It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Activism and "Gender Affirmation" is Breaking Our Kids

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
What is up with your obsession with transsexuals? You clearly devoted a lot of time to this thread and your OP.

If you have even read any of the OP or follow-up osts, you wouldn't have to ask this question.

The primary and overriding concern is not with Trans people in and of themselves, it is with how the TransActivists are force-feeding this to children, in our schools, and everywhere else we work and live.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
For some reason, something is happening in those early stages to confuse or misidentify. It is happening today much more than in the past. Something has become "glitchy" during this critical stage of gender identification.

Read up on 'endocrine disruptors'. The problem is in our food and water.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Hormones are not psychotics meds.

Actually, it is far more likely that the underlying cause of the dysphoria could well be the extremely high levels of endocrine disrupting chemicals in the public food and water supplies.

This is why we only buy/eat locally, naturally and sustainably farmed food and meats, and only drink and bathe in highly purified water (including getting the toxic chemical sodium fluoride out).

I really cannot help but believe dysphoria is simply a self created influenced psychological symptom not one is born in the wrong body. Anorexics look in the mirror and become depressed at perceiving they are fat...even when they look like skeletor. They cause self harm in attempts to try and balance what they think they should look like too. Yet, unlike dysphoria...our society recognizes this disorder is treatable by not agreeing and assisting in them harming theirselves.

Some try to say these two disorders are nothing alike. The only difference I have found is that one believes their body is opposite sex and the other believes their body is too fat. All other aspects are the same.

My youngest daughter nearly died from her anorexia. Her body began eating her own heart to survive! She is seemingly better but still dealing with depressive moments. I have been so grateful to the medical professionals who responded by not just giving up and recognized she needed help in perceiving reality!

I realize if she was suffering dysphoria, I would still be in the same mind. I would not assist her in harming herself over a misperception. It is insane that the medical professionals are not as dedicated to helping with this disorder as they are for anorexia.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Some of the sources such as the Federalist are very right biased and unfortunately the far right are very much against LGBT rights.

No, they are against special rights for artificial 'minorities'.

I believe in the principles found in our founding document, The Declaration of Independence - although I liked Locke's version of the most popular phrase better:

"... are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and Property"

The protection of these principles is the only legitimate purpose of any government.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

If you have even read any of the OP or follow-up osts, you wouldn't have to ask this question.

The primary and overriding concern is not with Trans people in and of themselves, it is with how the TransActivists are force-feeding this to children, in our schools, and everywhere else we work and live.

Rightly or wrongly on my part, this is where I think the narcissism inherent in the activism becomes grossly apparent. And I am speaking clinically here, as in a genuine diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and generally -- I'm not trying to diagnose anyone in specific!

But within the transgender community, many -- not all, but many -- are so self-centered and self-focused that they truly cannot see beyond how something/anything affects themselves, with no regard or care for others. Consequently, they have no concept of how others can have regard or care for others. Not even for children.

So therefore you and I must be feigning altruism while just really trying to attack trans people.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder
Science is just as influenced by activism as politics. I do know that in science we always question the outcomes of studies as the subconscious and conscious belief of the operator influences outcome. The very existence of matter itself comes into question without consciousness. Lets step back and again answer my question. Did you come into this world by the perversion or deviation of nature?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I believe in the principles found in our founding document, The Declaration of Independence - although I liked Locke's version of the most popular phrase better...

I'm a big fan of Locke too

I do wish schools spent more time and effort teaching kids the founding principles and philosophy, in order that they would better understand how we should be legislating and governing. As we see so often with these "protected" classes, these protections under color of law are not rights, but privileges for the few at the expense of the true rights of the many.

And those clamoring for these special privileges and entitlements don't realize that they are selling themselves short... that whatever the government can give, the government can take away. And they will sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It appears we all need far more research and understanding to take place.

The literature on transgender people during the last decade provides a framework for the associations and comorbidities associated with transgender or GD. The research draws links between transgender people and changes in prenatal neuroanatomy. There is an association with psychiatric disorders, schizophrenia, and ASD. Transsexualism is linked to childhood maltreatment and adversities.

Evidence also leads some to speculate that there are genetic predispositions. Furthermore, a working hypothesis exists with regards to possible association of endocrine disrupting chemicals and transgender identity or other gender-related issues.

The evidence until today shows that transsexualism has a complex biopsychosocial etiology.

There is a need for additional research to explore the myths and mysteries behind transgender identity to improve the understanding among clinicians, social activists and policy makers leading to better transgender health

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 01CST10America/Chicago013101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

YES!!!

