It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Activism and "Gender Affirmation" is Breaking Our Kids

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: infolurker

Thank you for posting -- again.

Every time I think it can't get any worse or any more evil, I find out how wrong I am...

Get Familiar with S.O.G.I.

The Parents are wrong. They are pushing to suspend parental rights to promote it.

This is a war waged against vulnerable children in a captive environment.

I live in BC where this SOGI bull# started.
It’s become so well entranced into peoples heads that you can’t even voice your opinion that you disagree. As the elderly generation die off (the last ones still standing) the human race will be unrecognizable. It’s not hard to see how everyone is becoming so accepting of this, people who are not lgbt 🏳️‍🌈 jump on the bandwagon (blindly) promoting it.

Children should not be getting coaxed into questioning their gender. This is not something they can fully understand.

Ok , if they truly are going to be this way, they’ll figure it out eventually. No need to plant the idea in their heads.

To think that as little as about 5 years ago we’d not be discussing this. Things are changing far too quickly. At this rate we will begin accepting all kinds of radical ideas.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

oh i'm sorry, would you like me to scrape and bow as well? how can i not have addressed your majesty! such a fool i am!
try saying something with any meaning or relevant perspective and i might. no promises.

ETA: i scrolled up and read your last few posts and it was just one long cartoon fart noise? i'm not sure what you expect me to do with that?

So is this the trans activist method of 'dealing with' that which cannot be delt with?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

why is 'trans activist' the thing you jump to immediately? that's pretty telling. no, this is just the response of a regular everyday trans woman who's fed up with the way everyone on this site keeps making the same old boring stupid farting noises and then demanding that we take it seriously.
none of you have any understanding of my life
none of you even have any contact with trans people
you know NOTHING and it's got NOTHING to do with you but here you are smugly demanding answers, talking down at me as if you're so smart and not just regurgitating the most basic lies we've been disproving for years
Every point in this damn thread has been disproven
over and over and OVER - on this very hellsite - but no one listens and still you come in like BRRRRRrrrRRRrrrrPPPPTTT ANSWER THAT LIBBY SCUM and it's just so boring.

unless you want me to address your theory about MtV turning kids gay???? in which case????? dude how OLD are you? MtV hasn't even EXISTED in like a decade [you need new talking points!]

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

If they are adults then do as they please but for sure leave the kids alone. If kids think they are batman thry get ignored if they think they the opposite sex they must pander too . So bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: kaylaluv

Should schools / doctors / media be allowed to attempt to indoctrinate small children into being confused about gender and sexuality?

Should religious fanatics and other hardcore, narrow-minded conservatives be allowed to indoctrinate children into thinking they have to ignore their gender identification if it is not in alignment with their natal sex?

Indoctrination of any kind should be looked down upon. Doesn't matter if it is political, religious, or biology.

We should just raise children as children, guide them to being decent human beings above all else, and hopefully by giving them scientific facts, none of this personal feelings nonsense.

Let them choose their path once they're adults.

Sadly this is almost impossible to make happen.
The majority of people want everyone to think, feel and act as they do. Whatever the cost.
Sadly there are people who will happily mutilate children, physically and mentally to make the world suit them if that what it takes.
That is the reality of mankind.

Very few can see it. Very few WANT to see it.

Pretty sad really. But alas you cannot make all people happy at all times.

This is why school and government should be places of neutrality, bias free, because there are too many people with too many different views and opinions. They should be places based in science and facts.
There for everyone. Not just the few.
The needs of the many and all that.

Sigh, I remember when 'majority' was the rule. It has to be for a society to function. another sad reality.

Whatever happened to just being decent human beings. Keeping your business to yourself and having consideration of others when in public?

Why is it less than 1% get to dictate to the other 99.9%?

Why is it their rights, feelings and opinions are meant to be more important than mine and everyone else's?

So if 1 boy says he's a girl and it's normal, why do 99 other children who don't, have to be forced to accept it?
There's more to indoctrination of 'trans' kids by these edge lord parents.
They're also indoctrinating everyone else's kids.

