that manufactures are catering to this. Some think it is due to lack of practice cooking. Maybe we should
bring back home economics in schools? Are we totally getting soft as a society?

Nope, not due to a lack of practice cooking. Due to having a society that's filled with a bunch of freaking pantywaist sissies.

I like to kill and dress my own meat. Never killed a large animal, but I've put down many small ruminants (goats, sheep), and many chickens and other fowl. Dressed out many pigs and deer, helped with cows and horses (yes, horses).

I made my daughter - when she was living with us and in her twenties - help me dress out the sheep. She didn't want to. Said it was "gross." I told her that if she planned on eating the meat, she'd help prepare it, that she needed to know where it came from and how it got on her plate. She sucked it up and dealt with it. Can't say she enjoys it, but she's better at it now.

I'm looking forward to killing my a sheep sometime soon. Hankering me some mutton.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Manufacturers will cater to anything they believe will sell. The funny thing is - they're scared to touch it, yet are apparently planning on going from package to pan. Can't imagine any meat prep that doesn't involve steps in between. Whether its rinsing bird, blotting meat dry, seasoning, etc.

More people than ever - millennial or not, don't seem to know the first thing about cooking nowadays. At least, that's the case in the US. Perhaps if we weren't all so busy with so much nonsense, people would cook and eat real food more, and be less sick.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Some are I'm sure.

I don't know how wide spread it is.

All my friends and I get together and cook regularly. Tonight was sausages and back strap from deer.

No one is weird about it that I know.

I'm a native of South Louisiana. Anybody down there who felt that way would be embarrased to admit it in public.

I live in Mexico now. Same here. We eat meat.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Lolz.

More like millennials suffering from a chronic case of procrastinating getting used to new realms any experiences/thoughts theyre uncomfortable with.

Fyi I'm a millenial and not a huge fan of being born in this century, but hey at least theres ATS

edit on 17-2-2019 by DoctorX11 because: reads better

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

millennial or not, don't seem to know the first thing about cooking nowadays

Any budgeting article, show or advice column will talk about people spending too much money eating out.
Cooking is truly becoming a lost art.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Really have to watch diseased deer meat right now.

I won't touch it.

It will turn you into a zombie.

link zombiedeer
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Ad link

link   
a reply to: incoserv

Nope, not due to a lack of practice cooking. Due to having a society that's filled with a bunch of freaking pantywaist sissies.

Quoted for Truth.

If you have a child older than 7 who has not at least dressed a rabbit or gutted a fish, you are a failure as a parent.

Period.

You are not teaching them life skills.

link   

I don't like touching raw meat either. I am a bit OCD with cleanliness.

That don't stop me from wrastlin' a big raw butterball though mmmmm

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Really have to watch diseased deer meat right now.

I won't touch it.

It will turn you into a zombie.

link zombiedeer

Yea... I know about it.

We ate it medium rare too.

The chances are slim I suppose.

Roll the dice.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If you have a child older than 7 who has not at least dressed a rabbit or gutted a fish, you are a failure as a parent.

Hold on a minute, can't get into dressing yet, don't forget about teaching them to fish in the first place. How many kids now have even experienced that?
Not very many i'm guessing. Sad! I read a story about city kids going to the country for a field trip. They were absolutely terrified with the butterflies out there.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I use to think a burger rare was disgusting but the I had a rare bison burger and it was great! I just worried about mad cow disease or something.

I will touch raw meat but after touching I get a extra helping of soap and hot water then I'm fine.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I use to think a burger rare was disgusting but the I had a rare bison burger and it was great! I just worried about mad cow disease or something.

I will touch raw meat but after touching I get a extra helping of soap and hot water then I'm fine.

This will freak young people out, but back in the day people ate hamburger raw.
If mom or grandma was cooking something, dad would sneak up and take a little bit to eat.
Same with onions and potatoes. People used to just eat everything.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have to say I have never heard such a thing.
It just doesn't compute.

Raw meat isn't slimy at all, not even chicken. I used to watch my mom cook, not that she was the greatest cook, or the greatest teacher, but I still know the basics......
And even if she hadn't, there's always basic cookbooks with pictures.
And there is soap, FFS!!!!!

Now I too would "prefer someone else" cook for me....and we are now able to eat out at nicer places more than once a week.
So, I suspect it's wanting instant gratification, and lack of incentive for many of the younger people.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have a cousin that won't touch raw chicken or turkey.
She's 50...

Foolish don't care how old you are.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah it is not just young people who won't eat raw meat. Conan O'Brian went to a sausage shop in Italy I think and the guy making the sausage was eating it raw and giving it to Conan to try. When ever he was given the raw sausage Conan pretended to eat it while chucking it away without the guy seeing.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Lumenari

Hold on a minute, can't get into dressing yet, don't forget about teaching them to fish in the first place. How many kids now have even experienced that?
Not very many i'm guessing. Sad! I read a story about city kids going to the country for a field trip. They were absolutely terrified with the butterflies out there.

It's a mess, is it not?

We used to be about self-sufficiency in this country.

I guess now that means your child knows how to use their card at an ATM.

And how much parent/child bonding is lost when you don't go fishing, camping, hunting?

We grew up as kids camping at the side of a lake somewhere for most of the summer.

Hearing the adult discussions, asking questions, learning what the world was through the tales of our relatives.

Awesome times, fondly remembered.

Now most don't experience any of it...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join