It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Trump supporters be OK with a wall made from steel vs. concrete?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

brambles and thorns kept sleeping beauty safe for 100 years.
we should plant roses.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Its half past the hour..... do you know where your post is?
edit on 182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The border is already secure.... Trump is selling fear and many are being conned by him.... again...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: dug88

I don't think a wall will do # all and anyone that believes a giant wall, or even a field of landmines, will stop illegal immigration probably has the intelligence of a child.

Sorry, you're completely wrong. In fact it is you who has the intelligence of a child. You believe what the media tells you (in this case "walls no work"). Seek out some data. Here's some:

Will there be zero illegal immigration, of course not. After-all, most illegals come legally then overstay their visas. But illegal border crossings will drop drastically. Those illegal border crossings are where most of the 'bad hombres' come from.

Ah and here I was just comparing America's wall to the IDF in jest...
edit on 8/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

political asylum is international law....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I say you go with 6" thick transparent aluminum!

Ok enough star trek references, for now. If you guys are going to do this you might as well do it right. Go big or dont try, that's the American way right? First build a 60' concrete wall, 20' of which will be below ground to prevent tunneling. Make it 10' thick reinforced concrete, to prevent ramming and bombing attempts. Add a 10-20' steel wall to the top, bringing the total hight to 50-60' above ground and 20' below ground. That's puts it well above most ladder length. However you dont stop there. That 10-20' steel wall can also be electrified at random intervals. Also include pressure sensors along the top to notify personnel that an attempt has been made. As well as motion and vibration sensors throughout the wall to detect tunneling. That's phase one out of the way.

Next on phase two! Dig a 100' wide and 50' deep trench from coast to coast, fill it with every kind of unfriendly coldblooded (this will be important very shortly) critter you can think of. End phase two.

Finally phase three! In phase three you build a second wall, roughly 10' shorter than the first wall, directly on the bank of the trench. The reason for the hight difference is so that snipers cant attack the motion sensitive heat tracking automated 50 cal machine guns mounted every 150'. Limit them to a 180 degree swing arc, so even if hacked they cant be used against border staff. Even stock them will rubber bullets if you're worried about killing people. Finally you can place more motion and vibration sensors in the second wall.

There are a few more ideas I have but I'll leave it at that for now.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

hint... trump lies

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I went to the berlin wall in 1968...know what I saw? I saw a tall fence.... and beyond that.... another tall fence...' and concrete bunkers I was told contained armed soldiers. oh and a saw horse across the road in case the two fences and the guys in the concrete bunkers were not deterrent enough.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I went to the berlin wall in 1968...know what I saw? I saw a tall fence.... and beyond that.... another tall fence...' and concrete bunkers I was told contained armed soldiers. oh and a saw horse across the road in case the two fences and the guys in the concrete bunkers were not deterrent enough.
But you still went and that was the point the poster was making.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Where is the money going to come from to monitor it? a reply to: JinMI

The same place where we will get the money to give everyone free health care.

The main difference being, we will only build the wall once. We will have to pay for the free health care every day from now on.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

a reply to: manuelram16

political asylum is international law....

And that law states that economic immigration is not a valid reason for claiming asylum.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

the point I was making was that the berlin wall was not a wall in some places... I was in the city of west Berlin...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

who cares.... thats not what I was addressing. That poster wanted to change the asylum laws and I simply pointed out that they are international laws....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Berlin wall is an excellent example of my point. Some sections were concrete, some steel...heck some sections were only 6-11 foot fencing! Most of the wall is gone today and only after 50+ years of it being built!

One of the main tourism spots of the Berlin wall is the concrete that mural artists had created paintings on. If we are going to build a wall and want to see it as a future investment even after it is no longer needed...use concrete!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The Berlin wall was a tool used by both sides in an attempt to curb or promote the cold war and political ideologies of the time. It also separated friends and families from one another, nevermind got a few people dead by way of them attempting to circumvent the thing.

Look at how the people reacted when it was removed and we can see their feelings on the matter. Mind that song that was in the charts "Wind of change" by the Scorpions, Christ it was there for about 6 months. LoL

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Was it 3000km long, and to be built through land where the geography pretty much say no on all counts?

3000km long concrete reinforced rebar walls for a mere $5 billion doll hairs???

I think not. LoL

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Was it 3000km long, and to be built through land where the geography pretty much say no on all counts?

3000km long concrete reinforced rebar walls for a mere $5 billion doll hairs???

I think not. LoL

Well of course not, but that was not the question I was responding to in this thread...now was it? Steel vs concrete? Whether it matters?

5 billion isn't going to get you a 3000km? (actual border: 1954 miles) wall of steel either. There are already sections that have barriers / walls (650+miles) and obviously they are seeking to fill in the holes.
edit on 1 8 2019 by CynConcepts because: Corrected to be more specific

Addt'l edit add: Even lefty news articles state it may be as high as 40billion to build 1000 miles. If folks think that sounds like a lot...I can only wonder why they have no problem in giving 54 billion to foreign governments?
edit on 1 8 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

"fill in the holes."

Again i refer you to the geography of the place in question where concrete reinforced rebar walls are simply untenable at best or would cost an arm and a leg to build.

Then there is the upkeep of the thing nevermind somehow managing to Police the wall in an effective manner, all of which will probably run to additional 10s of billions of dollars, possibly more.

Trumps simply a hoodwinking bastard, and for what, a wall that simply wont do as it says on the tin.

edit on 8-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

A lot easier for patrols to see illegal immigrants taking time to climb over a wall on patrol than one that simply scurries across amongst the brush and shrubs.

I am getting the feeling you are not from around here. UK? Why does this matter so much to you if you are not a citizen of the US?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

"I can only wonder why they have no problem in giving 54 billion to foreign governments?"

Well if you bomb them, or wish to have a say where their politics are concerned, which your alphabet agencies, corporations, and bankers, all seem to want, whether or not they admit their interference or ""help"" as "they" like to put it.

Then you really should be giving them the funds to do so.

My own nation and many others are also up to there necks where foreign aid is concerned, but the fact of the matter is we take far more from those poor souls than we ever give.

And that's just how first world nations function I'm afraid, they consume their own resources and then the resources of others so as to survive and maintain there quality and way of life.
edit on 8-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join