It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Void discovered in Great Pyramid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hey all---hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday or whatever.....

I've been seeing a few articles about a void discovered in the Great Pyramid......and I was wondering if this was the same one that was debunked already or if this is further information on that? The CNN link I saw was just putrid and I was just wondering if someone is cycling through news on a slow day?

Anywho---from what I recall of the first news of the void was that it was not a void. I know there was some thread about it here already and much discourse of what the void must be.

Just wondering if anyone had any additional information on this? I figured someone would've jumped the thread already today but alas, no

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi
Those rubbishy ancient Egyptian builders, they forgot to fill in the void with ancient Egyptian concrete.
On a more serious note, the pyramid has been standing thousands of years and over the course of time there would have been settling, some piece solid the next bit by it suffers subsidence, result, a void.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It might help if you define "the one that was debunked already."

And if it's the one about which I'm thinking, I'd love to know who's debunking it is that you accept.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm fairly certain the debunking of the void was from the people who carried it out the moun measurement . I am at work so I'm kinda being super intellectually lazy.

The original void news was announced early this year or late last year and there was much speculation about it being a hidden room or chamber and apparently it was nothing.

One of the reasons I was curious is because one of my guilty pleasures is a show called The Curse of Oak Island and they carried out a seismic survey of the money pit and the company announced the discovery of a void previously unknown---much excitement--spot sonic drilled and they found a layer of soft sand between clay that gave a false reading.

I am not trying to say seismic surveys and the process to detect mouns is remotely the same. Just I often find that when my mind wanders into fancy reality tends to rear its ugly head---like finding out a void is just soft sand between clay. No mystery.

IMO I expect ANY void will be found to be the result of settling

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I expect each pyramid to act like one block of solid mass and not to 'settle' internally creating structural damage. The design (Tetrahedron) is the most stable in nature and defines the shape of a Carbon atom.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

In nature sure. But you see----people are this wild card. When they start building things that do not occur in nature.

There is an article out today about some high rise building--brand spanking new with all the latest and greatest--and the smart minds don't know why a crack appeared suddenly around the 10th floor.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So here is the article from November 2017: news.nationalgeographic.com...

And here is the rebuttal from the Japanese scientists working on it: www.asahi.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
Hey all---hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday or whatever.....

I've been seeing a few articles about a void discovered in the Great Pyramid......and I was wondering if this was the same one that was debunked already or if this is further information on that? The CNN link I saw was just putrid and I was just wondering if someone is cycling through news on a slow day?

Anywho---from what I recall of the first news of the void was that it was not a void. I know there was some thread about it here already and much discourse of what the void must be.

Just wondering if anyone had any additional information on this? I figured someone would've jumped the thread already today but alas, no

Same one from back year or so...they know what's is or isn't in there....you know they do.

Even Zawass was saying there's no tunnels or caves under the plateau...then posed for pict. in a cave, another in a tunnel under the Sphinx...which he had said there wasn't one.

It's us that doesn't know...via media...but they know....and a while back there was heavy construction machinery activity going on at night by the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx.

Sorry I can't provide the links rt. now (working)...but your topic is easily searched for the info.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I expect each pyramid to act like one block of solid mass and not to 'settle' internally creating structural damage. The design (Tetrahedron) is the most stable in nature and defines the shape of a Carbon atom.

You would expect wrongly then.
The Great Pyramid itself settled during construction and damaged a structural component in the King's Chamber ceiling that had to be repaired after the area above was already sealed.
The AE's dug a tunnel into the chamber above and did some repair work, then filled the tunnel behind them when they came back out.

Harte
edit on 12/26/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yeah I am working on doing that and not relying on you guys. Most of the information I have sourced is from the news last year. So I haven't found ANYTHING yet that is brand spanking new. Did find this gem that I missed somehow in January though: phys.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

So here is the article from November 2017: news.nationalgeographic.com...

And here is the rebuttal from the Japanese scientists working on it: www.asahi.com...

Neither debunks the void. But there are several interpretations of the data.

Harte

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It is obvious to the CT minded reader … that the recent Void discovery was only a misreading of the scanning image/data...

so that the Actual/real Void could be explored without interference from the nosey public or reporters wanting a "scoop extrodinaire"

o-t-o-h... the void could have been a central location platform area that served as the jiffy-johns placement area for the crew... fossilized turds are all that remain there in the secreted Void

ETA

atlantisiswatusi -> did you click the other sub-link in your physorg link?==https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.04617

kind of redundant...

i was close to that iron throne theme, synchronicity ? or irony?

edit on th31154584494526222018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I cannot find the exact article I remember reading about it....and of course as is the way of things---I never bookmarked the link.