If a kid preaches a religion or politics they were 'indoctrinated' into to my child and my kid disagrees and rejects it nobody say BOO! It's completely okay.
But if a kid preaches transgenderism, homosexuality, or something similar and my child disagrees and rejects it they are suddenly a bigot of some form.

Same for we adults too.

There's a damn lot of hypocrisy on these issues.
A lot of pot to the kettle.

End of the day it should be don't force your # on me and I will tolerate you.
Because tolerance is all that should be expected of any one.

Just because you tolerate something should not mean you have to accept it.

And people are being forced to accept it.

How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

If I was preaching to your kid something you thought crazy, tried to force your child to live as I wanted them to.
Say I think they should be a unicorn, because I think I am one, that I think they need to get a horn grafted to their head and a hair transplant to give them a tail, and well I have noticed they do like horses so that must mean they want to be one.

And I was doing all of this behind your back and you were only finding out after I had put my ideas into your kids head.

Would you be okay with that?

I doubt it.

Can you not see how it's the same for the majority who think.... or should I say KNOW.... that telling kids they can be trans is nothing but 1000's of shades of bad?

Once your penis is gone and you regret it, there is no getting a real working penis and all that entails back.

Gee I know kids who want to be superman. Should I encourage them to jump off roofs?

Adults. Parents. We're on this planet to prevent kids from harming themselves. We're not meant to be encouraging it.
Again regardless of if it is sexuality, or choice of football team.

Does telling an 8 year old it's OK to cut off their penis, or to get their uterus removed really sound like something a rational adult would be telling a child?

Does it sound like the sort of thing a rational adult would tell another rational adult even?

Seriously the more I think about it the stupider it gets to the point it makes my brain hurt.

Can we the majority please just get off our arses and put a stop to this please?
It's our inaction that has allowed this.

edit on 28-1-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos and words. more in their, there, they're no doubt.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder
a reply to: Cybelle

Funny that the two who have sooooooooo much to say about me, won't say it to me...

The two who are soooooooooooooooo sure that they know what is really in my heart and mind don't want me or anyone talking about them... No no no... we don't know anyone who's trans so we should just shut up.

Bottom Line: Real harm is being done to kids. Period. There is absolutely no question or doubt whatsoever that these drugs cause infertility and other severe side effects and adverse outcomes. No doubt whatsoever.

If you want to tell us why this harm is "reasonable" and "practical", go for it.

If you just want to whine and cry because the mean lady is telling the truth, then stuff it. All I see are two people so wrapped up in their selves that they don't care who gets hurt as long as they get what they want. And that's the real problem. I have said again and again that if folks aren't hurting anyone, it's all good. But people are getting hurt. Kids are getting hurt. And you know it.

Accusing me of nefarious purposes while you minimize and belittle the real harm being done pretty much says it all. Far more than your words.

Oh! One more thing: I will tell you my confirmation bias. No one has to guess (wrongly). My confirmation bias is against the pharmaceutical industry in specific, and the medical industry in general, which treats people for profit... not for our health.

Do I think the medical industry wants to make people lifelong medical dependents for their benefit? You bet.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: Boadicea

If they are adults then do as they please but for sure leave the kids alone. If kids think they are batman thry get ignored if they think they the opposite sex they must pander too . So bad.

Agreed. And with a just a few exceptions, most posters agree. Kids are not in a position to make such decisions; and it's not for adults to make such elective decisions. We're not talking about a broken limb or appendicitis that requires immediate medical attention.

Adults can make their own choices, when they are better prepared both mentally and emotionally to make such life-altering and permanent decisions.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Children should not be getting coaxed into questioning their gender. This is not something they can fully understand.

