It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

www.cnn.com...

Investigators have video of Smollett entering the hotel after the alleged attack with what appears to be a noose around his neck, Guglielmi said.
Police are in possession of the rope and the sweater Smollett was wearing on the night of the attack and are testing the substance, according to Guglielmi.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Those suspects sure look like 'rednecks'...LOL.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Guglielmi said footage from the apartment building is sharp and shows Smollett walking in with a white rope around his neck. “We can confirm that, yeah, it was a rope, tied as a noose. It was tied that way,’’ he said. “You can tell it’s a rope tied as a noose.’’

Forty minutes later, as officers responded with their body cameras turned on, Smollett still had the rope around his neck, but it was untied.

“It was draped around his neck still, but it’s not fashioned as a noose,” Guglielmi said. “It was loosely dangling rope.” Officers took the rope and some of Smollett’s clothing as evidence.

Detectives piecing together 'digital puzzle' as they investigate report of attack on 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett - Chicago Tribune

So, apparently, it is clear in the video from the apartment building that the rope was fashioned into a noose when Smollett came into the complex, but at sometime after that and before police arrived, someone untied the rope and left it draped on Smollett's neck.

Also, it would seem as though the police haven't asked for Smollett's phone, only the records. Records which Smollett has refused to hand over:

The actor told police he was on the phone with his manager during the attack, but both of them have refused to turn over their phone records, Guglielmi said.

“Both the victim and his manager have made statements to detectives that they were on the phone with each other,” the police spokesman said in an email. “We were not able to independently verify that because they did not turn over cellphone records to police when asked.

“That being said, we have no reason to doubt the statements given, and the reason that detectives requested cellphone records is because the manager and the victim have a financial relationship with each other,” he added. “Because of that, independent verification was needed for the investigation.”

edit on 31-1-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link code

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

He walked in with a broken rib? Nope....ever break a rib? and now it was an envelope with 'white powder' in it. This is like a bad Chappelle episode. LOL. When keeping it real goes wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What? he walked into a hotel with a rope around his neck??

The biggest give away to this hoax is that the apparent victim keeps making up new things and all of sudden there were witnesses to the 2am incident... 'I was on the phone and I heard it all'.. says his good friend... 'but you can;t have my phone records to prove it'.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
What I see, is a lot of immoral people, doing a lot of immoral things..... all the while claiming themselves that which is moral and good. If you were one of the people who jumps on the bandwagon with them.... you are also immoral. "I did not know it was a lie".... is not an excuse, it does not absolve you of your immorality.

It is always the same people, over and over..... time and time again who hop on the bandwagon of hate.
You believe yourself good....as you repeat lies you desperately want to be true..... and no matter how many times the people you look to for guidance feed you lies.... you do not abandon them and instead eagerly wait for the next lie.

You are immoral........ you have allowed your soul to be poisoned... slowly... unnoticeable to you..... but obvious to others.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

MAGA caps were never part of the story, only Smollett being told, "this is MAGA country. "

Let's try and be as accurate as possible and not add details that aren't there.

Well excuse me... I'm not following this as close as it seems you are. Seems you need to comment on a simple line and nothing about my actual post...

BTW who in Chicago would ever say "this is MAGA country"..geez... I'm sure Smollett must have been wearing a GBLM hat for them to focus on...

GBLM = Gay Black Liberal Man

Wait.....

I thought Chicago was Obama country????

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

your first paragraph is confusing to me, because i havnt heard anyone doubt that the rope (string?) was around his neck, tied or draped. they have had footage of that for days.

Also, when people say “he refused to hand over his phone,” the implication is that he refused to hand over the information/records his phone contains, that might be useful to investigators. but I just heard on NBC that “smolette refused to let authorities examine his phone”. and the title for that video is “ Jussie Smollette refuses to hand over cell phone”.
edit on 1-2-2019 by SamWells because: alteration.

edit on 1-2-2019 by SamWells because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
TMZ just released this, it cleared up some confusion for me.

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

He walked in with a broken rib? Nope....ever break a rib? and now it was an envelope with 'white powder' in it. This is like a bad Chappelle episode. LOL. When keeping it real goes wrong.

Pain is pretty subjective though, especially when adrenaline is involved (happens with normal breaks - if there really was some form of altercation that could also be a cause, but I still think the main story is bull).