I'm trying but also figuring by throwing up all these links it just illustrates the laymans confusion.

If you have anything solid on this please let fly---I would appreciate the help. The problem with the search is falling into the wrong rabbit hole marked EGYPT

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yes, that one on Nov I did...you know...what if it's a giant interstellar/dimensional craft w a "pilot" needing to be seated?!?

I don't believe that....but...what if?!

Happy Holidays

Yeah I am working on doing that and not relying on you guys. Most of the information I have sourced is from the news last year. So I haven't found ANYTHING yet that is brand spanking new. Did find this gem that I missed somehow in January though: phys.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Color me neutral on this topic---Egyptian Conspiracies so if you have anything to point me towards your line of thinking (other than my article about the Japanese response)

As a casual observer of Hawass during his height---he seemed to be one who thoroughly enjoyed the spotlight. So from that inference I just assumed if there was major discovery that broken the history of Egypt as we know it---he would have been hamming it up for the cameras. I say that with little judgement.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'll have to look into it a bit further, but I don't recall that the actual researchers "debunked" the claim of a void, but it was absolutely presented from the start that many things could contribute to such a detected void, to include a difference in material composition (but if memory serves, it would have had to have been a completely different type of rock or material to create such a reading, and not just some minute gaps opened up from settling).

Remember, if the pyramid has settled enough to create such a reading, it would be massively obvious in the open voids that we know to already exist. While there is evidence of settling, it's not what I (a non-expert) would expect to see if a measurable void was detected as it has been.

Here's an article from about a year ago concerning plans for robotic exploration of the void, but it's pending a re-measurement of the pyramid, which the article notes:

Tayoubi emphasized that robot exploration is not the immediate goal of the Scan Pyramids project, but rather something that may be considered in the future.

Muon testing and analysis is a slow process and will take at least a year before the Scan Pyramids team has new results, Tayoubi said. In addition to their research, the scientists are working with documentary makers to create "Secrets of the Dead: Scanning the Pyramids." That will premiere Jan. 24, 2018, at 10 p.m. local time on PBS ...

LiveScience

Maybe you're hearing something about the results of the new results? Maybe it's PBS or the ScanPyramids folks revving up the marketing from the documentary?

Who knows. I wish that you would provide a link or explanation where you heard the (possibly) new updates, as I can't find anything about new results. The original publishing of the findings was in Nov of 2017, so it's been a while.
edit on 26-12-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

The AE's dug a tunnel into the chamber above and did some repair work, then filled the tunnel behind them when they came back out.

Is there more than just proposed/accepted hypotheses about this being the case? That's a serious question, because I've never seen hard evidence about it that I can remember.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reddit is the last place I saw any discussion on the issue.

Another article mentions that the ScanPyramids project actually found two voids. The other, smaller void is close to the perimeter wall of the pyramid, and may be possible to explore with very small robots. The larger void will have to be "explored" by continued muon scanning. The longer they do it for, the clearer the picture becomes. "Has it been quietly debunked?" No, this is not fringe science. The Nagoya University in Japan, the High Energy Accelerator Research Organization in Japan, and the Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission in France all sent teams to verify the results, using nuclear emulsion plates, a scintillator hodoscope and muon telescopes, respectively. We will have to wait until the ScanPyramids team releases a new paper with their findings. Until then it's all guesswork.

Whatever happened to that hidden chamber found in the Great Pyramid last year?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm working from backwards----I just finished my lunch so I'm about to tuck in so to speak. Slow day int he world of work so I have waaaaaaay more time than I anticipated. My guys are doing nuthin which means I have nuthin lol

----I can't find it. I think they posted it this morning as a re-hash and once it started to trend they pulled it down. I cannot find a single CNN article dealing with this except for the one from last year. So it appears to definitely be a rehash. I'm still looking

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Here is the closest link---www.newspressnow.com...

It appears to definitely be the same video from last year. I must've not watched the whole thing for exactly this reason. That why I was trying to find a different source and just jumped on here to ask questions

<<   2  3  4 >>

join