It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
ah yes my completely unbiased mind immediately wanted to think this was a hoax too

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePawnsTheory

after reading another person’s post on a different site, im wondering how we can substantiate the broken/fractured/bruised rib of Jussie? are medical records available to the public? or did jussie and his manager have to give that info out? and can that info be verified?

edit on 31-1-2019 by SamWells because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
AHAHAHA twitter thread is on point

"They wont get away with this"

pbs.twimg.com...

that is interesting

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
yeah this kind of thing has never happened to black men lol. to be fair though it does seem fishy. seems like a grinder date gone wrong

i see what you did there!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

I'm sure this comment is going to be nitpicked--and probably rightfully so.....But Trump supporters are getting mob style attacked. # some ANTIFA douches attacked Latino Military guys and then hurled ethnic slurs at them.

Trump and the right are not the ones telling people in a public forum to get out and confront Trump supporters at every turn. When a Trump supporter says they were beaten by unknown assailants they left rushes to make excuses for how getting beaten up in public for a article of clothing is understandable because racism and sexism. When someone from the left claims to have been attacked---the media is already calling it a hate crime. If a minority or a LGBTQ person is attacked every group come out of the woodwork to condemn the attack. To spew rhetoric about the
"opposition". Forgetting the covington incident because I'm not willing to firmly plant myself on one side---you have the Muslim girl in CA who said she was attacked by white men in a parking garage where they took her head gear off and shouted slurs at her ADMIT she made it up because of her overly strict father and her breaking some silly rule. You had a lesbian in the midwest fake a hate attack where she carved things into her own body. There was the black man at the ivy league school who to avoid trouble put racist graffiti on his dorm walls and it drew national outrage because hey---rich white kids right? Before he admitted he did it to avoid trouble. Every time--the rush to condemn the right. The rush to blame a individual for influencing the actions of others. The days of people pontificating about how this is what racism or sexism or islamaphobia looks like.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Smollet's story starting to fall apart...

He apparently won't give police access to his phone. He also was supposedly on the phone with his manager during the attack, but police have no way to verify without his phone. The surveillance video in the condo building is showing him walking past security AFTER the attack and not asking for any assistance. If you just allegedly got your ass beat by two racists and a noose put around your neck, why would you not engage your building's doorman/security?

Smollet's Story Falling Apart

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

He wouldn't have made this up would he?
Hmm..
Is filing a false police report a crime in chicago?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

He wouldn't have made this up would he?
Hmm..
Is filing a false police report a crime in chicago?

I continue to stand by my prediction that this story will collapse and the truth is Smollet got his butt kicked by a gay prostitute or some drug buy gone bad. He made up the story to cover up the embarrassing situation as he needed medical attention.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
a reply to: JimD350

I'm sure this comment is going to be nitpicked--and probably rightfully so.....But Trump supporters are getting mob style attacked. # some ANTIFA douches attacked Latino Military guys and then hurled ethnic slurs at them.

Trump and the right are not the ones telling people in a public forum to get out and confront Trump supporters at every turn. When a Trump supporter says they were beaten by unknown assailants they left rushes to make excuses for how getting beaten up in public for a article of clothing is understandable because racism and sexism. When someone from the left claims to have been attacked---the media is already calling it a hate crime. If a minority or a LGBTQ person is attacked every group come out of the woodwork to condemn the attack. To spew rhetoric about the
"opposition". Forgetting the covington incident because I'm not willing to firmly plant myself on one side---you have the Muslim girl in CA who said she was attacked by white men in a parking garage where they took her head gear off and shouted slurs at her ADMIT she made it up because of her overly strict father and her breaking some silly rule. You had a lesbian in the midwest fake a hate attack where she carved things into her own body. There was the black man at the ivy league school who to avoid trouble put racist graffiti on his dorm walls and it drew national outrage because hey---rich white kids right? Before he admitted he did it to avoid trouble. Every time--the rush to condemn the right. The rush to blame a individual for influencing the actions of others. The days of people pontificating about how this is what racism or sexism or islamaphobia looks like.

Make it your crusade.

Honestly, someone appears to have been beaten. There is a police report, video and photos of suspects and he has visible injury to his face and a cracked rib for which he was treated in hospital.

Yet everyone is visualizing it as some sort of left/right political thing and denying it, as if it was, actually, unlikely.

Imagine for a moment if another person, ignoring their skin tone or acting prowess, alleged that they had been beaten up by some other guys, and that they had verifiable injuries, and had reported to the police within minutes of the attack, no doubt with the evidence of smelling of bleach and with injuries and some rope around their neck (left there by the assailants), and the police took it seriously, and the hospital treated the injuries, and there was video of suspects. Would you immediately conclude that it was a hoaxed attack?

Is it likely that even the poorest grade of actor on a nationally syndicated TV show might be recognized by people unlikely to watch the show (perhaps from advertisements?). It definitely seems that many of the ATS commenters, who have jumped to the conclusion that it is a hoax, seem to know who he is.

And yeah, people still commit crimes of violence when it is cold and in the early morning. It's not that remarkable or unlikely.

Here's a strong possibility, all the posters who jumped to the conclusion that it was a racialpoliticallly motivated hoax, are simply bigots who are clearly racially/politically motivated.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I continue to stand by my prediction that this story will collapse and the truth is Smollet got his butt kicked by a gay prostitute or some drug buy gone bad. He made up the story to cover up the embarrassing situation as he needed medical attention.

Is it unusual in Chicago for a victim to not comply with a police investigation?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Smollet's story starting to fall apart...

He apparently won't give police access to his phone. He also was supposedly on the phone with his manager during the attack, but police have no way to verify without his phone. The surveillance video in the condo building is showing him walking past security AFTER the attack and not asking for any assistance. If you just allegedly got your ass beat by two racists and a noose put around your neck, why would you not engage your building's doorman/security?