Give me a paper cut and I'm moaning to high heaven, I've completely shattered and dislocated arms/shoulders had a bleed on the brain and just got up went to work them walked to hospital and had a to go a week without even paracetamol after having seizures for two weeks with a shattered arm/ribs. It's just mind over matter.

I wouldn't even bother for a broken rib as it's not as if they can do anything, just stick some tape on it and sit in a comfy chair for a week.

Powder could be odd though.

My Dad's had several spinal discs removed/replaced and he only takes paracetamol after and walks in and out of the hospital for his spinal ops the same day and walks 10 miles a day or so.
edit on 1-2-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

ETA: On refelction - the way he's milking the attention and willing to stand around for nearly an hour waiting for police in the middle of the night after being 'attacked'; I have to agree - can't see someone like that not grabbing an ambulance and wheelchair and screaming bloody murder rather than just getting on with it.
edit on 1-2-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Pain is subjective. I have a very high pain tolerance also so I understand. However. Have you ever broken a rib? I have. I was out of anything physical for about 6 weeks. You can walk, it sucks to sleep but I dare you to raise an arm. It is something that takes months to allow the pain to go away in most people. He would not have been able to walk 'blocks' in the cold with a broken rib. Why would he? If he is so famous why no Uber? Too cold? Why not provide phone records? Where is the picture with the noose around his neck. It would have been the FIRST thing I did if I was him.

Nah. This story is bull# and that sucks because there are real hate crimes in America everyday. Who is attacked the most?
Jewish people which make up the smallest fraction of our population.
edit on Febpm28pmf0000002019-02-01T12:22:57-06:001257 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells
TMZ just released this, it cleared up some confusion for me.

www.google.com...

Lol, he kept the rope around his neck for 45 minutes until the police arrived to 'preserve the evidence'.. bwahahahahahaha.
He didn't hand over his phone to the police, instead he wants to 'gather the evidence' himself and then send it to the police later. Er, yeah, right.

What a liar.
edit on 1/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SamWells

wow

The sources say he kept it there to "preserve the evidence."

really?
really?

this is just bizarre

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, the other thing that makes this story suspect is that Jussie has shown he has TDS with his past social media posts.

He is clearly trying to build buzz for his career / show ratings.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

When did the phrase "preserve the evidence" transform into meaning "appeal to emotion to push a narrative"?

If he wanted to truly "preserve the evidence" he would have taken a selfie, showing his wounds and rope around the neck, and expression on his face immediately after the attack when he was safe. That way, the EXIF photo data would also preserve his exact time and location where the photo was taken.

More smoke and mirrors from Mr Hollywood I see.....

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

agreed, jussie and his manager are lying. im waiting for the FOIA requests for the camera footage that shows jussie’s walk to and from subway. i want to see all of that footage.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
BTW, Jussie has a musical album coming out March 1st, if anyone feels bad about him being a victim of homophobia and racism.

Dont even think about it guys, there is no way he did this to boost album sales!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

he couldnt take the noose off and set it on the table? lol

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Did I hear it right? Now they're saying Smollett had an "unknown substance" poured on him? Are they backing off saying it was bleach?

Also, TMZ is claiming that Smollett's neighbor (who of course wants to keep her name a secret) says she saw two rednecks hanging around outside Smollett's house around midnight. Amusingly, the description this person gives doesn't match Smollett's description in the slightest (IIRC, she described them wearing plaid shirts and blue jackets).

I'm going to step up and accuse TMZ of false reporting. I bet nobody said anything about MAGA, but they made that up and then pressured Smollett into retroactively claiming it happened. I bet there isn't any neighbor who was walking her dog at midnight. TMZ fabricated the incident, and made up a description that sounded good to them, but were too lazy to make sure their description tallied with the two figures the police are actually looking for. And because TMZ is in Southern California, they didn't realize how absurd it is to think that these guys were hanging around outside for 2 hours, in weather so cold that unexposed skin would get frostbitten with minutes.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells

agreed, jussie and his manager are lying. im waiting for the FOIA requests for the camera footage that shows jussie’s walk to and from subway. i want to see all of that footage.

Seriously, talking to his manager at 2am really does lend itself more towards discussing how to set this all up to ensure national attention. Why else would he refuse allowing police access to his phone.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join