It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway for gunman who killed California officer during late-night traffic stop

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I may be wrong, but if the 8 year old diseased interloper stayed in whatever place he migrated from, I am fairly certain he would be down for breakfast on his 9th birthday. To say he was "killed" is slanderous and offensive. Border Patrol exhausted every option in an attempt to save this kid. Unless you have been in the unenviable position of trying to save a child and failing, I suggest you cease your rhetoric. No one stands by and watches a child die and to imply this was the case only codifies that you are lacking the mental capacity to discern reality from your fantasy world.

(post by Voteforpedro removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't see you offering any alternatives to building a border wall. Show me one, just one, that is not cost prohibitive, is manageable and is effective.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Leave Rhode Island out of this! We are our own special sort of f'd up here. And we alone have more immigrants here than NZ and many more illegals.

(post by Voteforpedro removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If it is that easy to circumnavigate the wall or the border, come try it. Get yourself a cessna 185, load it up with coc aine, meth, cash...what have you, and just try to jump the line coming from Mexico. You'll have fighters on your ass immediately and if you fail to comply, you will be rapidly transformed into a smoking hole in the desert. There is a network of aerostat picket radar balloons that watch every millimeter of airspace and air defense fighters on alert. Try it.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Bottom line is, if you don't live here and you aren't a US citizen and have no plans to migrate here, then you have no skin in the game, thus, no say in any of this. So just STFU, we don't really give a crap what your opinion is. We'll be just fine. Can't see the wall from NZ, can you?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Hip hip hooray! Then pay your fee for membership in the UN! The US has been funding and providing logistical support for the UN for decades. Not to mention providing military back up. You Brits seem to forget who butters your bread in NATO also. So, before you praise yourselves for being morally superior to all others, think about where you'd be if the US hadn't bailed you out of two world wars, carried your load in NATO and UN. We left your #ty island nation for a reason and have done quite well without your intervention, so we don't need it now.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

By the way, UNHCR policy holds no sway in a sovereign nation.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This Dale Robin sounds like a bad a--. They should get him in the hunt.

If they catch him, he'll be here for life, serving his sentence. Death sentences are not happening in CA.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voteforpedro

Bottom line is, if you don't live here and you aren't a US citizen and have no plans to migrate here, then you have no skin in the game, thus, no say in any of this. So just STFU, we don't really give a crap what your opinion is. We'll be just fine. Can't see the wall from NZ, can you?

Perhaps you are mistaken?
I am in texas.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Voteforpedro

There are no solutions in that area.

Need to address the reasons why they come.

How that's done, however, just like the wall remains to be seen.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Have you considered that the drug lords who aren't already living stateside will fly over the wall in their private 'planes, or travel around it in their yachts? ... and they'll offer lifts to their henchmen, too.

Several thoughts there.
1. The "Drug Lords" are businessmen. The guys running the cartels actually do fear the US legal system because that system can take something from them which they truly love: their money. The mules, not so much... you're talking about people with nothing to lose.
2. Most of the violent illegals in the US aren't allied with the cartels. They are small time thugs the cartels, themselves, have driven out of Mexico and into the US.
3. Ever hear of the Aerostat program or the Coast Guard? Nothing flies or sails into the USA without an eye in the sky seeing it... not as easy when dealing with people crossing the same land masses as other similarly sized animals under the cover of darkness. The Dept of HLS miss the land based night crossers because they have chased shadows that proved to be coyotes, deer, cows, etc too many times. The wall ends that confusion entirely because livestock and large wildlife don't climb 40 foot high walls with electrified concertina wire atop them.

Drug Lords in the US - a Google search

Narco-submarine From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drones become latest tool drug cartels use to smuggle drugs into U.S.

New Times Investigation: Drug Traffickers Are Buying Up Planes in South Florida

Drug cartels using new 'go-fast' boats that are almost INVISIBLE to radar on Central American smuggling missions

... and what ATS thread would be complete without:

Allegations of CIA drug trafficking From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wall ain't gonna do nuthin'.

Nuthin except stop illegals from sneaking across open land borders in the dark of night.

Right?

Oh that’s right, we don’t want that to be stopped.

No, stop the criminals. Absolutely.

Stop branding innocents as criminals, also absolutely.

Because you have law granting asylum, which can only be requested from US soil, some hopefuls cross the border and surrender to the guards just so they can request asylum.

They are being compliant with the law.

Do it at the border entry point. Apply for asylum at the border entry point.

The wall will still allow that to happen.

Follow the process WITHOUT sneaking across the border under cover of darkness

Do you imagine that the people at San Ysidro trying to apply to enter will eventually get through?

Immigration 101: Why Can’t Immigrants Just “Get Legal”, “Get in Line” and Get Their Papers? - America's Voice

The only way left open to them is undocumented entry.

If you cannot obtain legal entry, what *should* that tell you? I'll answer my own question... It means you're not wanted or eligible to enter this country which you, as a non citizen have ZERO right or authority to enter on your own volition, and you should STAY THE F OUT. Borders exist for a reason.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The only way left open to them is undocumented entry

Too bad. No one has a right to enter the nation of another unannounced.

Take it a step further, no one has a right to enter the nation of another uninvited.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You do realize that to most Americans (and I can confidently say this because I know many Democrat voters who feel this way as well) the United Nations' thoughts, policies, and definitions carry about as much importance as a popcorn fart in a tornado? We don't "do" the UN in this country, outside of a vocal minority of SJWs, globalist gladhanders, and the discrete number of "No borders, no walls, no United States at All" imbeciles. The fact that the US' policy is in conflict with the UN and in defiance of their wishes is actually a wonderful thing and, being honest, should be the position the US takes on all issues where the UN is concerned.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I don't see you offering any alternatives to building a border wall. Show me one, just one, that is not cost prohibitive, is manageable and is effective.

The problem is once they are in the country they get apprehended and enter the system. We can't just drive them back to the Mexican border and say good luck next time. This quickly can overwhelm a cities ability to care for 1000s, or 10,000 of these illegals as they wait through their process. The key is to prevent them from ever coming in the first place and if the wall prevented just 70% of them then we would have far less numbers to process, so no one is suggesting we will keep everyone out but we need to do something to reduce the numbers. When illegals cost us well over 100 billion in tax money per year even after subtracting whatever taxes they may pay we only need to reduce their cost by 5 billion to break even...lol

edit on 28-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

God forbid I ever see little blue helmets on my soil.

Target rich environment.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Fox news had a streamer saying the cop killer was captured. Looking for more info...

Cop Killer Captured
edit on 28-12-2018 by NightFlight because: mo info...

More Cop Killer Captured
edit on 28-12-2018 by NightFlight because: mo mo info...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

I may be wrong, but if the 8 year old diseased interloper stayed in whatever place he migrated from, I am fairly certain he would be down for breakfast on his 9th birthday. To say he was "killed" is slanderous and offensive. Border Patrol exhausted every option in an attempt to save this kid. Unless you have been in the unenviable position of trying to save a child and failing, I suggest you cease your rhetoric. No one stands by and watches a child die and to imply this was the case only codifies that you are lacking the mental capacity to discern reality from your fantasy world.

WTH are you talking about? I said none of the above. I'm on your side!

I think you meant to reply to andy06shake.....not me.

Honest mistake perhaps? Apology will be accepted.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join