IMO they should be coaxed into questioning their gender, but not their sex, if gender is cultural and sex is biological. But one of the reasons it's so hard to talk about this is that people put different meanings into these words. Also gender identity is a meaningless concept.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

And what if your child has symptoms of depression and anxiety because they are told they have to conform to what gender you insist they be? What if they threaten to self mutilate, or kill themselves? What if they start to withdraw from their friends, and stop participating in school activities or stop showing an interest in anything anymore?

Since the vast majority of such cases would be caused by external factors, most likely bad parenting, if it happened to me, I'd be doing some serious soul searching and reaching out to parenting experts, friends, family, anyone I thought could help ME with MY problem, and thereby maybe help me undo whatever damage I'd done to my child.

What then? You “lovingly” slap the crap out of them and tell them to snap out of it?

You say that in jest, but sometimes, one needs a good smack to bring them back to reality.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

In today's world, who can say? Now I know, but back then, I was a kid and less sure of things. If someone like a parent or other adult authority figure comes forward and starts pressing, sure that it is something else, how long does a child stand up to that?

More false crap from the right.

Eh? Are you seriously claiming that there aren't any parents out there - especially trans-activist parents - that have fallen for this steaming pile of crap, and are pressuring their kids at that young of an age?

Can you not read?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Do these people not believe in science?

DNA, chromosomes dont matter?

DNA lives matter.....

Its absolutely disgusting and why are they all democrats?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Yeah, I get it, you don’t trust scientists, doctors, psychiatrists, or any other professionals.

Sorry, the vast majority of psychiatrists are only 'professional' in the same sense any carnival con man is a professional.

I will admit that there are likely a few that might be decent people, but most are just sick individuals that believe that 75+% of the population is mentally ill and needs to be on one or more of their psycho-drugs.

Please do not lump them in with legitimate scientists - which at least have a much higher legitimacy rate.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Hormones are not psychotics meds.

Actually, it is far more likely that the underlying cause of the dysphoria could well be the extremely high levels of endocrine disrupting chemicals in the public food and water supplies.

This is why we only buy/eat locally, naturally and sustainably farmed food and meats, and only drink and bathe in highly purified water (including getting the toxic chemical sodium fluoride out).

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

But one of the reasons it's so hard to talk about this is that people put different meanings into these words.

You are right about that, and there are many who think this is by design. The suspicion is that by obscuring and confusing words and language, consensus is impossible, and therefore so is any resolution.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Actually, it is far more likely that the underlying cause of the dysphoria could well be the extremely high levels of endocrine disrupting chemicals in the public food and water supplies.

I don't think there's any doubt that environmental pollutants are contributing to the problem. For example, many pesticides function by sterilizing the bugs so they cannot reproduce. Those pesticides are in our food, our soil, and our water. Then we have the synthetic hormones being flushed into our water supplies -- birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy for menopause, and increasingly for males transitioning to female. And psychiatric drugs like Ritalin can also cause hormonal changes and side effects. It goes on and on...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

why is 'trans activist' the thing you jump to immediately? that's pretty telling. no, this is just the response of a regular everyday trans woman who's fed up with the way everyone on this site keeps making the same old boring stupid farting noises and then demanding that we take it seriously.
none of you have any understanding of my life
none of you even have any contact with trans people
you know NOTHING and it's got NOTHING to do with you but here you are smugly demanding answers, talking down at me as if you're so smart and not just regurgitating the most basic lies we've been disproving for years
Every point in this damn thread has been disproven
over and over and OVER - on this very hellsite - but no one listens and still you come in like BRRRRRrrrRRRrrrrPPPPTTT ANSWER THAT LIBBY SCUM and it's just so boring.

unless you want me to address your theory about MtV turning kids gay???? in which case????? dude how OLD are you? MtV hasn't even EXISTED in like a decade [you need new talking points!]

This is what a psychotic episode looks like in writing, ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Do you people really think their is a trans agenda aiming to make more children become transgender?

Um... yes? Because... they are.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I agree with you that there is an agenda -- for want of a better word -- to "make more children transgender."