Smollet's Story Falling Apart

Why does the linked opinion piece have the text "CAST YOUR VOTE: Do You Still Trust President Trump?" after it? Could the article linked, be politically motivated?

Also, can you afford to give away your phone? After all, he's an actor and his livelihood probably hangs on getting calls from his agent.

edit on 31/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

actually, the newest reports (i.e. The New York times article published today) arent even including the “broken ribs”, in their story. just scratches on his face. medical records in the united states are strictly private, so any medical info must be comming straight from Jussie’s mouth or his manager.

here is a theory, maybe you are a bigot, and in your zealousness to call others “racists” and “bigots”, you can’t see that you have hate in your heart for certain people.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Is it unusual in Chicago for a victim to not comply with a police investigation?

Only people who don't comply with a police investigation are those who live in the hood or doing dirt and don't want to be viewed as a snitch.

For the average civilian, if they get their ass beat and are claiming it was racial motivation, why would they not comply with the police investigation?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells

actually, the newest reports (i.e. The New York times article published today) arent even including the “broken ribs”, in their story. just scratches on his face. medical records in the united states are strictly private, so any medical info must be comming straight from Jussie’s mouth or his manager.

here is a theory, maybe you are a bigot, and in your zealousness to call others “racists” and “bigots”, you can’t see that you have hate in your heart for certain people.

Yes, I must be bigoted. It's the only thing that fits your narrative.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Ok, let's bypass Gateway Pundit for a moment and go to the source of their article:

Detectives used time code from two different cameras to piece together Smollett's movements when he was near them. On one camera they are seated at a bench. The other camera shows Smollett across the street.

Rob Elgas Twitter

Police say both Smollett and the "persons of interest" walk out of frame (on different cameras). Smollett would reappear on a different camera about a minute later. So basically for about 60 seconds Smollett is not on surveillance camera.

Rob Elgas Twitter

Let me clarify. On one camera the "persons of interest" are seated at a bench. ACROSS the same street, Smollett is seen walking. Smollett is recorded on that different camera walking. The "persons of interest" are also seen walking, but on the other side of the same street.

Rob Eglas Twitter

The next time Smollett is seen on surveillance camera, he is entering a condo building. Police say he now has a rope around his neck and is "wearing it like a neck tie". About a minute (maybe less) has passed since he was seen on video.

Rob Eglas twitter

Smollett, according to investigators, walks in to the building, walks by building security and gets on an elevator. This video is better quality according to detectives. And what appears to be road salt is on his sweatshirt.

Rob Eglas Twitter

So we have these persons of interest who are on the other side of the street, who are never seen on the same side of the street as Smollett, and Smollett all off camera for around or under 60 seconds. It is allegedly during the time frame that Smollett is off camera in which the 'attack' takes place and Smollett does not say anything to the security guard at his apartment complex.

He is said to have been on the phone with his manager at the time the attack took place and will not allow the police to verify this. Verification of a phone call does not require Smollett to completely surrender his phone, all it would take is for them to just check his call log; something that would take less than a minute and yet Smollett does not wish to assist in the investigation by allowing the police to verify the conversation with his manager.

Things are not adding up here.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Dont want to respond to this part of my argument?
“Smollett was taken to a hospital for lacerations on his face and neck, and was treated and released.”. The New York Times

Also, your narrative from the begining was that racist and bigots were inventing this hoax idea. and now you just posted a comment saying we are bigots for not buying the media’s narrative. this whole site was created for conspiracy minded individuals. so does it surprise you that we have a conspiracy about this? but yet you call us bigots and its ok? and then you laugh it off when the word misses and comes back to you? You are either a troll or a bigot or both.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Only people who don't comply with a police investigation are those who live in the hood or doing dirt and don't want to be viewed as a snitch.

For the average civilian, if they get their ass beat and are claiming it was racial motivation, why would they not comply with the police investigation?

I agree the average civilian would assist law enforcement as much as possible to help solve a crime they were a victim of. As you are nearby, and not on the otherside of the globe, I was wondering if there were anything locally being overlooked.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

im nearby chicago, this thread is doing a damn good job keeping up on the latest info. if you have read the information in the thread you know as much as any civilian here

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
ohh come on the state of Florida takes the #1 spot?? Just because a city commissioner is reprimanded for licking the faces of her co-workers does not mean we are the number #1 spot for crazy.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
TMZ upping the ante again...this article is classic.

Link

This is classic. So now a 'neighbor' who walked her dog 2 hours before the attack says this.

A woman who lives in Jussie Smollett's apartment building told cops she saw a suspicious man -- whom she said looked like a "redneck" -- loitering just outside the entrance to the building an hour and a half before Jussie says he was attacked.

Looked like a redneck? Really? It gets better.

The woman -- who asked us not to use her name -- tells TMZ, she walked out of the building at 12:30 AM Tuesday to take her dogs out and saw the man near the door, pacing between the parking garage and entrance, looking agitated and smoking a cigarette.

She says, "He looked out of place." He was a white man with scruff on his face wearing a blue winter beanie, a blue zip-up sweatshirt with a hood and blue jeans that were too short, exposing "thick, grey hunting socks" with camel-colored dress shoes. She says she noticed what looked like a rope, or a clothesline, protruding from the bottom of his sweatshirt, made of white and blue material. She says he was staring at another man about 300 feet away, who was standing near another entrance to the building. She says she got "creeped out" by the man, and after 5 minutes she retreated back into the building.

So the woman saw an out of place redneck with high water jeans and grey hunting socks. Wearing a sweatshirt...when it is about 5 degrees outside. So creeped out she went to bed.

This is some sad # right here....

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join