It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SamWells

You know, I read it and can't find it at the moment. I definitely read it from a news source, but it's entirely fair to point out that might just be the writers characterization of what was said. Ie police say, "exiting" while reporter writes "walking." I'll still try to hunt it down.

I did find this:

Regarding the account from a Smollett neighbor who claimed to see a “redneck” with a rope, the CPD official tells Fox News they could not find any surveillance video showing the “redneck” described, and that the neighbor's description of the “redneck” did not fit Smollett’s description of the reported suspects.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
UPDATE: New CCTV video footage discovered.
Jussie Smollett case: New surveillance cameras, footage found, police say

Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the footage from those cameras was being "downloaded and reviewed." He added that two individuals seen in the area around the time Smollett said he was attacked -- and considered "people of interest" -- had not yet been identified "as homeless or otherwise." Guglielmi previously said investigators would go painstakingly through footage to reconstruct what Smollett said happened to him early on the morning of Jan. 29.

Any word on the leos review of the newly found footage?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Krakatoa
UPDATE: New CCTV video footage discovered.
Jussie Smollett case: New surveillance cameras, footage found, police say

Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the footage from those cameras was being "downloaded and reviewed." He added that two individuals seen in the area around the time Smollett said he was attacked -- and considered "people of interest" -- had not yet been identified "as homeless or otherwise." Guglielmi previously said investigators would go painstakingly through footage to reconstruct what Smollett said happened to him early on the morning of Jan. 29.

Any word on the leos review of the newly found footage?

Not yet that I have found. Which does not mean there isn't any....just that I have not read/heard about any review or commentary on this new footage.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
2/5/2019 UPDATE:

JUST IN: ‘Two persons of interest’ in relation to Jussie Smollett ‘attack’ in Chicago turn out to be homeless, were never near Smollett. Smollett also didn’t have a broken rib as he claimed. He also still refuses to give his phone to police, despite claiming it has evidence on it.
twitter.com...

Fact Checker says:

Jussie Smollett is working with Dim Prez candidate Kamala Harris, to get her anti-lynching bill passed.

Jussie Smollett is virtually unknown...nowhere near being a "star".

Jussie Smollett is not very bright.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Chicago police now suspect Jussie Smollett perpetrated a HOAX.
twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here's a direct link to the source of that tweet.

POLICE WARN HOAXER JUSSIE SMOLLETT HE COULD BE FACING ARREST AND PROSECUTION (note that the article title was in all-caps and was repeated here for accuracy only)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Give it a few more days and he will be exposed. None of his claims are checking out.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Krakatoa

Give it a few more days and he will be exposed. None of his claims are checking out.

Problem is damage is done. The hoax will be buried on backpage and wont receive nearly the same attention as the alleged attack.

You wont see any celebs or politcians giving comments on how terrible it is this bojangling fool made fake racism claims

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

You know, I read it and can't find it at the moment. I definitely read it from a news source, but it's entirely fair to point out that might just be the writers characterization of what was said. Ie police say, "exiting" while reporter writes "walking." I'll still try to hunt it down.

I did find this:

Regarding the account from a Smollett neighbor who claimed to see a “redneck” with a rope, the CPD official tells Fox News they could not find any surveillance video showing the “redneck” described, and that the neighbor's description of the “redneck” did not fit Smollett’s description of the reported suspects.

I'll bet you $100 that TMZ made up that report, and there never was any neighbor who reported seeing rednecks hanging around.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Lol, he was still holding his sandwich when he returned to his building AFTER the "attack" ... hahahaha. Turns out his ribs are also not fractured and he's still not handed over any phone records.

Oops.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Lol, he was still holding his sandwich when he returned to his building AFTER the "attack" ... hahahaha. Turns out his ribs are also not fractured and he's still not handed over any phone records.

Oops.

Yeah, they went from broken ribs, to cracked ribs, to bruised, to "oh I have a show" so my ribs are ok.

Please...police, get a search warrant for his phone records. There is enough probable cause that a criminal hoax is being perpetrated here. The man's profession and affiliations to Kamal Harris should NOT be taken into account here.