There is no doubt that children given puberty blockers almost invariably persist in their feelings of gender dysphoria -- they are locked in by suppressing their natural growth and development. Whereas the vast majority of children NOT given puberty blockers eventually grow out of any feelings of gender dysphoria. The numbers don't lie. By insisting on puberty blockers and other "gender affirming" treatment protocols, the Trans Activists are in fact and in deed making more children transgender. Combined with conversion therapy bans under color of law, children are being forced into a permanent state of gender dysphoria, rather than allowing nature to take its course and grow through/past these feelings.

The end result is the same. And we shall know them by the fruits of their labors.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Hormones are not psychotics meds.

This is why we only buy/eat locally, naturally and sustainably farmed food and meats, and only drink and bathe in highly purified water (including getting the toxic chemical sodium fluoride out).

I think you are on to something relevant here with endocrine disruptors. So, if our hormones are disrupted, then is it not logical for us to seek to get them balanced?

How it harms: So you've done your research, thought long and hard about it, and finally decided to get yourself off the pill. Except even when you finally do come off those artificial hormones, you're still taking them, sort of -- via your tap water. Really?! Yes. According to Scientific American, trace amounts of birth control and other medications can be found in the water supply. Pill-taking ladies pee those hormones into the water system, affecting the reproductive systems of fish and eventually us, too. And according to SA, "with such contaminants proving elusive to municipal filtration systems, the burden of protection often lies with the end user."

www.meghantelpner.com...

Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that can interfere with endocrine (or hormone) systems at certain doses. These disruptions can cause cancerous tumors, birth defects, and other developmental disorders.[1] Any system in the body controlled by hormones can be derailed by hormone disruptors. Specifically, endocrine disruptors may be associated with the development of learning disabilities, severe attention deficit disorder, cognitive and brain development problems; deformations of the body (including limbs); breast cancer, prostate cancer, thyroid and other cancers;

sexual development problems such as feminizing of males or masculinizing effects on females, etc

en.wikipedia.org...

We need to look at our sick environment to figure this out.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Bravo, well said...

originally posted by: Boadicea
Having caught up with the thread and all the comments now, I have to say that the trans ideologists are not helping their cause with their kneejerk attacks on any criticism or dissenting voices, and especially their refusal to address the very real and very specific problems presented in the OP.

In fact, that is exactly the problem. This tunnel vision that ignores or minimizes or belittles anything that doesn't promote and prop up the trans ideology. No matter who gets hurt. Even the ones they purport to support. Even kids who depend on the adults in their lives to act in their best interests -- both short-term and long-term. We all know that there are risks and dangers with ALL medical procedures and treatments, and that we have to weigh the risks against the benefits, and that we must take reasonable precautions for reasonable risks. Puberty blockers and cross-hormone therapy and surgical procedures are no different.

Lupron isn't a problem because it's used to treat transgender kids... Lupron is a problem no matter what it's used to treat! There is nothing magical about being transgender that changes the risks and harmful side effects of Lupron. In the real world, Lupron does what it does to the body without regard for what gender the brain thinks it is. Lupron does to the body in accordance to the actual sexual organs and systems, not according to what gender one thinks one is or should be.

But rather than discuss these issues -- which are harming people, including kids -- it's all dismissed out of hand for gaslighting rhetoric and name calling. Apparently no risk is too great if it props up the trans ideology. No harm is too severe if it props up the trans ideology. And no opinion is too extreme if it props up the trans ideology.

If we dare dissent or disagree, no mercy!!!

Just like you have to put these kids in a box and slap a label on them -- "transgender" -- you'll put everyone who voices an opposing opinion into a box and slap a label on us -- "transphobe."

Your cards have been overplayed. The emotional blackmail is backfiring. The gaslighting isn't working. The truth is rearing its head.

I'm happy to let people be who and what they are, no chemical or surgical "enhancement" necessary. Let them defy every gender norm they so choose. Let them embrace every gender norm they so choose. Let them be their own awesome selves. Instead of demanding they change -- and harm themselves in the process -- let's change society's gender stereotypes and demands.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join