Again and again, I have looked for definitive research and conclusions, only to find that research has not been done. And, worse, that concerted efforts are made to make sure the research isn't done, or that results are not published/publicized. Academics and researchers in various related fields are bringing attention to the intimidation, bullying and other abuse they receive from the Trans Activists if they even try.

It is a huge problem.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

YES!!!

Again and again, I have looked for definitive research and conclusions, only to find that research has not been done. And, worse, that concerted efforts are made to make sure the research isn't done, or that results are not published/publicized. Academics and researchers in various related fields are bringing attention to the intimidation, bullying and other abuse they receive from the Trans Activists if they even try.

It is a huge problem.

Agreed and the transgender rights movement seems to have science on their side...for now.

www.spectator.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
On a polarized issue one can always find plenty of propaganda for each side.

Undoubtedly. The biased and one-sided “propaganda” being spread here on this particular issue is what prompted me to sign up. Although y’all seem to suck this up as gospel and tend to close off your minds because it fits your paradigm and gives you something to be outraged over even though you know nothing about it or the actual lives and experiences of transfolks, I felt an obligation to provide a balancing counterpoint so those that don’t wish to remain willfully ignorant and actually might be interested in learning something about both sides of this issue to have that opportunity.

I’ve stated several times that I a not a trans activist even though when you’re living in an echo chamber and only getting half of a story, presenting the other half of the story seems like shouting so it may appear that way? I have nothing to gain by this and am motivated by my sense of fairness more than anything because this is something I am knowledgeable about and the information that some here are working so hard spread presents a very biased and incomplete picture and that’s an injustice to trans kids I can’t just stand by and do nothing about.

originally posted by: Carcharadon
If they can normalize hormone therapy for 8 year olds it's a small step from there to normalizing pedophilia which is and always has been the goal.

Oh brother!

originally posted by: continuousThunder
i mean, i told them to get some new talking points that haven't been debunked over and over on this very website, so really if anything i'm trying to promote discussion, not stifle it. not my fault y'all wanna keep clinging to the same tired bs and attacking people you don't know the first thing about

Yeah. Sad. Who wants gain a new perspective or learn anything? Oh, except of course how trans bad.

this is the bit that really gets me. they're so convinced that they're so noble and right and good that they refuse to listen to the very people they're talking about?? they don't have a trans child or trans friends and they know NOTHING about our lives but gosh darn are they ready to stand on their pulpit and throw down about how their ideas about how we should live are better than ours

Kind of like religious fundamentalists and those that think they know where you should pee.

ETA: i scrolled up and read your last few posts and it was just one long cartoon fart noise? i'm not sure what you expect me to do with that?

Quoted because “long cartoon fart noise” is just too darn funny. I’m gonna have to steal that!

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Agreed and the transgender rights movement seems to have science on their side...for now.

Well, pseudo-science anyway... the author is playing fast and loose with the term "science." But that's pretty typical of Trans Activists in general.

What science can tell us is that each and every one of us is a unique combination of "male" and "female" attributes, in varying amounts and ratios, etc. Each and every one of us is a unique product of both nature and nurture. At best, science can observe and identify trends, tendencies, norms, etc. That's it. Nothing conclusive or definitive about gender.

But by definition, true science requires the ability for anyone and everyone to produce the same exact results under the same circumstances and conditions, each and every time. People just aren't that easily defined or identified -- body parts and reproductive systems are, but not people. And certainly not "brain" gender.

It's darn scary though that so many people want to define "man" and "woman," assigning specific attributes and qualities, rather than recognize and respect our individuality and unique personality.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I think you are on to something relevant here with endocrine disruptors. So, if our hormones are disrupted, then is it not logical for us to seek to get them balanced?

Absolutely - but not through taking more artificial hormones, by removing the contaminants, and eating and drinking pure food and water.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Aaaand here we go…

Quite honestly, I don't think there is anything more damaging to a child's psyche and emotional well being than telling them that they have to change what cannot be changed in order to be "okay." They are being set up for absolute failure because they can never and will never be anything except who and what they are. And people like you are telling them they aren't good enough just being themselves. It's downright cruel.

You really have no idea how this works or the foggiest clue about not damaging a trans child’s psyche except what you’ve read on a profoundly biased blog or been convinced of by junk science. It’s sad to see someone obviously intelligent so completely failing to understand the bigger picture.

Again and again, posters have said -- in one way or another -- to just let kids be who they want to be and for the adults to stop filling their head with gender nonsense!

