It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Trump supporters be OK with a wall made from steel vs. concrete?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

"I am getting the feeling you are not from around here. UK? Why does this matter so much to you if you are not a citizen of the US?"

It matters because we live on planet Earth, it matters because people matter where ever the hail from.

Trumps and his nonsensical reasoning is a menace to reality not just the USA if truth be told.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

So your concern in US is due to the fact that if we build a wall and do not give out big sums of foreign aid...they may ask more from your first world country?

Edit add: to recent post above...So you just don't like how Trump does things. Not so polished and two faced as leaders should be. Gotcha.
edit on 1 8 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: manuelram16

political asylum is international law....

Then you go through a official port of entry,and we arent really members of the ICC so we can ignore that if we choose to.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Then you go through a official port of entry,and we arent really members of the ICC so we can ignore that if we choose to.

The United States has it's own asylum laws and it makes it clear that asylum can be requested regardless of where or how the person arrives. You should look up the Cuban boat people, they got asylum once they stepped foot onto Florida.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Nope, not at all. LoL

Amounts of Money are not the issue, the distribution of wealth and power are the real contention.

People matter no matter their colour, creed or nation they come from.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"I am getting the feeling you are not from around here. UK? Why does this matter so much to you if you are not a citizen of the US?"

It matters because we live on planet Earth, it matters because people matter where ever the hail from.

Trumps and his nonsensical reasoning is a menace to reality not just the USA if truth be told.

People who commit crimes such as crossing illegally do not deserve to be treated as law abiding citizens. I want a DMZ myself between Mexico and the US like we have in Korea. Since technically we are at war with the cartels its legal.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

"Since technically we are at war with the cartels its legal."

You mean in bed with them?

"People who commit crimes such as crossing illegally"

They dont see it as a crime, they see it as a chance at a better life, if that's a crime then you really are in trouble.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Nope, not at all. LoL

Amounts of Money are not the issue, the distribution of wealth and power are the real contention.

Sure and borders and laws should be enforced no matter what people color and creed.

Securing the border does not mean those outside the border dont matter.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The United States has it's own asylum laws and it makes it clear that asylum can be requested regardless of where or how the person arrives. You should look up the Cuban boat people, they got asylum once they stepped foot onto Florida.

Well they didnt pass through a country that offered it first did they? The cubans did what was legal under the geneva convention. Yes we grant Asylum BUT only if they did not get a offer before coming to the US. You know this.

link   
Declare a national emergency, and get the Army Corps of Engineers to build it.

No more politics.

Take the money out of the defense dept. This takes the entire affair out of Pelosi's and Chuckie's court.

The money we save in supporting illegal immigrants with pay for it in less than a year.

Build the damn wall. Steel, concrete, titanium, I don't care.

Fred..

link   

a reply to: yuppa

They dont see it as a crime, they see it as a chance at a better life, if that's a crime then you really are in trouble.

Oh so now crime is subjective?

I bet the guy robbing a bank also sees it as a chance to better his life.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I hope not.

I don't think walls will help all the same.

And i'm certain Mexico won't be footing the bill, thats a given.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

your OP is noted,and rejected. people from other countries who get mad at us for not being like them like the bend over and give it to me harder UK do not deserve a voice in certain matters like immigration. I do care about others but i also care about the law,your morals be dammed.

ALso Walls worked in Israel. walls work in the vatican.
edit on 19000000ppam by yuppa because: added info.

Crap. i also meant to say that Mexico isnt directly paying for the wall because it was built into the new trade agreement. They dont need to actually pay cash.
edit on 19000000ppam by yuppa because: oops

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
One note. My mother was a British subject. My father met her in WW2. She migrated with him to the US after the war. They married.

Then, she went through the entire naturalization process. She wanted to do this the right way.

She was proud. Proud to be an American. Proud that she was able to go through the steps and do it right.

American citizenship is a privilege.

Not a WORLDWIDE RIGHT.

Fred..

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Nope, not at all. LoL

I fear we are straying from the topic of this thread. I will respond that giving billions to often corrupted leaders in foreign nations has not seem to be beneficial for the common man within those nations. Only creates more wealth and power for the few.

I am all for legal immigration if one decides they want to come to a 1st world country. I am here because great grandparents came though Ellis Island LEGALLY!

A wall is simply a deterrent...as that, it helps. Psychologically as well as Physically. Immigrants who arrive legally will become better citizens since they will not have to be criminals constantly in fear of deportation.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well, the bankers have one, thats a given.

If you are going to rob anything, a bank's at least somewhat legitimate a target, just saying.

Not that its right, but if needs must, its certainly preferable to robbing the average business or persons home nor property.

link   

I hope not.

I don't think walls will help all the same.

And i'm certain Mexico won't be footing the bill, thats a given.

Take whatever tax money is needed and build the damn wall.

Fred..

link   

Well they didnt pass through a country that offered it first did they?

Irrelevant, the current law doesn't stipulate you need to seek asylum elsewhere first. If you have a problem with the law lobby your Representative to change it.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Sillyolme

The Berlin wall was a tool used by both sides in an attempt to curb or promote the cold war and political ideologies of the time. It also separated friends and families from one another, nevermind got a few people dead by way of them attempting to circumvent the thing.

Look at how the people reacted when it was removed and we can see their feelings on the matter. Mind that song that was in the charts "Wind of change" by the Scorpions, Christ it was there for about 6 months. LoL

Yes and when Trump's wall comes down 50 years from now, the US and Mexico will finally be able to reunite into one country again just like it has been for the past 1000 years. Just like Berlin.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I posted the rules before. they do exist,and they are there for you to read. intellectual dishonesy much?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join