It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Edumakated
There is just so much wrong with this story I don't even know where to begin. I think the real story is that he might have gotten caught up in a drug buy gone wrong or maybe gay prostitute and needed some cover for his injuries.

For sure, there's a real story that Smollett doesn't want to admit to. It's such a totally "Hollywood" incident with the cardboard-cutout stereotype attackers and the letter with the clipped-out words. It doesn't even remotely sound like something that would happen in the real world.

Also, let's be real for a moment: How many white supremacists do you think watch Empire?

These kinds of people don't think ahead. That thought never would have crossed his mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: chr0naut

They don't call Chicago the windy city for nothing. Unless they had a rope to tie down a baseball cap down over the top of their ski masks...those caps would be flying into lake Michigan.

Wait! Is it possible you are saying that is why someone had a noose handy at 2 am?

There was no mention of them wearing baseball caps. Just because they allegedly said "This is MAGA country" does not mean that they were wearing baseball caps that proclaimed 'Make America Great Again'.

Is it not plausible it was a couple of "men of color" that did this to him in an attempt to paint MAGA as more racist? After all, they wore face coverings and gloves, and there was no mention of their skin color from the victim (as I understand it). It very well could be a real beating incident to him, but actually be a false flag in reality (unbeknownst to him).

It is plausible, is it not?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Firstly, the cold weather only began today. When the attack happened the overnight temp was 7 degrees.

which is it?

I am not entirely sure of what you mean by your question, however:

When the attack happened it was not -15 degrees as someone proposed.

The overnight temperature in Chicago, on the night in question, was 7 degrees, according to online weather reports.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Just checked accu weather chicago monthly forcast for the early morning in question it was -5 F real temp with wind chills making it -15 F degrees. Trust me that is cold. The actor must have been bundled up quite well to be out walking longer than 15 minutes and same with his supposed attackers!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Firstly, the cold weather only began today. When the attack happened the overnight temp was 7 degrees.

which is it?

The overnight temperature in Chicago, on the night in question, was 7 degrees, according to online weather reports.

Just checked accu weather chicago monthly forcast for the early morning in question it was -5 F real temp with wind chills making it -15 F degrees. Trust me that is cold. The actor must have been bundled up quite well to be out walking longer than 15 minutes and same with his supposed attackers!

Good luck getting a response.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

They don't call Chicago the windy city for nothing. Unless they had a rope to tie down a baseball cap down over the top of their ski masks...those caps would be flying into lake Michigan.

Wait! Is it possible you are saying that is why someone had a noose handy at 2 am?

There was no mention of them wearing baseball caps. Just because they allegedly said "This is MAGA country" does not mean that they were wearing baseball caps that proclaimed 'Make America Great Again'.

Is it not plausible it was a couple of "men of color" that did this to him in an attempt to paint MAGA as more racist? After all, they wore face coverings and gloves, and there was no mention of their skin color from the victim (as I understand it). It very well could be a real beating incident to him, but actually be a false flag in reality (unbeknownst to him).

It's not uncommon for blacks to call each other the n-word. It might simply be a homophobic attack by a couple of African-Americans. Smollett didn't "remember" the MAGA comment until the next day. Plenty of time to have called his peeps and decided on what their story was going to be.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Not sure about the hoax angle.

Just a little north of Chicago is a place very known for white supremacists.
Even when it is cold, people are still out getting food, getting groceries, going to bars etc.

I was in the Chicago area at Home Depot. Just little ol' me buying some home fixin stuff. A random man yelled at me to go back across the border.

Little did he know my family has been here since the 1600's, our name is in the Smithsonian as a founding family, and we even have a park named after us, and that I am part Iroquois, basically it pretty much doesn't
get more American than me.

The guy just saw my dark hair and incorrectly assumed I was hispanic. I don't look hispanic at all by the way. This just goes to show, this stuff does happen. Luckily my husband was there and this dude got to see the one time in my husband life where he almost morphed into wolverine. Seriously, my husbands voice and eyes changed and he yelled at the guy and the guy and his wife took off.

I don't doubt hoaxes are done for political reasons, but I do know for a fact there are some racists (that do random things) in the Chicago area. I've experienced it first hand.

Just curious if the person that yelled could have meant the state border?
(WI and IL folk don’t always see eye to eye!)
I lived in Chi-town for 15 years, working in restaurants and I am often mistaken to be hispanic.
I travel to and thru IL several times every a week, and haven’t had any incidents.
Quite often people begin a conversation with me in spanish (which I speak), but it’s usually my WI license plate that I’m judged by.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I mean, it is not like people make things up about Trump Supporters. Remember this gem?

Link

For this story, sorry, I do not care what color you are if you are 'attacked' with a noose around your neck and you WANTED to catch who did it why would you not go to the local hospital to get checked out? He declined and only went later. Probably when he sobered up maybe? He did not even call the cops someone else did that conflicting stories said witnessed it.

Could he have been robbed? Yes. Could he be lying about it all? Yes. That is all we know for sure.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It really does seem like a d list actor attempting to get noticed nationally. Since the 15 minutes of fame come and go so quickly...those seeking it really don't realize how ineffective this practice really is. The media captures these episodes...yet rarely share how disastrous outcomes result. They are grasping onto the next one!

Perhaps one day the media will follow up and report the truth and others will not be tempted to take such foolhardy approaches. Aaugh...who am I fooling...the media continues on since all they care about is the newest story angle of chaos. Responsible reporting doesn't create the next news story!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Plausible... that scenario reminds me of the one in TX a few weeks ago where a little seven year old black girl was killed in a car. Allegedly, some white guy driving a pick up truck shot up a car and killed the girl. The event started going viral and all the usual racist claims. A week or so later, it comes out that the perpetrators were actually two black diddindunuffins thinking they were shooting at someone they had beef with at a night club.

