It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway for gunman who killed California officer during late-night traffic stop

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Voteforpedro is all confused!

He/she is replying to the replier of the poster.

I see he is new. Maybe he'll get it figured out if he slows down a bit and learns how ATS comms work.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...
The illegal immigrant fugitive who was wanted in the murder of a California police officer was taken into custody on Friday after being on the run for more than two days, according to an official, who made the case that the fatal encounter may have been preventable.

Preventable?
That's really too bad.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voteforpedro
a reply to: chr0naut

If it is that easy to circumnavigate the wall or the border, come try it. Get yourself a cessna 185, load it up with coc aine, meth, cash...what have you, and just try to jump the line coming from Mexico. You'll have fighters on your ass immediately and if you fail to comply, you will be rapidly transformed into a smoking hole in the desert. There is a network of aerostat picket radar balloons that watch every millimeter of airspace and air defense fighters on alert. Try it.

I have no wish to deal in drugs, nor to associate with those who do.

Nor do I think that the drug runners are particularly going to be stopped by aerostats and all the countermeasures currently proving only partially effective.

Capture of drug mules has little impact on the kingpins who will just try some other avenue, or keep throwing people at a wall until something gives.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Hip hip hooray! Then pay your fee for membership in the UN! The US has been funding and providing logistical support for the UN for decades. Not to mention providing military back up. You Brits seem to forget who butters your bread in NATO also. So, before you praise yourselves for being morally superior to all others, think about where you'd be if the US hadn't bailed you out of two world wars, carried your load in NATO and UN. We left your #ty island nation for a reason and have done quite well without your intervention, so we don't need it now.

I'm not a Brit.

The 1st World War arguably was won by Russia who signed the Bresk-Livock armistice before other armistice agreements of the Entente.

In the Second World War, Germany was defeated by the Russians, not the US and Britain is not in the Pacific, where the US engaged the Japanese.

Although the US played a part in both victories, it was both late to the game and was only one of many nations that contributed.

edit on 29/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

By the way, UNHCR policy holds no sway in a sovereign nation.

Except by agreement.

The US was never a member of the League of Nations and has increasingly removed itself from the democratic processes of the UN.

Recently the US has withdrawn from the council on human rights and UNESCO (the UN Scientific and Cultural Organization).

Why help build something, put so much money into it and then break it?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Have you considered that the drug lords who aren't already living stateside will fly over the wall in their private 'planes, or travel around it in their yachts? ... and they'll offer lifts to their henchmen, too.

Several thoughts there.
1. The "Drug Lords" are businessmen. The guys running the cartels actually do fear the US legal system because that system can take something from them which they truly love: their money. The mules, not so much... you're talking about people with nothing to lose.
2. Most of the violent illegals in the US aren't allied with the cartels. They are small time thugs the cartels, themselves, have driven out of Mexico and into the US.
3. Ever hear of the Aerostat program or the Coast Guard? Nothing flies or sails into the USA without an eye in the sky seeing it... not as easy when dealing with people crossing the same land masses as other similarly sized animals under the cover of darkness. The Dept of HLS miss the land based night crossers because they have chased shadows that proved to be coyotes, deer, cows, etc too many times. The wall ends that confusion entirely because livestock and large wildlife don't climb 40 foot high walls with electrified concertina wire atop them.

Drug Lords in the US - a Google search

Narco-submarine From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drones become latest tool drug cartels use to smuggle drugs into U.S.

New Times Investigation: Drug Traffickers Are Buying Up Planes in South Florida

Drug cartels using new 'go-fast' boats that are almost INVISIBLE to radar on Central American smuggling missions

... and what ATS thread would be complete without:

Allegations of CIA drug trafficking From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wall ain't gonna do nuthin'.

Nuthin except stop illegals from sneaking across open land borders in the dark of night.

Right?

Oh that’s right, we don’t want that to be stopped.

No, stop the criminals. Absolutely.

Stop branding innocents as criminals, also absolutely.

Because you have law granting asylum, which can only be requested from US soil, some hopefuls cross the border and surrender to the guards just so they can request asylum.

They are being compliant with the law.

Do it at the border entry point. Apply for asylum at the border entry point.

The wall will still allow that to happen.

Follow the process WITHOUT sneaking across the border under cover of darkness

Do you imagine that the people at San Ysidro trying to apply to enter will eventually get through?

Immigration 101: Why Can’t Immigrants Just “Get Legal”, “Get in Line” and Get Their Papers? - America's Voice

The only way left open to them is undocumented entry.

If you cannot obtain legal entry, what *should* that tell you? I'll answer my own question... It means you're not wanted or eligible to enter this country which you, as a non citizen have ZERO right or authority to enter on your own volition, and you should STAY THE F OUT. Borders exist for a reason.

Borders exist because some legislator drew them up.

Often they are where they are because one group of people waged war against another.

Borders separate lovers and families and communities and free trade.

Borders serve the purpose of arbitrary division of humans into "us and them" because we have primitive survival drives which once we needed but are inappropriate going forward.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The only way left open to them is undocumented entry

Too bad. No one has a right to enter the nation of another unannounced.

