It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
In addition, a bottle was found with a bleach like substance by reporters in the are near the alleged attack. The police are investigating and testing it now. But, there is no chain of custody for where this came from at all. It is plausible the reporters are sympathetic to the victim and could have planted that bottle as "evidence" to support his story. Again, another strange aspect of this story that seems too convenient that the police didn't find this first....but a reporter found it?

Really??

Oh, that's rich. "Officer, please take this bottle full of bleach that we found, uh...... where did you say the attack occurred again? 'Cuz we found it there."

Assuming the New York Post reporter didn't set this up himself (which is probably the case), I'll bet it turns out the hot sauce bottle is full of.... hot sauce.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I wonder why the bleach had to be poured into another bottle? What was the thought process? Possible assailaint to self, “I am planing to commit a hate crime tonight with this bottle of bleach. But I better not used the whole bottle of bleach, that would be too hateful.”

This seems more like the results of someone on a bad acid trip, or a bad movie scrip than a hate crime.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
"The FRAUD, Jussie Smollet's phone records, rejected by police"

At least some MSM hasn't forgotten this umm...'case'.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

No to mention, the hot sauce bottle was found two weeks after the attack. ANYONE could have put it there.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SamWells

And what do they mean by "bleach-like"?

Was it bleach or not?

It is rather distinct in it's properties, so to me it interprets as "not bleach" when they add "-like" to it.

Feels so much like we're being played, but since I'm a benefit-of-the-doubt guy I'll simply cross my fingers that justice is achieved.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes! I thought about posting that but didn't. So according to HRC's logic these guys just had a bottle of hot sauce laying around because all black people carry some hot sauce. In a rush to make a bull# story they decided that use the only disposable thing they were carrying...hot sauce. Or maybe this shows it was a black man who committed the crime since only black people carry hot sauce according to HRC. I'm so confused....

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
and now he is a tough guy....another story change...this is from a Good Morning America interview...

Smollett told GMA that the alleged attack began with a nasty comment from one person who accosted him on the street. He heard someone yell, “Empire” and then “f****** Empire n*****.” He replied, he now says,“What the f*** did you just say to me?” The man added,“This MAGA country, n*****,” then punched him in the face. He says he fought with the attacker, and as the two “tussled” he became aware that a second assailant was present, kicking his back.

He had to wait 40 minutes because he was high.

His excuse for not handing over the phone...

As for why Smollett refused to turn his phone over to police (he did turn over heavily redacted phone records), he said, “They wanted me to give my phone to the tech for three to four hours. I’m sorry but — I’m not gonna do that. Because I have private pictures and videos and numbers: my partner’s number, my family’s number, my castmate’s number, my friends’ numbers, my private emails, my private songs, my private voice memos.

If you were a victim of an attack where they put a rope around your neck would you worry about what is on your phone unless there is data and pictures that could contradict your story.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
and now he is a tough guy....another story change...this is from a Good Morning America interview...

Smollett told GMA that the alleged attack began with a nasty comment from one person who accosted him on the street. He heard someone yell, “Empire” and then “f****** Empire n*****.” He replied, he now says,“What the f*** did you just say to me?” The man added,“This MAGA country, n*****,” then punched him in the face. He says he fought with the attacker, and as the two “tussled” he became aware that a second assailant was present, kicking his back.

He had to wait 40 minutes because he was high.

His excuse for not handing over the phone...

As for why Smollett refused to turn his phone over to police (he did turn over heavily redacted phone records), he said, “They wanted me to give my phone to the tech for three to four hours. I’m sorry but — I’m not gonna do that. Because I have private pictures and videos and numbers: my partner’s number, my family’s number, my castmate’s number, my friends’ numbers, my private emails, my private songs, my private voice memos.

If you were a victim of an attack where they put a rope around your neck would you worry about what is on your phone unless there is data and pictures that could contradict your story.

So I suppose he told all of that verbatim to the Police as well? This seems to be new info.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Police are questioning two Nigerian men who have been extras on the tv show. They raided their home last night and asked the homeowner if they know Jussie. They collected bags of evidence.

Police are doing a great job getting to the facts of this Hoax. Can't wait till Jussie is charged for lying and false report.

harlie De Mar ‏ Verified account @CharlieDeMar Follow Follow
@CharlieDeMar More

BREAKING Police raided the home of two persons of interest in Jussie Smollett case last night. Both men are of Nigerian decent and have appeared as extras on the show. Police took bleach, shoes electronics and more.Officers asked family if they knew

twitter.com...

edit on 14-2-2019 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

Chicago news now reporting Jussie Smollet staged the attack after being told he was written off hit show Empire with help of two others.

abc7chicago.com...

Great job by the police!
edit on 14-2-2019 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ru'oh... ABC onboard now

abc7chicago.com...

edit on 14-2-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
haha good call Andy (op)

idiots starting new threads this topic

surprise surprise

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

will they delete the new threads? and bump this one back to the front?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Latest Update: I just heard on Fox's The Ingraham Angle that the two Nigerians detained by the CPD have been released. I cannot find it in a new source anywhere yet. But will update this post when I do.

Two men arrested in connection with an alleged attack on "Empire" star Jussie Smollett have been released without being charged due to new evidence from interrogations on Friday, Chicago police said.

source

edit on 2/15/2019 by Krakatoa because: added source article

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The news came shortly after 10 p.m. ET in a Twitter message from Tom Ahern, deputy director of news affairs and communications for the police department. “Due to new evidence as a result of today's interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the #Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete,” Ahern wrote

source

Methinks that noose is getting tighter around ole Smolley's neck. And this one is not that easy to remove.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells
a reply to: ElGoobero

will they delete the new threads? and bump this one back to the front?

I wish! It hurts everyone when multiple threads are created on the same subject. Yesterday, there were 4...yes, FOUR threads on the "National Emergency" subject. Ridiculous!
edit on 2/15/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

The news came shortly after 10 p.m. ET in a Twitter message from Tom Ahern, deputy director of news affairs and communications for the police department. “Due to new evidence as a result of today's interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the #Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete,” Ahern wrote

source

Methinks that noose is getting tighter around ole Smolley's neck. And this one is not that easy to remove.

Latest scuttlebutt is that Smollett has hired high profile Chicago defense attorney Michael Monico.
Rafer Weigel (Fox 32) Tweet

edit on 2/15/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This has now been picked up and listed in the USA fake hate crimes database

IMO, a bit early to make that declaration, as not all the facts are in. However, it does seem to be going in that direction now based upon the events of tonight.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

From that tweet:

High-profile #Chicago defense attorney Michael Monico let it be known he was representing #JussieSmollett on @RoeConn radio show today. Monico also represents #MichaelCohen. He's considered one of the best defense lawyers in the country.

As one of the respondents to that tweet says, "why would a victim need a defense lawyer?"

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

If there was any indication that I was being considered as potentially involved in a crime, I would consider a criminal defense lawyer.

Don't get me wrong, this story hasn't really added up since the beginning. I'm all over this thread saying that. But with all the rumours that he perpetrated a hoax, I'd hire one, too. Even if innocent.

Saying, "my lawyer wishes I'd shut up" like he did earlier, was extra stupid. But just having or retaining a lawyer doesn't mean anything in these circumstances. It's like refusing to talk to the cops if you're being arrested or accused of a crime.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

But it would be fair to say Smollett now believes there is enough evidence against him a prosecutor my file criminal charges? Or has been advise there is enough evidence a prosecutor may file charges?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join