It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway for gunman who killed California officer during late-night traffic stop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Spot-on, BreakTheStreak. If we have to follow U.S. law every day of our life, so should people who aren't U.S. citizens!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The ""propaganda"" lies in the fact that the perpetrator was an illegal.

You must see this serves a cause?

So what? You call it "serving a cause". Others call it "shining a spotlight on the problem"!

What is the problem here? An ILLEGAL entrant murdered one of our police officers, a husband, and a father to a 5-month old baby. You don't see that as a problem that SHOULD be a CAUSE?! Baffling.

edit on 27-12-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Have you considered that the drug lords who aren't already living stateside will fly over the wall in their private 'planes, or travel around it in their yachts? ... and they'll offer lifts to their henchmen, too.

Several thoughts there.
1. The "Drug Lords" are businessmen. The guys running the cartels actually do fear the US legal system because that system can take something from them which they truly love: their money. The mules, not so much... you're talking about people with nothing to lose.
2. Most of the violent illegals in the US aren't allied with the cartels. They are small time thugs the cartels, themselves, have driven out of Mexico and into the US.
3. Ever hear of the Aerostat program or the Coast Guard? Nothing flies or sails into the USA without an eye in the sky seeing it... not as easy when dealing with people crossing the same land masses as other similarly sized animals under the cover of darkness. The Dept of HLS miss the land based night crossers because they have chased shadows that proved to be coyotes, deer, cows, etc too many times. The wall ends that confusion entirely because livestock and large wildlife don't climb 40 foot high walls with electrified concertina wire atop them.

Drug Lords in the US - a Google search

Narco-submarine From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drones become latest tool drug cartels use to smuggle drugs into U.S.

New Times Investigation: Drug Traffickers Are Buying Up Planes in South Florida

Drug cartels using new 'go-fast' boats that are almost INVISIBLE to radar on Central American smuggling missions

... and what ATS thread would be complete without:

Allegations of CIA drug trafficking From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wall ain't gonna do nuthin'.

Nuthin except stop illegals from sneaking across open land borders in the dark of night.

Right?

Oh that’s right, we don’t want that to be stopped.

No, stop the criminals. Absolutely.

Stop branding innocents as criminals, also absolutely.

Because you have law granting asylum, which can only be requested from US soil, some hopefuls cross the border and surrender to the guards just so they can request asylum.

They are being compliant with the law.

Do it at the border entry point. Apply for asylum at the border entry point.

The wall will still allow that to happen.

Follow the process WITHOUT sneaking across the border under cover of darkness

Do you imagine that the people at San Ysidro trying to apply to enter will eventually get through?

Immigration 101: Why Can’t Immigrants Just “Get Legal”, “Get in Line” and Get Their Papers? - America's Voice

The only way left open to them is undocumented entry.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The only way left open to them is undocumented entry

Too bad. No one has a right to enter the nation of another unannounced.

(post by Breakthestreak removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

The ""propaganda"" lies in the fact that the perpetrator was an illegal.

You must see this serves a cause?

So what? You call it "serving a cause". Others call it "shining a spotlight on the problem"!

What is the problem here? An ILLEGAL entrant murdered one of our police officers, a husband, and a father to a 5-month old baby. You don't see that as a problem that SHOULD be a CAUSE?! Baffling.

They are more interested in immigration policy than the fact that a cop was murdered.
That fact alone reveals their intent, yet they cry about propaganda.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I live 50 mi away and our local news has issued warnings to be on the look out for this guy. He is the shooter.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

What's baffling is peoples propensity to swallow the spoon feed crap being fed to them.

What happened is tragic beyond belief, but the purpose the act is being used to serve is simply shameful.

If you cannot recognize that fact then you simply refuse to see the forest for the trees I'm afraid.
edit on 27-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What's baffling is peoples propensity to swallow the spoon feed crap being fed to them.

Did a man here in our country illegally murder a police officer? Yes or no? Is that spoon fed crap? Yes or no?

What happened is tragic beyond belief, but the purpose the act is being used to serve is simply shameful.

I disagree about the spotlight on this heinous act. It is not shameful. Everytime one of our own is killed by somebody here illegally, we should shout as loud as possible to Build The Wall!

Your perspective is to just consider it another killed cop. My perspective is that if someone killed the cop and was here illegally, we should shine that spotlight big and brightly!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I live 50 mi away and our local news has issued warnings to be on the look out for this guy. He is the shooter.

Trying to find a cop killer is bad to these people?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Have you considered that the drug lords who aren't already living stateside will fly over the wall in their private 'planes, or travel around it in their yachts? ... and they'll offer lifts to their henchmen, too.

Several thoughts there.
1. The "Drug Lords" are businessmen. The guys running the cartels actually do fear the US legal system because that system can take something from them which they truly love: their money. The mules, not so much... you're talking about people with nothing to lose.
2. Most of the violent illegals in the US aren't allied with the cartels. They are small time thugs the cartels, themselves, have driven out of Mexico and into the US.
3. Ever hear of the Aerostat program or the Coast Guard? Nothing flies or sails into the USA without an eye in the sky seeing it... not as easy when dealing with people crossing the same land masses as other similarly sized animals under the cover of darkness. The Dept of HLS miss the land based night crossers because they have chased shadows that proved to be coyotes, deer, cows, etc too many times. The wall ends that confusion entirely because livestock and large wildlife don't climb 40 foot high walls with electrified concertina wire atop them.

Drug cartels using new 'go-fast' boats that are almost INVISIBLE to radar on Central American smuggling missions

Nuthin except stop illegals from sneaking across open land borders in the dark of night.

Right?

Because you have law granting asylum, which can only be requested from US soil, some hopefuls cross the border and surrender to the guards just so they can request asylum.