Take it a step further, no one has a right to enter the nation of another uninvited.

Yes. At least we agree on that.

America should close its bases and pull its troops out of the 33 countries where it has not been invited (Just google "protests against US bases" because I doubt that American media show you the world-wide opposition).

Perhaps if the US weren't tying to police the world, it could re-purpose some of that outrageous military expenditure (more than 50% of the Federal discretionary spend) and fix some of its internal issues?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Oh look you're going off on another off-topic tangent.

more than 50% of the Federal discretionary spend

It's a constitutional mandate. But I don't expect you to know that either.

What does this have to do with the topic of illegals anyway? Losing steam on that end so you have to go for the tired old "America is an empire" leftist trope?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Borders serve the purpose of arbitrary division of humans into "us and them" because we have primitive survival drives which once we needed but are inappropriate going forward.

Tell that to your own government.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Oh look you're going off on another off-topic tangent.

more than 50% of the Federal discretionary spend

It's a constitutional mandate. But I don't expect you to know that either.

What does this have to do with the topic of illegals anyway? Losing steam on that end so you have to go for the tired old "America is an empire" leftist trope?

Well, how about this then, I declare that any American who crosses their border into the rest of the world, which are sovereign states, to be illegal.

Every soldier, businessman, tourist or even those who travel on humanitarian grounds. If they have not been explicitly welcomed or requested, they are there illegally.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well, how about this then, I declare that any American who crosses their border into the rest of the world, which are sovereign states, to be illegal.

If Americans are doing this without a passport or the permission of the government to which they are visiting then I agree.

Every soldier, businessman, tourist or even those who travel on humanitarian grounds. If they have not been explicitly welcomed or requested, they are there illegally.

You're playing the politics of elementary school (that would be primary school for you folks). Have at it. I'm done.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Tell that to your own government.

I am an Australian citizen. I live in New Zealand.

So, I actually feel that both governments are 'my government'.

I also don't require a visa and can travel across the borders at will. All I need is proof of my person and it's all good.

Although, there are bio-security issues because of the natural isolation of the Islands of New Zealand. We have to be careful that we don't pollute the paradise.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

If Americans are doing this without a passport or the permission of the government to which they are visiting then I agree.

You're playing the politics of elementary school (that would be primary school for you folks). Have at it. I'm done.

No, Americans, especially the military, are doing this all the time across the globe.

In New Zealand, American warships - especially nuclear ones - have always been met with protest, protest which is supported by the NZ government to the extent of which it which enacted nuclear-free legislation.

Despite this, and contrary to government regulation, US nuclear powered submarines and ships continue to flagrantly break our laws and enter our waters and harbors. Unrequested, without visa or passport approvals and despite strong opposition.

Besides that, the American government administers American passports. They are not an invitation from those other countries.

and it isn't primary school stuff. The American government is thuggish and irresponsible. More so now that it is leaning towards the extreme right.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm done tearing down your strawmen.

You've purposefully strayed so far off the topic so as to make this conversation irrelevant.
edit on 29 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm done tearing down your strawmen.

You've purposefully strayed so far off the topic so as to make this conversation irrelevant.

But it does relate to American double standards like making a big thing of one of hundreds of cop killings as if it was surprising that a career criminal was criminal.

He also happened to cross the border like estimated 11 million others who are undocumented within the US but aren't killers, or drug dealers, or drug addicts, or thieves, or rapists, or on social security.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

No, Americans, especially the military, are doing this all the time across the globe.

In New Zealand, American warships - especially nuclear ones - have always been met with protest, protest which is supported by the NZ government to the extent of which it which enacted nuclear-free legislation.

Despite this, and contrary to government regulation, US nuclear powered submarines and ships continue to flagrantly break our laws and enter our waters and harbors. Unrequested, without visa or passport approvals and despite strong opposition.

Besides that, the American government administers American passports. They are not an invitation from those other countries.

and it isn't primary school stuff. The American government is thuggish and irresponsible. More so now that it is leaning towards the extreme right.

No need to hear any more from you than this.

Your simply anti American no matter which nation you reside in.

We are and will continue to be the enemy of the globalist agenda. It's why you hate the bad orange man so s much.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

No need to hear any more from you than this.

Your simply anti American no matter which nation you reside in.

We are and will continue to be the enemy of the globalist agenda. It's why you hate the bad orange man so s much.

Eh?

The US is the globalist agenda!

New World Order (conspiracy theory) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Hahaha
MAGA
America First
Or have you forgotten so soon ?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Hahaha
MAGA
America First
Or have you forgotten so soon ?

Yeah American supremacy much?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
In New Zealand. If someone sneaks into the country, (you know, illegally entering without using the proper legal channels available ) and are caught, they are deported.
For some reason New Zealand wants people to present a passport or some form of documentation or application when they enter the country. How fascist.

Those who are caught illegally entering are NOT offered a lifetime of welfare. They are NOT given a home or any benefits whatsoever.

They are deported.

But if the United States does that: Orange man bad.
edit on 29 12 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join