And once again you have no idea how this works. Kids figure this out all on their own and adults don’t have jack to do with it. Had you have said YouTube and social media, I might have been more inclined to listen.

Funny that the two who have sooooooooo much to say about me, won't say it to me...

What in the world are you talking about? You can read, right and are you sure it’s only two? My only goal is to point out that your views are from a fringe group of extremists and to try to provide an opposing view in the hope that some may see beyond their own confirmation bias and willful ignorance and have both sides of an argument available to them in order to form a more balanced and well informed opinion. Wishful thinking, I know, but perhaps had you framed your concerns as something other than the sky is falling hysteria and obvious agenda and offered a more objective approach, it wouldn't have pushed my buttons into joining this site so your radicalization of this topic has done you no favors.

The two who are soooooooooooooooo sure that they know what is really in my heart and mind don't want me or anyone talking about them... No no no... we don't know anyone who's trans so we should just shut up.

Being a little touchy, are we? You’re an internet know-it-all expert that thinks they know more than those with practical experience with things like you know, the lives of actual trans people. Talk all you want but don’t expect those of us with different opinions and street knowledge if you will to idly stand by while you try to convert others to your harmful agenda.

Bottom Line: Real harm is being done to kids. Period. There is absolutely no question or doubt whatsoever that these drugs cause infertility and other severe side effects and adverse outcomes. No doubt whatsoever.

If you want to tell us why this harm is "reasonable" and "practical", go for it.

First of all, you fail to recognize the immense and potentially devastating harm done to kids by not doing this or even attempt to balance the risks against the rewards. You’ve lost sight of the forest because of the trees. Chemotherapy and radiation kills cancer and saves lives. It also kills people so in your befuddled world, no one should have chemotherapy or radiation because reasons.

Secondly, your alarmist concern just doesn’t have the “severe side effects and adverse outcomes” numbers to back it up. If/when this does happen, it is a rare exception rather than the norm that you and your little gang have blown totally out of proportion. Tens of thousands of children have been put on this protocol for ten+ years in this country and longer than that in others and if it was this great tragedy that you make it out to be, do you honestly think even the very conservative Endocrine Society would be on board with it? It was in their previous guidelines five years ago and has been updated and even expanded in the new guidelines released over the summer and I won’t even bother to mention all the other major health organizations that support these protocols.

Are there potential risks? Absolutely but what you fail to acknowledge are the alternative consequences are potentially far worse but never actually knowing anything about trans youth other than what you’ve read on the periphery of the internet, how would you know or understand this and you wonder why your credibility is assailed.

Infertility? Duh. Being trans does that but maybe you’re unaware this is one of the main topics discussed in therapy with trans youth?

Here is a young fifteen year old Canadian trans girl that started Lupron at 14 and is now on estrogen talking about this very thing. She’s a little rambly but has made other videos on the same subject and given a great deal of thought and consideration to this matter and knows what she’s doing.

If you just want to whine and cry because the mean lady is telling the truth, then stuff it.

Getting aggressive now, are we? I don’t believe I’ve either whined or cried and all I really give a damn about is providing alternate opinion and information because this “truth” you believe you’re saving the world with by spreading is right up there with the anti-vaxxers and flat earthers and it’s just not fair to the non-brainlocked people here to be swayed by your pernicious agenda without some counter.

All I see are two people so wrapped up in their selves that they don't care who gets hurt as long as they get what they want. And that's the real problem. I have said again and again that if folks aren't hurting anyone, it's all good. But people are getting hurt.

Kids are getting hurt. And you know it.

If your kid was trans, I know they’d be getting hurt, that’s for damn certain.

Accusing me of nefarious purposes while you minimize and belittle the real harm being done pretty much says it all. Far more than your words.

Whatev.

Oh! One more thing: I will tell you my confirmation bias. No one has to guess (wrongly). My confirmation bias is against the pharmaceutical industry in specific, and the medical industry in general, which treats people for profit... not for our health.

Do I think the medical industry wants to make people lifelong medical dependents for their benefit? You bet.

That speaks for itself as to the nature of your crusade. I suppose I should really expect nothing less on a conspiracy site full of paranoid people.

edit on 1 28 2019 by Cybelle because: sleep deprived typing

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I really cannot help but believe dysphoria is simply a self created influenced psychological symptom not one is born in the wrong body. Anorexics look in the mirror and become depressed at perceiving they are fat...even when they look like skeletor. They cause self harm in attempts to try and balance what they think they should look like too. Yet, unlike dysphoria...our society recognizes this disorder is treatable by not agreeing and assisting in them harming theirselves.

