It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I would assume he already has a lawyer for business/general purposes, and when he ignored that lawyer and the first "hoax" reports hit the media that lawyer told him to hire a dedicated criminal defense lawyer. I don't know that it says anything about the quality of a potential case. His story had some major logic holes from the get go-- that's why his lawyer told him to shut up.
The more he talked, the worse it got. He had to play "gay Tupac" and start giving interviews. The more he talks the better the chance of him getting caught in a contradiction. Even if he was a real victim, he'd get told to shut up. Same reason Trump's lawyers told him not to talk. They both obviously love the sound of their own voice, and it's too easy for them to ad lib an embellishment into a contradiction. Like the "MAGA country!" -quote. Didn't tell the police that detail, but told the media? Police have to contact you again and ask? Just slipped your mind when you first described the attack?

It's still hard to prove false reporting. Big difference between knowing he's a liar and being able to demonstrate he made a false report, but his media campaign is probably helping them out. The fact the traced these guys down, doesn't bode well for him either. The guy is an idiot. I'm sure they are holding cards close to the vest. Bet they wish the hoax reports didn't make it to the media. He's all lawyered up now and taking it seriously. The gay Tupac tour is probably over now that he replaced the publicist with a lawyer.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

There are huge differences between a general practice estate lawyer, family law lawyer, contract / business lawyers, and a criminal defense lawyer. They are as different as a chemical engineer vs a civil engineer. The retaining of a defense lawyer shows how they expect the issues to advance.
edit on 16-2-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There are so many threads on this now it's hard to keep updated, therefore I will do my best to keep all releant information within this original thread.

For example:

Latest on #JussieSmollett: Several #CPD sources confirmed detectives were able to show the 2 Nigerian brothers questioned by police had purchased the rope found around Smollett’s neck at an Ace hardware. The brothers agreed to cooperate with police who are investigating...(1/2)

whether Smollett made up the story after police threatened to charge them with battery. The brothers attorney said both brothers knew Smollett. There are unconfirmed reports that Smollett paid the two brothers to perform the alleged scheme. (2/2).

Rafer Weigel twitter feed

Big question is, who else will the blow back from this situation encapsulate?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Well, right. That's why I'm sure he was referred to one when the hoax rumours started to make headway on twitter, and then actual media. That's a "you should really talk woth a criminal defense lawyer" moment, regardless of his guilt/innocence. And again, I'm pretty sure he's about to have it all unravel on him. Not trying to imply he's innocent. Just that regardless as soon as the rumours gained traction, that's when someone smarter than him should be telling him to hire a criminal defense lawyer.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have said in the past that I refuse to use CNN as a source due to all of their biases and lies. That being said...

Chicago (CNN)Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault.

The brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

The sources told CNN that there are records that show the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at an Ace Hardware store in Chicago.

Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack - CNN

Things are looking decidedly bleak for Mr. Smollett.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
ABC Chicago: Chicago police: Jussie Smollett assault case has 'shifted'

On Saturday, Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told CBS Chicago: "We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has, in fact, shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We've reached out to the Empire cast member's attorney to request a follow-up interview."

Tik Tok Smollett.....

edit on 2/16/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Attorney Gloria Schmidt was at the Chicago police station Friday night, after her clients, Ola and Abel Osundairo, were released from custody. Schmidt said the "new evidence" that triggered the release of her clients was something they knew and presumably told cops.

'Suspects' Lawyer ...
MY CLIENTS HAVE KEY EVIDENCE

Now we know why they were released yesterday. The CPD has enough evidence to charge Smollett without them. Also, they likely got a signed affidavit from each with their statements that will hold up in court.

Tik Tok Smollett....

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The Smollett case had been leading the Chicago news every night. Last night and tonight, it's the 5 people murdered at work in a Chicago suburb. So far, 19 minutes into the broadcast, and no mention of the Smollett saga.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I just wonder if Kamala Harris has anything to do with this farce.

She was too quick with the theatrics herself.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Breaking News from Chicago Media:

"Jussie Smollett Case: Brothers Questioned By Police Were Paid $3,500 To Stage Attack, Which Was Rehearsed Days Before"

More at: chicago.cbslocal.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Statement from Smollett's attorney tonight...

“As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

“One of these purported suspects was Jussie’s personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity.

“Jussie and his attorneys anticipate being further updated by the Chicago Police Department on the status of the investigation and will continue to cooperate. At the present time, Jussie and his attorneys have no inclination to respond to ‘unnamed’ sources inside of the investigation, but will continue discussions through official channels.”
Source: variety.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"Jussie Smollett Case: Brothers Questioned By Police Were Paid $3,500 To Stage Attack, Which Was Rehearsed Days Before"

Not just Chicago media, it is now main stream that he faked the attack, and the police is moving forward with that . I think he is in deep carp as hi little event was faked as a hate crime.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not just Chicago media, it is now main stream that he faked the attack, and the police is moving forward with that . I think he is in deep carp as hi little event was faked as a hate crime.

COOL! Smollet will regret ever knowing Kamala Harris.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Let's not forget this gem from Nancy Pelosi:

The racist, homophobic attack on
@JussieSmollett
is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love. I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May we all commit to ending this hate once & for all.
9:40 PM · Jan 29, 2019 · Twitter Web App

She Used her Official Speaker of House Twitter for this

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Jussie and Bruno at Rykers.. when the soap fell. Jussie squeals.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Oh, please, please, pretty please be stupid enough to have rehearsed at the same spot on be on video....

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Smollett better get another attorney and come clean. He is simply going to be a sacrificial lamb for political agenda if he doesn't. He won't be a martyr for the cause. He will be punished and forgotten by the Dems. Someone needs to tell him to save some face and be 100% honest. Common sense says that he was not smart enough to pull this off( that's why most saw through it)...but that obviously, someone else talked him into it.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Jussie and Bruno at Rykers.. when the soap fell. Jussie squeals.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The schadenfreude real.

What a maroon.

And that statement from his attorney is sending my sides into orbit.
edit on 16-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join