It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Trump supporters be OK with a wall made from steel vs. concrete?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: dug88

You know if you simply shoot any and all trespassers in the head Jesus could sort them out in the afterlife for daring to exist and cross that beloved border.

Happy 2019 planet Earth, at least i hope it is.

But the shoot to maim and injure tactic works so well for the IDF....

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Trump will visit our Southern border this week.
I do not believe that he will back down on the wall, but the kind of wall is a different story.
Does it matter to his supporters?
Does it matter to the left, are they opposed to the wall, or the cost, or both, or just anything that Trump wants?

www.yahoo.com...
On Sunday, Trump pledged not to bend in his demand money for the wall but said the barrier could be made of steel instead of concrete as a potential compromise with Democrats who refuse to fund it.

When obama wanted to secure the southern border I cheered.
Party is no matter.
Plan or material is no matter.
Securing the southern border is important.
Fixing the broken immigration system is important.
Period.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yes! Make my day! Use AK steel! Concrete cracks and crumbles a bad choice. AK STEEL
edit on 7-1-2019 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There are IDF crossing the border now???

Enouths, bloody enough.

That's it break out the Armageddon Cobalt bomb and get Dr. Strangelove on the blower.

I knew those crafty bastards would be the end of us all.
LoL

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Not China steel. Buy USA products! AK STEEL!!!! Give the people in Ohio jobs! Wow... why don't we just shoot our feet off with a shot gun and give all our money to China? So dumb.
edit on 7-1-2019 by frugal because: (no reason given)

(post by andy06shake removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Scepticaldem

Im sorry, i though it was rhetorical.

Now i realise its retarded. LoL

"Should we use landmines?"

NO!

"Would that be ok?"

Definitely not.

"And as there really is no border threat no one would step on them anyhow, right?"

Animals for one thing you fool or what about poor souls that get lost. Duhh!

So again using names like "retarded "... hahahaha
But can not address the question yet again....hahaha

(post by Scepticaldem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Whatever the border patrol and ICE need and ask for. Within reason.

If they want a wall of chained zombies I wouldn't say a peep. Steel, stone, or force field I don't care.

Reasonable.

edit on 1 7 2019 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Yes its retarded in the extreme to suggest the deployment of ""land mines"" on the border of any first world nation in this day of age, it's not like they discriminate or anything.

I stand by that word on this occasion.

Can you read son the answer is an unequivocal "Computer says NO!" on all counts! LoL

Laugh all you wish but be careful not to step on one of those mines, coz you won't be laughing then, that's a given.
edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes, let's blow the crap out of Animals because they're not an endangered species eh?

I guess poor Mexican Illegals grow on trees also, so landmines it is then.

You get to School tomorrow sharpish.....Please! x
edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

How about a 3000km ACME moat full of Shark infested custard?

That would show them pesky varmints, meep, meep.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Yes its retarded in the extreme to suggest the deployment of ""land mines"" on the border of any first world nation in this day of age, it's not like they discriminate or anything.

I stand by that word on this occasion.

Can you read son the answer is an unequivocal "Computer says NO!" on all counts! LoL

Laugh all you wish but be careful not to step on one of those mines, coz you won't be laughing then, that's a given.

I'm not sure if you're referring to my post or not but that was a hyperbolic, sarcastic suggestion because as I said later I believe America's immigration problem has nothing to do with people getting in but because existing laws are not enforced and people are allowed to stay and gain employment indefinitely. I don't think a wall will do # all and anyone that believes a giant wall, or even a field of landmines, will stop illegal immigration probably has the intelligence of a child.

I also find it laughable that a country with a half trillion dollar military budget can't seem to get # together to build a wall or even deal with this issue...because it really comes down to is too many people on both sides make money off illegal immigration for anyone to ever seriously stop it.

This whole wall issue is just a big #ing show to keep people occupied and arguing with eachother. The wall is pointless either way and probably won't ever be built and if it does get built, someone'll make a lot of money(somebody's politically connected buddy's getting a reeeaalllyy sweet contract) and it'll fail horribly but by then no one will care. Every once in a while someone will show some statistics that show it's working...the other side will claim it's not and it was a waste of money and when they need a distraction they'll bring it up. People will argue for a while then it'll fade away again. It's all bull#.
edit on 7/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

My only requirement:
Physical barrier that cannot be paid off to allow illegals in.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I don't think a wall will do # all and anyone that believes a giant wall, or even a field of landmines, will stop illegal immigration probably has the intelligence of a child.

Sorry, you're completely wrong. In fact it is you who has the intelligence of a child. You believe what the media tells you (in this case "walls no work"). Seek out some data. Here's some:

Will there be zero illegal immigration, of course not. After-all, most illegals come legally then overstay their visas. But illegal border crossings will drop drastically. Those illegal border crossings are where most of the 'bad hombres' come from.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I have advocated a 50' concrete wall, topped with a four lane interstate highway. All the way from Brownsville, Texas to San Diego, Calif.
The cost may be high, but it will serve a good purpose and bring about some much needed jobs.

Short of that, I guess I could live with a 30' wall of 4" pipe mounted horizontally and free to turn. This would even be entertaining to watch people trying to climb it.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This will all be so much easier in the near future. After everyone is implanted with "pet chips" we will finally be able to keep track of who goes where.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I prefer a wall made out of enforcing the law and holding companies accountable who hire illegals. Remove their reason to come here and they will stop.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Where is the money going to come from to monitor it? a reply to: JinMI

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join