I think most if not the vast majority of mentall problems are chemical, again, from pollutants in our food and water (and air).

Another one, possibly a much bigger problem than most realize, is EMF pollution.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thing is tranny Will NEVER be accepted into society.

They can mutilate their bodies as much as they like and dress however they like but it will never change the fact they are either XX or XY.

Liberals can scream and rant as much as they want but the majority of the human race will NEVER accept them for the gender they choose rather than where born with.

I know no man that would date a tranny and I know I never would. They will always be outcast except for within the fringe community.

There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with Tits

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Boadicea

Time for everyone to pop their head out of the sand. Here are news videos... please watch this to understand where we are going and what they are teaching babies.

SOGI

Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

'Transgender Toolkit' For Kindergartners

Transgender In Preschool | NPR Ed

If that THING in the first video ever went near one of my kids IT would end up dead in a ditch.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

why is 'trans activist' the thing you jump to immediately? that's pretty telling. no, this is just the response of a regular everyday trans woman who's fed up with the way everyone on this site keeps making the same old boring stupid farting noises and then demanding that we take it seriously.
none of you have any understanding of my life
none of you even have any contact with trans people
you know NOTHING and it's got NOTHING to do with you but here you are smugly demanding answers, talking down at me as if you're so smart and not just regurgitating the most basic lies we've been disproving for years
Every point in this damn thread has been disproven
over and over and OVER - on this very hellsite - but no one listens and still you come in like REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ANSWER THAT LIBBY SCUM and it's just so boring.

unless you want me to address your theory about MtV turning kids gay???? in which case????? dude how OLD are you? MtV hasn't even EXISTED in like a decade [you need new talking points!]

MTV has pushed multiple generations into bling bling materialism obsession, since even before rap. Which there's an entire discussions worth there but here:
They made rockers dress in glam in the 80's, that is tough guy rockers wearing pink spandex with poofy hair perms and makeup and what raver's would later call "candy" (plastic costume jewelry). Then they did let the gundgers make rock semi-respectable for a time in the 90's, from which point they made EMOtional Music the new wave and thus boys started cutting their wrists if their wardrobes and "products" werent up to MTV specifications (which they had been doing to girls already for decades by that point). And from there it became the forefront in 21st Century Identity (identity weaponized into ideology) BS ala sissy boy millennialism and thus we ended up to this decade where gays had the rights they fought so long for and yet that's when they started rioting over it (having gay rights). MTV IS the ultimate feather in the Gay Mafia's cap.

From there I have over 40 posts in this thread which by in large havent been touched. The vast majority of which werent in the slightest disrespectful unless that is you're a person so nutters that if someone, say someone had heart disease and someone else said 'hey you have heart disease' and then the one with it were to fly off the handle. That's the entire Trans Movement in a nutshell BTW.

Oh crap I used the word nutshell, somebody come rip my head off for it!

edit on 28-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I keep thinking what wonders we might behold if we simply encouraged our kids to express the best of themselves in the best ways with no regard for "gender"... no expectations... no demands... just unconditional love and faith in their inherent potential....

I wonder if some parents out there just wanna feel special in their social circles.
Sorta like Desmond the amazing's parents..

You have just voiced my own views......

Are we seeing more of it?? or is it due to social media??

At first it was kids putting their life out there eg. "Oh look where I'm eating out"

along with the obligatary photograph of said meal.

"Oh look I'm on holiday" "Oh look I'm a a festival/show" and of course the pictures

Then its how many likes I got for this and that.

Almost justifying their existance !!!!

Are the adults/parents feeling left out?

What happens when everyone's done everything? Where is the next *high*

Its why I skipped out on social media like FB.

At first I was the outcast for not using it, now I'm a strong independent woman. Like DB.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Also another side effect some parents are done with it, and pulling their kids out school to home school because they hate the environment that their kids are in.
We can't legislate what morals parents teach there kids, some advocate there 13 year girls to have sex, I personally think that is poor parenting, but they aren't my kids.

Other parents encourage their kids to have a stronger moral code so that they at least can handle adult choices as adults, and not be kids giving birth to babies.
In the end we can't dictate what parents are teaching their kids, but if the school system is encouraging what goes against what a parent is teaching it's child, then they get to make that choice, it's not always correct. But the state can't take control of parents children unless there is outright real abuse.
edit on 28-1-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join