It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Activism and "Gender Affirmation" is Breaking Our Kids

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

a reply to: kaylaluv

Little ol' me won't make a difference, unfortunately.

Let me ask you, is any human born with the knowledge of what it means to be a boy or girl?

Or is it thrusted upon us?

With this is mind, how can a 3 year old child know that a dress is meant for a girl?

How can he know that he's supposed to have a vagina... when he has no idea what a vagina is?

We aren’t talking about 3 year old children taking drugs/hormones and having surgeries!!!

Ok fair enough.

But we've had countless conversations about this in the past, and you and many others have said gender dysphoria can start as early as 3 years old, and that you can and should start seeing counselling for it at that age.

My counter-argument was always that presenting this idea to a 3 year old child will only end up confusing them.

Do you disagree with this?

You don’t present the idea of gender dysphoria to a 3 year old. They won’t know what the words “gender dysphoria” mean. When a 3 year old presents strong symptoms of gender dysphoria (remember what the definition of that really is), a therapist can recommend allowing the child to dress and act like the gender they identify with to relieve the dysphoria. It has greatly helped many young children, and is totally reversible.

not being a jerk here, but interested in what age you think that a child would be able to handle the idea of gender dysphoria, and at what age should they be allowed to determine if they want medical and surgical intervention? should the parents have to approve?

I would leave that up to the professionals to decide; I would imagine it would depend on the maturity level of the individual child.

As far as medical and surgical intervention, again, I would go by the current guidelines of The Endocrine Society, the American Medical Association, WPATH, APA, and other mainstream medical and mental healthcare associations who have been researching and studying and treating these conditions for a while now.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So you're saying when my son went through that phase where he was Iron Man, we should have let him go everywhere in that cardboard box mockup armor to relieve his identity dysphoria instead of telling him it was just for playing with at home?

No, I’m not saying that. Because there is no such thing as Iron Man identity dysphoria. Unless you can find something in the DSM for that.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It is easier for people to embrace the idea that transgenderism is a normal way to identify rather than accept it is a mental or psychological disorder.

What is not right, imo, is forcing society to accept it as a perfectly normal way to gender-identify. When you go there, parents get confused about how to guide and direct their baby and child to understand how to identify properly.

Working parents need to be especially vigilant, because you have no idea what may be going on in this regard in day care facilities. If you hire a private nanny, always find out what their views are. I would never hire a nanny that thought it would be okay for a 3-year old boy to wear dresses and makeup.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Little ol' me won't make a difference, unfortunately.

Let me ask you, is any human born with the knowledge of what it means to be a boy or girl?

Or is it thrusted upon us?

With this is mind, how can a 3 year old child know that a dress is meant for a girl?

How can he know that he's supposed to have a vagina... when he has no idea what a vagina is?

We aren’t talking about 3 year old children taking drugs/hormones and having surgeries!!!

Ok fair enough.

But we've had countless conversations about this in the past, and you and many others have said gender dysphoria can start as early as 3 years old, and that you can and should start seeing counselling for it at that age.

My counter-argument was always that presenting this idea to a 3 year old child will only end up confusing them.

Do you disagree with this?

You don’t present the idea of gender dysphoria to a 3 year old. They won’t know what the words “gender dysphoria” mean. When a 3 year old presents strong symptoms of gender dysphoria (remember what the definition of that really is), a therapist can recommend allowing the child to dress and act like the gender they identify with to relieve the dysphoria. It has greatly helped many young children, and is totally reversible.

But then this just goes back to my initial argument. How can the child identify with something of the opposite sex when NOTHING is inherently male or female? Playing with a dress does not make one female, because a dress is not female.

For the sake of not dragging this on, I'll just end it here and hopefully leave you with something to think about.

Have a good day, Kayla.

You are unfortunately not giving me anything new to think about.

You have yourself a good day.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Dysphoria is dysphoria. There are people that think they are a mermaid, a cat, a lizard, etc. There are white people that think they are black. There are people that went to great lengths getting body modifications to look more like what they think they are.

It's just that if you are a person that thinks you are a person of the opposite sex, you can actually surgically and hormonally change yourself to look like what you think you are in order to relieve your dysphoria. Unfortunately, even after going through all of it, they still find themselves miserable and unable to cope. They then decide it is society's fault for still seeing them differently.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How many children / teens have the whits about them to decide any major life 'thing'?

Wow ....just wow!!! They cant vote before they're 18 years old.....

They can't drink alcohol before 18 years (UK) 21 years (USA)......

They can't drive before 17/18 years old......

But hey! they can change their sex/gender from just out of the cradle.....

smh/ couldn't make it up

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So what is the treatment recommendation for people with mermaid dysphoria in the DSM?
I assume it has its own listing? I go by what the professionals say on the matter.

There are many, many people with gender dysphoria who go on to lead happy, fulfilling lives after transitioning.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So what is the treatment recommendation for people with mermaid dysphoria in the DSM?
I assume it has its own listing? I go by what the professionals say on the matter.

There are many, many people with gender dysphoria who go on to lead happy, fulfilling lives after transitioning.

You trust psychiatrists? Talk about agenda driven: their lot believes that something like 75% of all people have "mental illness" requiring drug treatments. When they come telling you you dont for a condition right in their own DSM, that's when you should flip your wig (no pun intended).

Now how many dont live happy yada yada after "transitioning"? How many kill themselves? Just yesterday the topic was attempted axe murder or random people because of being rejected. A life of rejection by straight cis people lets set our kids up for that woohoo!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Great, so when your kid shows symptoms of appendicitis, by all means, don’t go to a doctor, because they clearly don’t know what they’re doing. Just handle it yourself.

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a long while.

Smh

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yeah, I get it, you don’t trust scientists, doctors, psychiatrists, or any other professionals.

You do you, bro.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

Great, so when your kid shows symptoms of appendicitis, by all means, don’t go to a doctor, because they clearly don’t know what they’re doing. Just handle it yourself.

Smh

Yep, not trusting doctors is dumb.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

They're psychopaths. Just like the social engineers that are trying to gender bend our society. All while majority of them arent even half as smart as they think they are. Whom to them you are just fodder to be stepped on in their quest to reach their Promised Land that you or I arent meant to be a part of.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yeah, I get it, you don’t trust scientists, doctors, psychiatrists, or any other professionals.

You do you, bro.

I wonder if you would trust/believe a doctor that stated something that went against your ideological beliefs.

link   

Trusting doctors withing something physical, identifiable and treatable is one thing.

There is zero evidence that someone can be born the 'wrong' gender. That doesn't exist outside of the meat between the ears.

So equating an appendix with psychological abnormality to paint your opponents as your intellectual inferior or backwards or whatever is yes...dumb. You're good at that.

link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

Smh

Yep, not trusting doctors is dumb.

It works out so well for people with cancer amirong?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So what do you think should happen when a child displays symptoms of depression and anxiety, and can’t otherwise function normally due to being forced to live as the gender opposite the one they identify with?

Are you from the school of “slap the crap out of them and tell them to snap out of it”, like some of the other posters here?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You do you, bro.

I wonder if you would trust/believe a doctor that stated something that went against your ideological beliefs.

Are there individual quacks out there? Absolutely, see Paul McHugh, for one.
That’s why one should go by the general consensus of the whole.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

So we should all trust you, because you know best.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What do all the other kids that show signs of depression do?

Its like that 'trans-maybe kids should use the girls room for their protection', well what about the fat kids, the gingers, the goths, etc? Odd kids get picked on. You get beaten up for being too smart even!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join