Do you imagine that the people at San Ysidro trying to apply to enter will eventually get through?

Immigration 101: Why Can’t Immigrants Just “Get Legal”, “Get in Line” and Get Their Papers? - America's Voice

If I get denied visa application to England then I should just sneak across the border?

What a disgusting, moronic mindset

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tensetek What is super sad about this is that the Officer killed was an immigrant from Fiji who went through the proper channels to become a US citizen...then on to serve the public. It is hard to watch his boss speak about this loss. Left behind a wife, infant, and a black lab doggie. Very sad news. Murdered by an ILLEGAL murderer. Prayers for the Officer's family.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: queenofswords

You really can't see that it's not just about one man murdering a cop. It's about a man that never should have been here in the first place murdering an upstanding member of our society.

That's the insult to injury. He never should have even been here.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

if he wasnt here then this man would still be alive.

how many people do these illegals need to kill until the people demand tougher action against them coming back over and over?

im guessing he was connected with a cartel and thats why he killed this cop.

Police arent my enemy and every cop ive had interactions with bar one has been very professional and as nice as they could be depending on the reason why i was talking to them.

i have unfortunately had police interactions where i was in the wrong(nothing serious, i was sleeping in my car on the street because i had a few drinks and didnt want to drive. still got in trouble and am going to court for it now.

something they could have taken me to jail for without a doubt, but because i was honest and not belligerent i got an appearance ticket and a very favorable statement by them as far as my arrest goes(dwi).

never was i disrespected or had a gun/taser pointed at me, in fact they gave me a ride home.

dont do stupid or illest things and you wont have interactions with the police, and if you do just be polite and even if you know they are wrong thats what court is for.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Several thoughts there.

Right?

If I get denied visa application to England then I should just sneak across the border?

Visas and immigration - gov.uk

Non-citizens without visas, can often end up in the UK. There are procedures to ensure their safety and to try and get them on to a legally sanctioned track, by granting a visa or by asylum-refugee status outlined in the above linked website.

The UK's refugees are overseen, as in the case of New Zealand, by the UNHCR.

The UN definitions of asylum seeker and refugee are different to the US legal definitions.

To the UN, an asylum seeker is one who is applying for refugee status but has not been granted that status and a refugee is someone who has applied for asylum and has been granted official refugee status.

In this system, someone who is not a citizen, a visa holder, who has not applied for asylum, or who is rejected from being granted refugee status, is a 'stateless person'. The UNHCR asserts that there is no such thing as a bogus or illegal asylum seeker.

Asylum in the UK - UNHCR

According to UNHCR statistics for the UK, at the end of 2017, there were 40,365​ pending asylum cases, 121,837​ refugees, and only 97 stateless persons in the UK.

Sounds like the UK/UN is administering visas and processing refugees in a responsible and humanitarian manner.

edit on 28/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Several thoughts there.

Right?

Non-citizens without visas, can often end up in the UK. There are procedures to ensure their safety and to try and get them on to a legally sanctioned track, by granting a visa or by asylum-refugee status outlined in the above linked website.

The UN definitions of asylum seeker and refugee are different to the US legal definitions.

To the UN, an asylum seeker is one who is applying for refugee status but has not been granted that status and a refugee is someone who has applied for asylum and has been granted official refugee status.

In this system, someone who is not a citizen, a visa holder, who has not applied for asylum, or who is rejected from being granted refugee status, is a 'stateless person'. The UNHCR asserts that there is no such thing as a bogus or illegal asylum seeker.

Asylum in the UK - UNHCR

According to UNHCR statistics for the UK, at the end of 2017, there were 40,365​ pending asylum cases, 121,837​ refugees, and only 97 stateless persons in the UK.

Sounds like the UK/UN is administering visas and processing refugees in a responsible and humanitarian manner.

So is the United States

And you know that

What people are AGAINST is those who are ‘sneaking’ across the border and living in the country ILLEGALLY

ALL people should be against that.

It’s only morons that aren’t

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Several thoughts there.

Right?

Asylum in the UK - UNHCR

So is the United States

And you know that

What people are AGAINST is those who are ‘sneaking’ across the border and living in the country ILLEGALLY

ALL people should be against that.

It’s only morons that aren’t

The US does not defer to the UNHCR but has its own regulations that override UN resolutions. The UNHCR has offices in the US but they mainly work as a lobby group and do not determine US policy.

UNHCR in the United States and the Caribbean

As explained previously, one cannot request asylum in the US unless one is standing on US soil (not even at an embassy).

The legal methods of entry into the US are inadequate to the needs of those seeking entry.

US law is such that as soon as one makes a request for asylum, in front of US authorities (like border patrols), on US soil, one is then entering in to the legal process and is not an 'illegal'. They become asylum seekers by legal definition.

To quote the UNHCR website linked to previously: "There is no such thing as a bogus asylum seeker or an illegal asylum seeker". The US's non-compliance with the UNHCR's guidelines and definitions is clearly delineated by this point.

edit on 28/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What hype? The fact of the matter is that the alleged shooter is ILLEGAL ALIEN. Perhaps CNN is choosing to obscure this fact. Bottom line is, if this guy wasn't here illegally, hw would not have the opportunity to kill a police officer. This is an argument the liberals will never win.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Agree! A moat with sewage can't hurt either! Make it the Toughest Mudder, only the winner gets a free ride back to Mexico.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I know...tough concept to grasp. Maybe if we rebrand the wall as being to keep Americans in, the slower folks can embrace it? It is a f'n wall, a glorified fence, not the Siegfried line! As far as any commentary from a Kiwi, stow it, you live on goddamned islands, you have no neighbors.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join