It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennials are scared to touch meat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
love handling meat before a cook, it's intimate, it's art, it's life.

FlyingFox No, it's death....literally. Ironic that you chose that term.

Its only intimate/art/life if YOU actually killed the animal and blessed the process, otherwise you are just feeling up a butchers work.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Millennials are scared to touch meat

Ever been in a packing plant or poultry processing facility? The employees all speak Spanish btw.

Yup... I also grew up on a ranch. I've slaughtered and butchered damn near every critter you can think of in my somewhat brief life. I've got a pair of kids who, by the time they were both over 8 years old, didn't consider it a good trip unless they ended up covered in salmon slime and guts or blood, fur, or feathers. I've seen all the supposedly gross stuff the PETA types roll out to try to dissuade folks from eating meat, I remain utterly unmoved. I cook pork and game to well done before I eat it just because of the stuff I've seen, I don't eat raw fish... again because of the stuff I've seen, and I usually take a few extra minutes to search out any nematodes from the salmon or halibut meat before I cook it if we have guests from the outside eating with us... but I still love my beef rare to the point it's damn near raw and my biggest issue with being covered with fish blood or mammal blood is that it usually happens in bear country, so I tend to clean myself up as quickly as I can to avoid attracting unwanted interest.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I grew up on a farm on those windy plains outside of Lubbock, Texas. We raised and butchered cows, pigs and chickens. I still own that acreage, now in cotton, onions and oil/gas leases.

My reference about the meat packing plants and Hispanics was that it's the Mexicans doing the nasty jobs Americans don't want to do for min. wage.
edit on 20-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Not sure I entirely agree with you there, at least not in regards to causation. The food processing plants I'm familiar with in general have employment demographics that are in line with the general demographics of whatever the area they are located has. Go to a chile processor in southern NM and yeah, you'll find a high hispanic worker population, but the area itself is 75-80% hispanic. Go to a chicken processor in Kentucky and you'll find an awful lot of black and white workers on the line and fewer hispanics because the region has a higher percentage of whites and blacks than the SW does.

As far as "Americans" go, I know a lot of Americans that work in the agricultural industries, busting their asses for minimum wage because they have enough pride to earn their own way rather than sit back on welfare paid for by the tax payers.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: olaru12

As far as "Americans" go, I know a lot of Americans that work in the agricultural industries, busting their asses for minimum wage because they have enough pride to earn their own way rather than sit back on welfare paid for by the tax payers.

I agree burdman; Oscar Meyer (Iowa Pig Slaughter) employed everyone in the '80s/no discrimination. New owner buyouts have not changed the rules of keeping in accordance with .gov regulations which packing houses follow (USDA people are all over these plants).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join