It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

This is a major OFFICIAL change in posture for Chicago PD investigators:

""A Chicago police spokesperson on Saturday said "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett is no longer considered a victim in the case that allegedly involved an attack by two masked men who shouted racial and anti-gay slurs at the actor and, "This is MAGA country!""

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I wonder, will Robin Roberts have a special segment on Good Morning America apologizing to her viewers for spreading this hoax narrative, and anti-Trump rhetoric?

Naaaah....She will keep her fat trap shut I am sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Let's not forget this gem from Nancy Pelosi:

The racist, homophobic attack on
@JussieSmollett
is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love. I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May we all commit to ending this hate once & for all.
9:40 PM · Jan 29, 2019 · Twitter Web App

She Used her Official Speaker of House Twitter for this

I just wish the left would get away from the whole homophobic/racist narrative that the leaders of their party has been pushing for the last two years. It's getting old...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
The schadenfreude real.

What a maroon.

And that statement from his attorney is sending my sides into orbit.

The statement is kind of clever. It probably won't work, but that's because the client is an idiot. It does the best possible job of weaving everything together trying to explain away what he needs to in order to create reasonable doubt.

"Hey, that explains how they recognized me and knew I was a gay actor . I always thought that was weird. They knew my routine, or maybe I mentioned when I was coming home. I don't remember. That's how they were able to plan this. I always thought it was a big coincidence just happening to run into some attackers who identified me.
And of course they found money exchanged hands between us-- I hired him as a personal trainer. You'll probably find a check/cash for a $3500 payment for legitimate services. We were in phone contact because he was my trainer, and we were working together, not to orchestrate a hoax. And I can't believe he attacked me and is now trying to implicate me to save himself. It's all very upsetting to me, the victim. You think you know a guy..."

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

The schadenfreude real.

What a maroon.

And that statement from his attorney is sending my sides into orbit.

The statement is kind of clever. It probably won't work, but that's because the client is an idiot. It does the best possible job of weaving everything together trying to explain away what he needs to in order to create reasonable doubt.

"Hey, that explains how they recognized me and knew I was a gay actor . I always thought that was weird. They knew my routine, or maybe I mentioned when I was coming home. I don't remember. That's how they were able to plan this. I always thought it was a big coincidence just happening to run into some attackers who identified me.
And of course they found money exchanged hands between us-- I hired him as a personal trainer. You'll probably find a check/cash for a $3500 payment for legitimate services. We were in phone contact because he was my trainer, and we were working together, not to orchestrate a hoax. And I can't believe he attacked me and is now trying to implicate me to save himself. It's all very upsetting to me, the victim. You think you know a guy..."

Unless, of course, there is CCTV footage of them days before in the exact same area together. Which would corroborate the "dress rehearsal" aspect of the account.

Tik Tok Smollet...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This story is unconfirmed, and it is from TMZ, so take it for what it's worth. However, seeing as how they got fooled earlier on this story, I am hoping they did more solid investigation on this follow-up.

A grand jury will hear the Jussie Smollett case early next week ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Law enforcement sources connected to the investigation tell TMZ, the 2 brothers who were arrested and then released are staying somewhere around the Loop in downtown Chicago under the watchful eye of police so no one gets to them. We're told cops especially want to make sure Jussie does not contact the brothers.

JUSSIE SMOLLETT CASE TO GO TO GRAND JURY ...

edit on 2/17/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"I think what people need to hear is just the truth."

-- Jussie Smollett

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The Grand Jury may be where the Jussie Smollett/Kamala Harris connection is EXPOSED.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Grand Jury may be where the Jussie Smollett/Kamala Harris connection is EXPOSED.

BTW.. See Message #2768 @ qmap.pub... for evidence of the Smollett/Harris connection.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Looks like Old Pelosi has begun her inevitable backtrack of support now too.
PELOSI DELETES SYMPATHETIC TWEET FOR JUSSIE SMOLLETT

You cannot hide there missy...

The Internet NEVER forgets!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Everybody gets a star!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Worthy repost.... I assume

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Looks like Old Pelosi has begun her inevitable backtrack of support now too.
PELOSI DELETES SYMPATHETIC TWEET FOR JUSSIE SMOLLETT

You cannot hide there missy...

The Internet NEVER forgets!!!

With our leaders on both sides rushing to judgment immediately on every topic, lets here at ATS at least try and not add into the total nonsense when topics like this pop up, I know I'm bad about it sometimes. Dems definitely getting burned here rightfully so, LOL because of their tight affiliation with leftist extreme groups and they now look like azzhats, not to mention the media. After all one thing we should be able to all agree on the most important thing is the truth.

dailycaller.com... mollett/

HERE ARE ALL THE POLITICIANS WHO RUSHED TO JUDGMENT ON THE SMOLLETT ‘HATE CRIME’
9:13 AM 02/17/2019 | POLITICS
William Davis | Contributor

When Jussie Smollett claimed he was assaulted by two men wearing “Make America Great Again” hats, many Democratic politicians quickly came to his defense.

Those Democrats included Sens. Cory Booker and Kamala Harris, and Reps. Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, among others.

Waters blamed the attack on President Donald Trump and asked, “Why all of a sudden do we have people unable to study while black, unable to mow a lawn while black, unable to have picnic while black, and being attacked?”

Pelosi tweeted, “The racist, homophobic attack on [Smollett] is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love.”

Attorneys for Jussie Smollett speak out about hoax attack claims. Screenshot/ YouTube/Good Morning America
Attorneys for Jussie Smollett speak out about hoax attack claims. Screenshot/ YouTube/Good Morning America

Kamala Harris tweeted that the attack was a “modern-day lynching,” while her fellow senator and presidential candidate Cory Booker used the same term to describe the alleged attack.

Meanwhile, Ocasio-Cortez tweeted that the attack was not “possibly” a racist and homophobic attack, but that “it was a racist and homophobic attack.”

Smollett, who is gay, claimed that his attacker shouted racist and homophobic slurs at him. However, additional details later added a cloud of doubt to Smollett’s story, including the fact that Smollett was later seen walking to his house in the early hours of the morning with a subway sandwich in his hand. (RELATED: Jussie Smollett On MAGA Hats: ‘I Never Said That!’)

On Thursday, reports emerged that the Chicago Police Department now believe that the incident was a hoax and that Smollett staged the attack to garner sympathy because his character was being written off the show “Empire,” a report which 20th Century Fox denied, calling the claims “patently ridiculous.”

Two Nigerian brothers were arrested in connection with the case, and on Saturday CNN reported that the brothers are “now cooperating fully with law enforcement.”

Chicago police now believe that Smollett paid the two brothers to stage the assault.

Follow William Davis on Twitter

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Kamala Harris claims to not remember the tweet she made in support of Smollett:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

heheheh....have another one, Kamala. She's such an arrogant rude individual.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Kamala Harris claims to not remember the tweet she made in support of Smollett:

LOL you could her the tires screech in her head as she threw it in reverse...

Hell just say you messed up made a mistake...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Post-production chaos as they've already started the rewrite cutting Smollett's scenes and facetime in Empire:

link

I guess they think something is up, too.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Post-production chaos as they've already started the rewrite cutting Smollett's scenes and facetime in Empire:

link

I think Smollett can kiss his character goodbye. They're probably planning how to kill him off now.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

link

I think Smollett can kiss his character goodbye. They're probably planning how to kill him off now.

Well at least he's given them an Idea of how he should be written off.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

"I have to go now. My planet needs me."

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join