It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Void discovered in Great Pyramid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

The pyramid itself may be rock solid, the ground underneath could have settled or shifted a tiny bit.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Okay all---thanks for your participation thus far. I found this article which I read before. This is the main source of my "dubunked" claim which is admittedly me getting a jump on things. www.news.com.au... 021caf6233a265c0d84b7277812

So it seems we are still waiting on other testing data.

NOW---is there anyone with a little knowledge about this Dr. Lightbody? (by the way---what a apt name for a guy being a pessimist about this particular subject). His comments--to me---make complete sense. But I am not an architect and that seems to be where most of his "takedown' comes from.
edit on pm31Wednesdaypm123102123pm by atlantiswatusi because: Forgot to include link

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The link did not work---let me repaste here

www.news.com.au... 021caf6233a265c0d84b7277812

UPDATE--the link down not work but if you search on the site for Dr. Lightbody it will give you the article
edit on pm31Wednesdaypm123105053pm by atlantiswatusi because: link broken

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

This link worked in preview.

Great Pyramid’s hidden chamber may be a trick of perspective, Egyptologist warns

It is possible that these spaces were filled with a low-density sand or mortar that do not absorb muons to the same extent as the surrounding core blocks, however, at this stage it is difficult to estimate if this could be the case as the ScanPyramids team have not published test results that compare the muon absorption rates of the different materials used to build the pyramid, and which could be used to calibrate predictive models.

Here is his paper PDF, link to it is found in the above link.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Much thanks for that paper link. Just curious---did you know where to look for the paper or did you google search his name? I hadn't got that far yet

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

I did what you suggested and searched the website. Then read the report and the link to his paper was there

Here is his paper PDF, link to it is found in the above link.

edit on 26-12-2018 by LookingAtMars because: add

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I only got two results---but I only checked once---it brought up the article and something about a world stargazing article I bypassed.

As I read through his paper I am discovering something I never thought I would admit to---The Curse of Oak Island---the folly that show is--actually taught me something. I wasn't sure if Muon detection and seismic scans would create similar anomalies but he does suggest the void may be filled with sand. I made a earlier comment about a "void" on the show turning out to be a layer of soft sand between clay.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
a reply to: St Udio

Color me neutral on this topic---Egyptian Conspiracies so if you have anything to point me towards your line of thinking (other than my article about the Japanese response)

As a casual observer of Hawass during his height---he seemed to be one who thoroughly enjoyed the spotlight. So from that inference I just assumed if there was major discovery that broken the history of Egypt as we know it---he would have been hamming it up for the cameras. I say that with little judgement.

I disagree, especially if that major discovery went against the status quo he’s built his career on i.e. water erosion on the Sphinx.

As far as I know the footprint of the great pyramid hasn’t changed and they’re wonders of the world due to amazing construction so I don’t by an ‘oopsie we messed up on this one part that will cause a massive void that will go undetected for thousands of years after Harte’s example of repairs”.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Harte

I cannot find the exact article I remember reading about it....and of course as is the way of things---I never bookmarked the link.

I'm trying but also figuring by throwing up all these links it just illustrates the laymans confusion.

If you have anything solid on this please let fly---I would appreciate the help. The problem with the search is falling into the wrong rabbit hole marked EGYPT

This is all I can tell you.
There have been a couple of papers with different interpretations - one claims it might be two voids - and that such a void (or voids) are not unusual in a pyramid. They are relics of the construction method and aren't the same as obvious chambers that had some use.
Of course, no way to tell until we drill into the interior of this one.

In any case, the existence of the void has never been debunked. There's no reason to bother debunking it.

Harte

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: Harte

The AE's dug a tunnel into the chamber above and did some repair work, then filled the tunnel behind them when they came back out.

Is there more than just proposed/accepted hypotheses about this being the case? That's a serious question, because I've never seen hard evidence about it that I can remember.

Here's an article about it:
link

You can find plenty more about the repair the AEs did, if you'll look for it.

Harte

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Okay all---thanks for your participation thus far. I found this article which I read before. This is the main source of my "dubunked" claim which is admittedly me getting a jump on things. www.news.com.au... 021caf6233a265c0d84b7277812

So it seems we are still waiting on other testing data.

NOW---is there anyone with a little knowledge about this Dr. Lightbody? (by the way---what a apt name for a guy being a pessimist about this particular subject). His comments--to me---make complete sense. But I am not an architect and that seems to be where most of his "takedown' comes from.

Link wasn't working - you need to use the "link" function differently to place it I guess.

Here is the link corrected:
Link

Harte
edit on 12/26/2018 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Here is the closest link---www.newspressnow.com...

