It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway for gunman who killed California officer during late-night traffic stop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh aye that's really ""Obviously"" the case.

We are all Jock Tamson's Bairns, just a thought.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

We all live on a God Damned island called Earth.

Yeah, and we all live in a house, but that doesn't mean we open our doors and allow people to traipse in willy-nilly into our bedroom or kitchen. Boundaries. Common sense. Order. Safety.

Every human being is not sweetness and light. Some of them are criminals and killers and we don't need to go tiptoeing through the tulips with them.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: tensetek

Illegally illegal!

Doesn't a double negative equate to a positive?

But lets just ignore all the other criminals, this one's an illegal criminal!

... oh, wait, ...

Lol
Wannabe aussies are the best.
Slow kiwi news day?
Playing second fiddle to Rhode island finally gotten to you?
Mocking news about cop killers is definately your color.
The fact that no one cares about your immigration laws got you down?
Surely there will be more lord of the rings films th o employ your people?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Coke maybe, the heroin is coming from the middle east... why do you think we're still over there

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well, you ken what they say about people in glass houses?

Every human being is not equal, but its class war down to the distribution of power and wealth that the real issue and not the sweetness and light.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShadow21

A Safari of sorts on behalf of the banks and corporations would be my best guess.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: seeker1963

Illegally illegal!

... oh, wait, ...

New Zealand only takes in around 1000 refugees a year! Up your countries quota or mind your own business!

Our quota is determined by the UNHCR. Recently, we have increased this number to 1,500.

So, all good then!

ooooooo 1500? We have millions! Again, up your quota! Do you pay taxes to support all the illegals we have in the US? NO? Then mind your own business. Let your government know you are willing to pay more taxes so you can open your doors to help these unfortunate souls out.

We are clever here, we tax the migrants to pay for themselves.

You live on a God Damned island with thousands of miles of ocean between you and the nearest third world hell... the USA does not. We have an overland border with not only a third world country, but a third world country which is serving as the gateway for a third world continent south of us. Your migrants enter your country via airports with expensive plane tickets, passports, and (likely) jobs already lined up in growth and skilled sectors, not picking crops,

Most migrants here start out in seasonal agricultural work, even if they are qualified.

I personally have done such low-pay, labor intensive, seasonal agricultural work when I first migrated here (sorting onions and harvesting capsicums & chillies), so I know by experience. I had degrees in information technology, electronics, mechanical engineering and astrophysics but still had to make an income prior to getting a more suitable position.

Not to mention it gave me some free time to do some volunteer computer and strategy work that helped get an indigenous based political party into government. I wouldn't go back there today but it did broaden my outlook significantly.

laying bricks, and making hotel beds. Migrants into the US tend to come in here with nothing but the clothes on their backs and, all too frequently, a glint of malice in their eyes as they slither into the country under the cover of darkness with no tracking or indetification of who they are, what they're running from, or what they're planning on mucking up once here.

But it's statistically you guys who are the criminals. Not the migrants. The wall will stop only the good from entering.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah, guys, why vaccinate against polio when HIV and Ebola are so much worse?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
“The wall will stop ONLY the good from entering”

Jesus Christ what an ignorant moron

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It always seems like it

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

"Jesus Christ what an ignorant moron "

Know the dude personally did you?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Oh wow, a figure of speech suddenly taken literally. “When it suits” huh?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The crime rate among migrants is lower than the crime rates among American citizens. One would be diluting the American citizen's crime rate by introducing a population with a lower crime rate.

Depends entirely on the study and, in regards to what you're citing, it hinges on an incarceration rate while studies which refute the idea that immigrants commit fewer crimes hinge on actual conviction rate. This country does not incarcerate many of the illegals it convicts, sending many of them back via deportation rather than imprisoning them, so the comparisons are apples to oranges.

papers.ssrn.com...

Undocumented immigrants are at least 142% more likely to be convicted of a crime than other Arizonans. They also tend to commit more serious crimes and serve 10.5% longer sentences, more likely to be classified as dangerous, and 45% more likely to be gang members than U.S. citizens. Yet, there are several reasons that these numbers are likely to underestimate the share of crime committed by undocumented immigrants. There are dramatic differences between in the criminal histories of convicts who are U.S. citizens and undocumented immigrants.

Build the GD wall and build it as high as structurally feasible.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Amen to that!
2nd line.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Illegally illegal!

... oh, wait, ...

Lol
Wannabe aussies are the best.
Slow kiwi news day?
Playing second fiddle to Rhode island finally gotten to you?
Mocking news about cop killers is definately your color.
The fact that no one cares about your immigration laws got you down?
Surely there will be more lord of the rings films th o employ your people?

I am an Aussie, not a wannabe. I moved here because it has a higher standard of living (equal first in the world with Iceland).

And it wasn't just news about a cop killer, it was propaganda because there have been 107 other cops killed in the line of duty this year and most of them go by fairly anonymously.

It is just that this one is alleged to be done by an illegal entrant into the US, the implication in the minds of news readers being that the majority of crimes are perpetrated by illegal entrants to the US, which is entirely untrue.

Look at the number of people in this thread alone who keep repeating the idea that the immigrants will become criminals.

link   

Yea I suppose your right,what we need is a dmz type border like they had in Korea.. them little buggers will be reluctant to sneak across that once the land mines start popping off

link   

Sorry buddy, just could not resist. LoL

Just going for a little levity really in an otherwise tragic thread.

Did not mean to offend anyone's sensibilities.
edit on 27-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: chr0naut

But ‘statistically’ it’s maori and Pacific Islanders who commit the VAAAAAAST majority of crime in New Zealand. Surely importing MASS numbers of eastern asians and white Europeans would drastically reduce the nz crime rate.

Oh that’s right “statistics are manipulated”.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I know. Just biting back. Not religious at all, pure atheist but still use that saying a lot.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

But it's statistically you guys who are the criminals. Not the migrants.

FALSE
see my previous post for sources. You can parrot your ideologies all you wish, that does not make them accurate. Studies have shown that illegals commit more crimes and more violent crimes inside the USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join