It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
He just forgot to mention to the police that they were screaming "MAGA country"? Detail just slipped his mind when describing the event to police, but he remembered for the media? Oooookay...

But hey, it lets the talking heads all say "racist, homophobic" and "MAGA" together in the same sentence , so who cares if it's true?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Wayfarer

Ok
Maybe he was listening to some Patsy Cline
And felt compelled to go out

The police have also confirmed that he doesn't listen to Patsy Cline.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Gosh, white in a white place here, best wishes, sounds awful for some people, I don't know anyone who displays racism in front of me...and I haven't seen an act of racism in real life for decades. It may be almost totally white here but attacking someone like a bigot is frowned upon here by the community. Kind've human thing, skin colour changes nothing to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

They don't call Chicago the windy city for nothing. Unless they had a rope to tie down a baseball cap down over the top of their ski masks...those caps would be flying into lake Michigan.

Wait! Is it possible you are saying that is why someone had a noose handy at 2 am?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
doesn't bleach start to freeze at around 19 degrees? how cold was it in Chicago when this was supposed to happen seems it was minus 20 ? and any description of the Noose,like we talking wildwest hanging rope or improvised noose like clothesline or like random rope? sure some people could blend in in the cold wearing ski masks but carrying a noose in Chicago guess it could have been hidden in a back pack or something or is he saying they beat him took the time to make a noose and then he left it on for over 45 minutes after the alleged attack?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So, he was still wearing the "noose" around his neck 45 minutes later when the police arrived to take his statement, yet he asked them to turn off their body cams? WTF for? Seriously?!?!

I think, maybe, there were some shenanigans occuring.

It's failing the smell test...a lot.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj
I don't know who the famous person is but this has been a funny read. I could never be famous, too many skeletons in my closet, I would be buried by the media.
I would not wish to be famous though.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: SamWells

originally posted by: SamWells

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Would the criminally insane, patrol around late at night and do and say random violent stuff like that?

No, not at all, that's crazy talk.

At 2am, in -15 weather. the criminally insane arent patrolling anything.

Firstly, the cold weather only began today. When the attack happened the overnight temp was 7 degrees.

Second, are you expecting the insane to act rationally?

1. It was 7 degrees ok? Still cold, but not impossibly cold.

2. Who said the attack was perpetrated by an insane person? Do you have any evidence?

1. The cold temperatures may explain why no one thought the ski masks were out of place, perhaps?

2. Sane people don't attack people with bleach, but I was being a little facetious. To jump to the conclusion that such an attack is a hoax, in the weird world of 21st century America, seems more far fetched than that it was genuinely a hate crime. Especially with the FBI releasing figures in November last year that indicate a 17% increase in hate crimes during 2017. It happens.

Hardly anyone walks around in ski masks in public... it would be out of place. It is -25 here right now. I was out and about and didn't see one ski mask.

The attack has hoax written all over it as it is just too over the top. This is called deductive reasoning. Common sense. Do racial attacks happen? Yes... and they are rare and usually aren't so brazen. However, the claim that two guys wearing MAGA hats beats up a D list actor most people wouldn't recognize in public who stars on a show largely watched by black folks and then throwing a noose around his neck in a wealthy downtown neighborhood in Chicago is a bit over the top.

What typically happens in these situations is that the victim either is the one who is mentally unstable and is trying to get some clout by claiming a false attack OR they are using the attack as cover for something else they didn't want to come out.

As I stated earlier, I am going on record that Jussie was involved in a lover's spat or drug buy of some sort. Whatever it is, it is embarrassing. However, his injuries required him to seek medical attention and so he made up the story as cover.

If I am wrong, I will more than happily admit it.

The Mayor of Chicago just publicly called for people to wear balaclavas (ski masks) when going outside due to the dangerously low temperatures.

There was no claim that the assailants were wearing MAGA hats. The claim was that they said "This is MAGA country".

The claim also was that the assailants recognized their victim and said so. People who have no fame at all are still victims of hate crimes. Your suggestion that he would not be target of a hate crime because he was a D list actor, is unreasonable.

But it truly could be a hoax. I was questioning the psychology and motivation of those who immediately make that assumption.