It appears to definitely be the same video from last year. I must've not watched the whole thing for exactly this reason. That why I was trying to find a different source and just jumped on here to ask questions

When i click the link i get this message...interesting !

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 816-271-8500.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Why are the pyramids on the US 1$ bill?

If i had to put any money on it, 50 - 500 thousand years old. Doubt they where where before the dinosaurs at 2 Million years, but could be a part of their evolution... to us.

Why is nothing said about the other pyramids in that great complex with the sphinx?

Really there is only one way in, blast your way through like the first explore did. With the current head of Egyptology caught up in its party and narrow minded line don't expect much anytime soon. Why is the well at the bottom of the great pyramid just full of sand? It is a much easier medium to get through than stone, but not for our our bodies.

There has been no inner collapsing of the pyramids, their outer surface still has a precision we would be hard match to make with todays technology. Unfortunately we do live in a quagmire of information if you really want to know. Take your time, do your home work and the false perceptions do fall apart.

In todays world with the risk of nuclear war, maybe it is better we do not open these treasures just yet. With so much fake media around, the trust to handle what insights might be there is not ready. These building can easily handle a few more hundred of thousand of years of waiting before it's surface culture is ready.

If you really want to date the age of the pyramids, then measure the shift of it with the orion constellation. The size of these buildings do match the intensity of these stars, the locations have moved a little over the generations, but does provide a measure of where I would my money for how old they really are.

For another way in, stop listening to your inner mind and start listening to the greater environment. Doing your homework helps heaps with providing some context.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
If you really want to date the age of the pyramids, then measure the shift of it with the orion constellation.

I wonder why you think this, since there have been two different assays of C14 in the carbon chunks in the mortar of the GP (and multiple other buildings/samples at Giza) that place the GP construction date approximately in agreement with the Mainstream estimate of 2600 BCE.

Harte

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

How the size of the pyramids matches the intensity of light from the origin constellation is a big WTF. How the locations of the pyramids is so close, but not on line these days is a strong heads head up for where things are really at. It is expected to have some galactic drift over the eons, with todays technology there is the potential to measure that drift, and also the the time since the pyramids where built.

How the alignments of those narrow chambers match up to Sirius and Orion on special occasions is a clear warning bell of galactic influences with this construction. And this Earth, maybe it is a better thing left untouched with so many 'all about me' idiots around.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

How the size of the pyramids matches the intensity of light from the origin constellation is a big WTF. How the locations of the pyramids is so close, but not on line these days is a strong heads head up for where things are really at. It is expected to have some galactic drift over the eons, with todays technology there is the potential to measure that drift, and also the the time since the pyramids where built.

How the alignments of those narrow chambers match up to Sirius and Orion on special occasions is a clear warning bell of galactic influences with this construction. And this Earth, maybe it is a better thing left untouched with so many 'all about me' idiots around.

Seems you've allowed yourself to be misled, and on top of that simply ignore the evidence you don't wish to consider. So you prefer to remain misled.

Harte

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

a reply to: St Udio

Color me neutral on this topic---Egyptian Conspiracies so if you have anything to point me towards your line of thinking (other than my article about the Japanese response)

As a casual observer of Hawass during his height---he seemed to be one who thoroughly enjoyed the spotlight. So from that inference I just assumed if there was major discovery that broken the history of Egypt as we know it---he would have been hamming it up for the cameras. I say that with little judgement.

Wow such a weird idea about Hawass...the guy is a known spook...and you give him credence ?

His chin alone disqualifies...liar unto death...screaming demon scumball familiar to others...buddy is a COMPLETE PROGRAM we dont need.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

If you really want to date the age of the pyramids, then measure the shift of it with the orion constellation.

I wonder why you think this, since there have been two different assays of C14 in the carbon chunks in the mortar of the GP (and multiple other buildings/samples at Giza) that place the GP construction date approximately in agreement with the Mainstream estimate of 2600 BCE.

Harte
C14 in the carbon...are you capable of anything else

We hope so...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Harte
C14 in the carbon...are you capable of anything else

We hope so...

Beyond what you hope for, which is pretty far down my list of important things, there is no reason to go any further than the C14 dates at all, as you apparently know since you make no effort to contradict them.

Harte

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It is only possible to date the GP
from dating the paint in paintings on the walls
as the GP was constructed without morter or cement,
like the massive granite
constructions in Peru and Bolivia.
The C14 dates measure when the when the dynastic Egyptians were
using mortar to repair it and the
Sphinx, both of which pre-date the
dynastics by 1000's of years.

edit on 28-12-2018 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join