It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Then where the he'll did the noose come from? Did Jussie find it on the ground? Kind of a specific hate symbol to be used against a black man.

Apparently the 'noose' was really thin cord used for washing line, but appeared to have just been opened from a packet. Also, although it was allegedly around his neck it didn't actually resemble a noose in any way...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Then where the he'll did the noose come from? Did Jussie find it on the ground? Kind of a specific hate symbol to be used against a black man.

Of course, all MAGA shouting racist homophobes carry them wherever they go. You know, just in case.... < eyeroll >

Let's see the checklist:

MAGA supporters - check
Racists - check
Homophobes - check
Violent - check
Wearing flannel shirts and cowboy hats - N/A

Well, it seems they didn't check off all the boxes, so expect another "attack" down south somewhere in the next month.
< face palm >

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: chr0naut

Firstly, the cold weather only began today. When the attack happened the overnight temp was 7 degrees.

which is it?

I am not entirely sure of what you mean by your question, however:

When the attack happened it was not -15 degrees as someone proposed.

The overnight temperature in Chicago, on the night in question, was 7 degrees, according to online weather reports.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

But that's 7 Fahrenheit, right? Which is -14 degrees in the proper temperature scale? I think that might be confusing people?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Update

"Detectives have located a surveillance camera that shows potential persons of interest wanted for questioning in reference to the assault & battery of an Empire actor," Guglielmi tweeted Wednesday. "A community alert (with) photos is being constructed and will be disseminated shortly."

Related: 'Empire' co-star Taraji P. Henson decries Jussie Smollett attack: 'Hate will not win'

CASE UPDATE: Hours ago #ChicagoPolice detectives located a surveillance camera that shows potential persons of interest wanted for questioning in reference to the assault & battery of Empire actor. A community alert w/ photos is being constructed and will be disseminated shortly. pic.twitter.com/hu3HaPN5h1
— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) January 30, 2019

Officer Michelle Tannehill told USA TODAY that although the "video footage does not depict an assault," the people pictured are "seen in the vicinity of the alleged criminal incident during the alleged time of occurrence."

'Empire' star Jussie Smollett: Police locate 'persons of interest'; star exits hospital - USA Today

Let's see if these persons of interest are crucified in the media or if the media waits until all the facts are in...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

i didn't vote for trump, but i'm tempted to buy a MAGA hat and shirt just for the heck of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It's funny how so many "stars" are people that 99% of the country have never heard of.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Update

"Detectives have located a surveillance camera that shows potential persons of interest wanted for questioning in reference to the assault & battery of an Empire actor," Guglielmi tweeted Wednesday. "A community alert (with) photos is being constructed and will be disseminated shortly."

Related: 'Empire' co-star Taraji P. Henson decries Jussie Smollett attack: 'Hate will not win'

CASE UPDATE: Hours ago #ChicagoPolice detectives located a surveillance camera that shows potential persons of interest wanted for questioning in reference to the assault & battery of Empire actor. A community alert w/ photos is being constructed and will be disseminated shortly. pic.twitter.com/hu3HaPN5h1
— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) January 30, 2019

Officer Michelle Tannehill told USA TODAY that although the "video footage does not depict an assault," the people pictured are "seen in the vicinity of the alleged criminal incident during the alleged time of occurrence."

'Empire' star Jussie Smollett: Police locate 'persons of interest'; star exits hospital - USA Today

Let's see if these persons of interest are crucified in the media or if the media waits until all the facts are in...

As the article notes, they do not have any footage of the alleged attack. The pictures released are two guys who they saw in the area. They do have ski masks on, but aside from that they could literally be absolutely anybody.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if this is going to turn out to be a black-on-black crime. The fanbase of Empire, and thus the pool of people who would know who Smollett is, is overwhelmingly black. It's also a simple fact that the black population overall is far from supportive of gay rights. If anybody is going to have a problem with Smollett being gay, it probably won't be whites.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: CynConcepts

They don't call Chicago the windy city for nothing. Unless they had a rope to tie down a baseball cap down over the top of their ski masks...those caps would be flying into lake Michigan.

Wait! Is it possible you are saying that is why someone had a noose handy at 2 am?