Of course, if you search "girl shot in tx" articles for the original event come up but it takes the 2nd page before you get to articles mentioning the suspects arrested and were black.

I might could see maybe Jussie got jumped by some local thugs and they said MAGA country trying to be funny. Knowing the area though, it seems like a stretch as that isn't where you'd typically find stereotypical Chicago hood rats. This scenario is far more plausible than the one being presented currently though.

The thing that I am not buying is the noose... that to me is the dead giveaway of this being a hoax. Who randomly walks around with a noose at 2am in Chicago?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells

originally posted by: SamWells

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Would the criminally insane, patrol around late at night and do and say random violent stuff like that?

No, not at all, that's crazy talk.

At 2am, in -15 weather. the criminally insane arent patrolling anything.

Second, are you expecting the insane to act rationally?

1. It was 7 degrees ok? Still cold, but not impossibly cold.

2. Who said the attack was perpetrated by an insane person? Do you have any evidence?

1. The cold temperatures may explain why no one thought the ski masks were out of place, perhaps?

2. Sane people don't attack people with bleach, but I was being a little facetious. To jump to the conclusion that such an attack is a hoax, in the weird world of 21st century America, seems more far fetched than that it was genuinely a hate crime. Especially with the FBI releasing figures in November last year that indicate a 17% increase in hate crimes during 2017. It happens.

Hardly anyone walks around in ski masks in public... it would be out of place. It is -25 here right now. I was out and about and didn't see one ski mask.

The attack has hoax written all over it as it is just too over the top. This is called deductive reasoning. Common sense. Do racial attacks happen? Yes... and they are rare and usually aren't so brazen. However, the claim that two guys wearing MAGA hats beats up a D list actor most people wouldn't recognize in public who stars on a show largely watched by black folks and then throwing a noose around his neck in a wealthy downtown neighborhood in Chicago is a bit over the top.

What typically happens in these situations is that the victim either is the one who is mentally unstable and is trying to get some clout by claiming a false attack OR they are using the attack as cover for something else they didn't want to come out.

As I stated earlier, I am going on record that Jussie was involved in a lover's spat or drug buy of some sort. Whatever it is, it is embarrassing. However, his injuries required him to seek medical attention and so he made up the story as cover.

If I am wrong, I will more than happily admit it.

The Mayor of Chicago just publicly called for people to wear balaclavas (ski masks) when going outside due to the dangerously low temperatures.

There was no claim that the assailants were wearing MAGA hats. The claim was that they said "This is MAGA country".

The claim also was that the assailants recognized their victim and said so. People who have no fame at all are still victims of hate crimes. Your suggestion that he would not be target of a hate crime because he was a D list actor, is unreasonable.

But it truly could be a hoax. I was questioning the psychology and motivation of those who immediately make that assumption.

Jussie ain't that famous. What are the odds that two random white guys, who also happened to be racist, would even know who he is in the heat of the moment of beating his ass? Not too mention him being bundled up, w/o TV make up, etc. The odds are slim to none. Jussie is a D list actor on a ghetto ass show about a R&B / Hip Hop label.... I highly doubt he is well known to anyone outside of that core demographic which isn't white guys who are likely to yell MAGA whatever.

I'm reminded of the OJ Simpson murder trial. OJ insisted the cops were trying to frame him. My response to this was, "Seriously? You think a couple of cops are going to risk their careers, and possibly their freedom, to frame OJ Simpson, a washed-up football player best known for a minor roll in the Naked Gun movies?"

This is basically the same situation. Smollett is simply not someone who a couple of random white racists would even recognize, let alone care about.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Did he actually get hurt? Seems he went to the Hospital and was shortly released doesn't sound like " brutally beaten". How does he know they were white with ski masks on, -15 chill factor at 2:00AM at night? Finally, who brings a bottle of bleach to a gun fight...White racist walking around in a black city that had 3000 people shot last years...lol

edit on 30-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I don't know if you're in the US or not, but 7 degrees F is really cold. It's way below freezing. I was outside last night in 5F weather, and the cold was like a slap in the face. Especially when there was a gust of wind.

I am not denying that it was cold.

I was actually suggesting that there may be a reason no-one was particularly spooked by two guys wearing ski masks, because it was cold.

But it wasn't -15 degrees.

Besides, you outside last night in 5F weather? There's post after post suggesting that people don't go out at night when it's cold.

edit on 30/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Smollett is simply not someone who a couple of random white racists would even recognize, let alone care about.

White Racist 1: Dude I think that is Jussie Smollett

White Racist 2: Jussie Smollett from Empire?

White Racist 1: Ya, I just love that show

White Racist 2: I agree, and Jussie is so hot in it....

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

which is it?

Chicago-Midway, IL, 28 January 2019 - Weather Underground
edit on 30/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You forgot to add ' he's got a pretty little mouth...."

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Chicago-Midway, IL, 28 January 2019 - Weather Underground

Was it 2 AM on the 28th Monday or 2 AM on the 29th Tuesday? Tuesday it was a wind chill of -15.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

You forgot to add ' he's got a pretty little mouth...."

Damn that is racist... The race of red necks will hunt you down.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This story has a bad smell to it, just not buying it. Empire has very suggestive liberal undertones, so it doesn't surprise me considering the source.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

From what I just read, chicago has one of the most advanced surveillance systems in the world. They probably have almost every footstep jussie took from his apartment to subway and back. Some people are going to look really silly when the truth finally shakes out, maybe i will be one of those people. You can quote me on this, Jussie is a liar.
edit on 30-1-2019 by SamWells because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Then where the he'll did the noose come from? Did Jussie find it on the ground? Kind of a specific hate symbol to be used against a black man.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join