Jussie ain't that famous. What are the odds that two random white guys, who also happened to be racist, would even know who he is in the heat of the moment of beating his ass? Not too mention him being bundled up, w/o TV make up, etc. The odds are slim to none. Jussie is a D list actor on a ghetto ass show about a R&B / Hip Hop label.... I highly doubt he is well known to anyone outside of that core demographic which isn't white guys who are likely to yell MAGA whatever.

There is no psychology or motivation of why we question if it is a hoax. It is called common sense. Looking at the situation as presented and simply saying it doesn't add up. Street smarts...

Like I said, if definitive evidence comes out showing the story is true, I will more than happily eat crow. However, I am not going to hold my breath...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SarahConnor
a reply to: Jonjonj
I don't know who the famous person is but this has been a funny read. I could never be famous, too many skeletons in my closet, I would be buried by the media.
I would not wish to be famous though.

You know the funny thing is that everybody has regrets but once you hit the high spots they are magnified beyond redemption, or buried beyond recall.

All on the whim of whoever is calling the shots.

We really should shame the bastards who propogate the lies as the puppetmasters are beyond reach.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 30-1-2019 by Jonjonj because: Dbl

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Firstly, the cold weather only began today. When the attack happened the overnight temp was 7 degrees.

which is it?

I am not entirely sure of what you mean by your question, however:

When the attack happened it was not -15 degrees as someone proposed.

The overnight temperature in Chicago, on the night in question, was 7 degrees, according to online weather reports.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I don't know if you're in the US or not, but 7 degrees F is really cold. It's way below freezing. I was outside last night in 5F weather, and the cold was like a slap in the face. Especially when there was a gust of wind.
edit on 30-1-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

However, it doesn't appear that Smollett himself made this claim in reporting the crime

The TMZ article may have been the first to report about the, "MAGA country," bit based upon a person close to Smollett, but Smollett himself did indeed append his original report:

From the same USA Today story in my prior post:

Sgt. Cindy Guerra confirmed to USA TODAY that Smollett said in a follow-up interview the next day that his alleged attackers yelled, "This is MAGA country."

So it seems as though it wasn't until the next day that Mr. Smollett recalled the, '"MAGA country," comment.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I don't know if you're in the US or not, but 7 degrees F is really cold. It's way below freezing. I was outside last night in 5F weather, and the cold was like a slap in the face. Especially when there was a gust of wind.

The user mistook C for F.

Not a surprise, must have felt like a slap in the face.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Covington race card didn't work, and now they try to pull off another hoax.

The MSM is lacking creativity.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

The user mistook C for F.

Not a surprise, must have felt like a slap in the face.

Yeah, 7F is roughly -13C.

So it is COLD.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

They don't call Chicago the windy city for nothing. Unless they had a rope to tie down a baseball cap down over the top of their ski masks...those caps would be flying into lake Michigan.

Wait! Is it possible you are saying that is why someone had a noose handy at 2 am?

There was no mention of them wearing baseball caps. Just because they allegedly said "This is MAGA country" does not mean that they were wearing baseball caps that proclaimed 'Make America Great Again'.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hasn't got above -1F since late Tuesday evening, it's sunny all day and now -5F with a bone chilling wind whipping in the Detroit Michigan area.

Luckily we got our snow before the cold snap hit otherwise salt wouldn't be melting it on the roads, everything is pretty dry to drive on.

Wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the damn wind. It saps the soul out of you when it hits you.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

www.chicagotribune.com... seems its gonna be -20 next few days and thats cold and i say that as some one who lives in montana

52-year-old man was seen walking around Thursday night in the city’s Little Village neighborhood. By Friday morning, he was found dead on the front porch of a home, according to Chicago police. Gregory Gardner, who was found in the 2500 block of South Ridgeway Avenue, was the 19th cold-related death since Oct. 30 in Cook County, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. Gardner, of the 3800 block of West Cermak Road, died from cold exposure and hypertensive atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. Last week, a 12-year-old girl’s death was tied to the cold weather in suburban Arlington Heights. She had been playing in the snow with a 9-year-old girl when the fort they had built collapsed on top of them. The girl, Esther Jung, of Elk Grove Village, died from asphyxia and hypothermia, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. These cold-related deaths come as Chicago-area residents prepare for even more dangerous temperatures this week. On Tuesday, temperatures were expected to range from about 4 degrees to about 21 below zero, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures on Wednesday will be even more severe, ranging from about minus 13 to minus 23 degrees. Little relief will come Thursday, when temperatures are expected to range from zero to 4 degrees below zero.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join