There was no mention of them wearing baseball caps. Just because they allegedly said "This is MAGA country" does not mean that they were wearing baseball caps that proclaimed 'Make America Great Again'.

Is it not plausible it was a couple of "men of color" that did this to him in an attempt to paint MAGA as more racist? After all, they wore face coverings and gloves, and there was no mention of their skin color from the victim (as I understand it). It very well could be a real beating incident to him, but actually be a false flag in reality (unbeknownst to him).

It is plausible, is it not?

Perhaps it was Asians pretending to be Negros, pretending to be Caucasians, just to really confuse us all?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Chicago-Midway, IL, 28 January 2019 - Weather Underground

Was it 2 AM on the 28th Monday or 2 AM on the 29th Tuesday? Tuesday it was a wind chill of -15.

I assumed that since it was reported to the The Gateway Pundit, apparently by TMZ, and they originally published at 8:05 AM on the 29th, that it was most likely to have been something that actually occurred, the day before.

None the less, the weather on the 29th was:

Chicago-Midway, IL, 29 January 2019 - Weather Underground

My guess is that there is some degree of latitude in the actual temperature figures as not everyone is equally exposed and wind can be diverted around buildings in built up areas.

edit on 30/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells

From what I just read, chicago has one of the most advanced surveillance systems in the world. They probably have almost every footstep jussie took from his apartment to subway and back. Some people are going to look really silly when the truth finally shakes out, maybe i will be one of those people. You can quote me on this, Jussie is a liar.

Apparently Law Enforcement have reviewed video from a nearby Target department store and it only shows a single person walking down the street the video was not clear enough to identify if it was Jussie. They have also requested video from a nearby apartment.

Jussie also sustained a fractured rib in the assault.

Edit: apparently Law Enforcement have footage of persons of interest seen in the area and have circulated photographs.

edit on 30/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If he had a fractured rib and he denied medical attention and THEN went to the hospital he was high as a kite and it was not "bothering" him. I've seen people hopped up break bones and it takes a bit to hit them. I would think that may be the reason he did not want to go they would do a tox screen or have the police around.

I saw the pic of the two person of interest. They were not proud boys in MAGA hats..LOL.

I have fractured ribs. You do not wait and are in a ton of pain. I have to call bogus and Kamala, Booker, Rev Al and the NAACP should apologize for pushing race hate.

The letter and the noose. Sorry, too much.
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002019-01-30T22:44:57-06:001057 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Ok, first paragraph, im not sure what you are trying to say...

Everyone knows he sustained a fractured rib, what is your point?

And the persons of interest ? What’s your point?

Like i said, certain people are going to look really silly after all the facts come out. Jussie is a liar.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Makes you wonder at the mind of someone who hears of a possible crime and begins by doubting the best information source at present.

Slim chance it could be hoax. Major likelihood that it was, as reported.

Yup, certain people are going to look mighty silly when the truth shakes out. That i can guarantee.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
yeah this kind of thing has never happened to black men lol. to be fair though it does seem fishy. seems like a grinder date gone wrong

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
AHAHAHA twitter thread is on point

"They wont get away with this"

pbs.twimg.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Probably wise.

ETA: Is Subway even open at 2 AM? Admittedly, it may be different in Chicago, but the Subway here closes at 10 PM.

I live in Calgary, most of the Subways are open 24hrs a day here . I don't know where you live but I find that very odd that Subways closes at 10 pm in freaking Chicago, maybe.
edit on 31-1-2019 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyBilko

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Probably wise.

ETA: Is Subway even open at 2 AM? Admittedly, it may be different in Chicago, but the Subway here closes at 10 PM.

I live in Calgary, most of the Subways are open 24hrs a day here . I don't know where you live but I find that very odd that Subways closes at 10 pm in freaking Chicago, maybe.

I just googled subway Calgary and all the subway restaurants show closed at 4:31 am but one? Canada have a different definition of 24 hrs?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

Most close before 10:30pm.....

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

Only thing I can guess is it's small town stores that close earlier. It'd certainly be handy if it were open, since it's about a 10 minute walk from where I live...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   

That would certainly do it!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join