It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Activism and "Gender Affirmation" is Breaking Our Kids

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Couldnt all of that be said of "transsexuals" (which according to ya'll is "TOTALLY different"), how isnt all of that the domain(s) of mental disorder / fetish addiction?

Of course we cant call it a mental disorder, because that means its something that might be treated, which doesnt jive with the agenda to gender bender the kids and all that I've already explained.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Exactly. That's why I'll never understand how a 3 year old child can show signs of gender dysphoria.

Because he looked at his peepee in the mirror and felt uncomfortable? Does he even know what a peepee is?

WIthout even asking the 3 year old child, I can confidently and unequivocally say the answer is NO.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

Every single one of those traits could be (and is most likely) brought on by outside factors, not a genetic pre-disposition.

Your logic is flawed, and more specifically... ludicrous.

My logic?? This is the logic of the American Psychiatrist Association. Take it up with them. But you will also have to take it up with the AMA, WPATH, and all the other mainstream medical and mental healthcare associations. People who have a lot more experience and knowledge on this subject than you and me.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Exactly. That's why I'll never understand how a 3 year old child can show signs of gender dysphoria.

Because he looked at his peepee in the mirror and felt uncomfortable? Does he even know what a peepee is?

WIthout even asking the 3 year old child, I can confidently and unequivocally say the answer is NO.

Three year olds are not given puberty blockers or hormones or surgeries of any kind. They ARE encouraged to dress and act however makes them comfortable. You have a problem with that?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is a Mental Disorder

Dr. McHugh, the author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles, made his remarks in a recent commentary in the Wall Street Journal, where he explained that transgender surgery is not the solution for people who suffer a “disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically.

This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

Stop hiding behind your "authorities" and form a thought for yourself.

edit on 26-1-2019 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I will let the professionals tell you...

In children, gender dysphoria diagnosis involves at least six of the following and an associated significant distress or impairment in function, lasting at least six months.

A strong desire to be of the other gender or an insistence that one is the other gender
A strong preference for wearing clothes typical of the opposite gender
A strong preference for cross-gender roles in make-believe play or fantasy play
A strong preference for the toys, games or activities stereotypically used or engaged in by the other gender
A strong preference for playmates of the other gender
A strong rejection of toys, games and activities typical of one’s assigned gender
A strong dislike of one’s sexual anatomy
A strong desire for the physical sex characteristics that match one’s experienced gender

Kayla, I know you understand our argument. But you've held this position so passionately for so long, it must be difficult for you to accept any other possibility.

But I basically destroyed the doctors notion with simple common sense.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is a Mental Disorder

Dr. McHugh, the author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles, made his remarks in a recent commentary in the Wall Street Journal, where he explained that transgender surgery is not the solution for people who suffer a “disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically.

This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

Stop hiding behind your "authorities" and form a thought for yourself.

Stop hiding behind the one guy who is a religious fundamentalist, and form a thought for yourself.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Three year olds are not given puberty blockers or hormones or surgeries of any kind. They ARE encouraged to dress and act however makes them comfortable. You have a problem with that?

Hmmm, let me see ...

Dress and act however makes them comfortable ....

What if my kid comes home this week deciding that he wants to cuss like a sailor and dress like a penguin? Do I just let him go then?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I will let the professionals tell you...

In children, gender dysphoria diagnosis involves at least six of the following and an associated significant distress or impairment in function, lasting at least six months.

A strong desire to be of the other gender or an insistence that one is the other gender
A strong preference for wearing clothes typical of the opposite gender
A strong preference for cross-gender roles in make-believe play or fantasy play
A strong preference for the toys, games or activities stereotypically used or engaged in by the other gender
A strong preference for playmates of the other gender
A strong rejection of toys, games and activities typical of one’s assigned gender
A strong dislike of one’s sexual anatomy
A strong desire for the physical sex characteristics that match one’s experienced gender

Kayla, I know you understand our argument. But you've held this position so passionately for so long, it must be difficult for you to accept any other possibility.

But I basically destroyed the doctors notion with simple common sense.

Well, then you need to petition to be head of all these organizations, stat!!!! Because clearly, you have all the knowledge, research and experience to tell them how to do their business!

So when are you starting your clinic to reverse gender dysphoria with “a good talking to”?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Perhaps everyone needs to be forced to wear only Epsilon Robes, Croc shoes, and Beatles mushroom haircuts.

edit on 26-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Hmmm, let me see ...