We want the phone records !!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Investigators had been working to identify the source of the rope that Smollett said was tied around his neck in a noose during the attack. The FBI has extensive scientific resources and product samples that frequently allow its technicians to identify the manufacturer of rope and cord evidence.

In a simplified example, technicians could determine that the rope is made by “ABC Rope Company.” Investigators might contact ABC and learn that the particular variety recovered from Smollett is sold as a plain-label product through Walgreens stores. Investigators then ask Walgreens for records of transactions in which the rope was sold. The last step would be to identify the more promising purchases and to review surveillance video and financial records of those transactions.

A source close to the case said Monday that investigators were visiting retail stores, which may indicate that the search for video and transaction records is underway.

Jussie Smollett case update: Day 8 - CWB Chicago

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Probably.

But they will still look stupid for jumping the Gun.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I bet he could get a good advertising deal with subway. “Nothing gets between Jussie and his sandwich!”

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells
I bet he could get a good advertising deal with subway. “Nothing gets between Jussie and his sandwich!”

I don't know man, a fair rebuttal could be:

It's 2AM, it's minus stupid degrees, there is NO ONE HERE and Jussie STILL got almost hung in Subway.

McDonalds.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

And TMZ has already moved on to some rapper who they think ICE targeted, and who is facing deportation. Another person no one knows, yet TMZ and the "victim" claim that ONE LINE in a song lyric of his made ICE mad and they retaliated. Man, there's an awful lot of white people out there who know who these obscure black artists are!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Turns out the person who originally reported the attack (not Smollett) has a financial interest in Smollett's career:

Frank Gatson, the man who was with Jussie Smollett the night he was attacked in Chicago, is speaking out about the incident.

"Extra's" AJ Calloway caught up with Gatson, who is Jussie’s choreographer, at the amfAR New York Gala 2019.

"I was there with Jussie," he said. "I’m the one who called 911, I am the one who took him to the hospital, and it was so scary, man, that was a scary night — my stomach was numb."

Frank continued, "I’m just glad I was the old man at his apartment when he got there, I was responsible. I said, 'Let’s call the cops, let’s go to the hospital.' Shout out to Chicago police, especially the sergeant that came and got things together and made us feel comfortable."

The Man with Jussie Smollett the Night of Attack Speaks Out - Extra TV

So, Smollett, his manager, and his choreographer are the people who are involved as either witness or 'victim.'

“Just because there has been a lot of stuff that has been said about me that is absolutely not true, there are just a couple of points that I wanted to make really quick,” he said. “I was bruised, but my ribs were not cracked. I went to the doctor immediately — I was not hospitalized. Both my doctors in L.A. and Chicago cleared me to perform but said to take it easy, obviously. And, above all, I fought the f— back.”

Jussie Smollett Is ‘Happy to Be Back at Work,’ Says Empire Boss: ‘He’s Strong’ - People

So was there or was there not a hospital involved and how many versions of the story are there going to be?

They're still trying to track down exactly where the rope was purchased:

Police have reviewed more video surveillance including of retailers that may have sold a rope involved in the reported attack against “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett late last month, according to Chicago police.

“Detectives have reviewed surveillance videos of the hotels in the area, traffic cameras and of retailers that may have sold the rope,’’ said Anthony Guglielmi, head police spokesman.

The white rope Smollett said was used has the consistency and thickness of a clothes or laundry line.

Police: Detectives trying to find store where rope sold after reported attack on Jussie Smollett - Chicago Tribune

If they can track the rope down, they might be able to close in on who is responsible for this mess.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Charges are for accidents - this is villainy on an epic scale and deserves corporal punishment.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I found an interesting update, if anyone is looking for more news on this.

thesource.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Interesting, from your source:

Emily Zanotti

@emzanotti
CPD has subpoenaed Smollett’s phone records, per a friend on the force.

If the police have indeed issued a warrant for Smollett's phone records it means they have probably cause and a judge agreed with them. Otherwise they'd still ha e to rely on Smallett's word.

I wonder what tips they got especially considering having a warrant issued, those tips would have to be credible to allow for the issuance of a warrant for the phone records.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join