What if my kid comes home this week deciding that he wants to cuss like a sailor and dress like a penguin? Do I just let him go then?

Hmmmm, not the same thing as gender based activities, is it? You of all people should encourage your child to wear a dress if he wants to, since you wanted to wear pants only as a child. You should encourage him to play with dolls if he desires it, since you wanted to play with trucks. You of all people should be fine with a child dressing and acting unlike the traditional gender matching the natal sex of a child. Right?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You should encourage him to wear clothes that make him stand out (and get beat up for it), and when he does get beat up for it set about socially engineering ALL the kids to wanting to dress like that (so then they'll inherently beat up kids for dressing up as what would have been normal [because thats what kids do]).

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Little ol' me won't make a difference, unfortunately.

Let me ask you, is any human born with the knowledge of what it means to be a boy or girl?

Or is it thrusted upon us?

With this is mind, how can a 3 year old child know that a dress is meant for a girl?

How can he know that he's supposed to have a vagina... when he has no idea what a vagina is?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That's where Queer Kid Stuff comes in:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Just saw a frontpage headline about Hollywood weirdo Kate Hudson and her "genderless parenting" approach. She has a newborn daughter and says "We still don't know what gender she will identify as"... it's as if they hope their kids are not heterosexual so they can be trendy and show everyone how diverse and "modern" they are.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against other people's sexuality or preferences, but when parents are pushing these agendas and youngsters, toddlers, adolescents etc. are encouraged to question their sexuality from day #1, I don't see how that is helpful for our society. It's one thing to be open minded and have those conversations if they come up, or if their child is getting into their teen years and is questioning, but to have their entire parenting/childhood revolve around this philosophy of "gender neutrality" and "we can't use the pronouns 'he' or 'she' anymore", it is a symptom of our sick society

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Little ol' me won't make a difference, unfortunately.

Let me ask you, is any human born with the knowledge of what it means to be a boy or girl?

Or is it thrusted upon us?

With this is mind, how can a 3 year old child know that a dress is meant for a girl?

How can he know that he's supposed to have a vagina... when he has no idea what a vagina is?

We aren’t talking about 3 year old children taking drugs/hormones and having surgeries!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If he wanted to wear a dress, I'd compromise with a kilt which boys do wear. However, I never told you why I wanted to wear pants all the time. I had three reasons:

1. There was another girls who used to bully me by chasing me all over the playground and lifting my skirts up. I found this horribly embarrassing, but she couldn't do it with pants. And even after that year in school, I never quite trusted the other kids not to do it again.

2. I loved to run and play hard, and it's harder to do that in skirts.

3. I get cold super easy. Skirts leave your legs exposed and cold in the winter outside and summer in a building with cold A/C.

So I'd want to know his reasons for wanting to wear a dress. None of mine had anything to do with gender identity.

As for the trucks/dolls thing ... I already told you -- there are no boy or girl activities only activities. For Pete's sakes, did you *not* read the part where I go fishing and the husband cooks ... because that's what we like to do?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Hmmm, let me see ...

Hmmmm, not the same thing as gender based activities, is it? You of all people should encourage your child to wear a dress if he wants to, since you wanted to wear pants only as a child. You should encourage him to play with dolls if he desires it, since you wanted to play with trucks. You of all people should be fine with a child dressing and acting unlike the traditional gender matching the natal sex of a child. Right?

No. This is wrong. A parent should be a guide to help their child understand. It should begin in infancy. Gently and lovingly you explain when he tells you he wants to put on your lipstick and high heels, that, "no...those are for girls. You are a boy". This is not politically correct in today's idiocy, but that is a parent's responsibility.

Gawd knows what goes on in day cares that confuse the hell out of a toddler. It is up to parents to pay attention, teach and guide them.

Girls in pants are not the same as boys in dresses and makeup. It is UNACCEPTABLE to allow your boy to dress like a girl, and it is up to parents to firmly yet gently guide and teach children so they can identify who and what they are early and definitively.

Some parents are so messed up and confused themselves, they have forgotten what their responsibilities are, imo. TV programs, talking heads that have "credentials", academia, day care providers, teachers, all get inside your head and theirs and muddy up the psyches of children.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

For Pete's sakes, did you *not* read the part where I go fishing and the husband cooks ... because that's what we like to do?

Clearly you were supposed to vote for Hillary and rampage thru the streets when she lost.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join