It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between Russians and Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

And the Russians at parties like to play acoustic guitar and sing songs. For example, I have the Spanish "Admiral Malaga", and I am an old rocker)))

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Do not believe propaganda. Try to find out information and think critically. thank

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Coconut water? Psh. Real americans drink whiskey before doing yoga.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: RussianTroll

The only Russian I've ever met was a US Marine reservist who was a firefighter at his regular job.

His family immigrated to the US when he was a kid. He got his full citizenship the proper way. His family lived out in the sticks in western Virginia.

This guy was a straight up country redneck with the cowboy boots and hat and a giant belt buckle. And a really thick Russian accent.

Really cool guy, but he was like some ridiculous cartoon character. It was awesome.

I think that the multicultural cauldron gives rise to such cartoon people)))

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
JFYI Most people in America, go home and have dinner with their families. We are not into the Happy Hour drinking crap. Most people cant afford it. But, if your single and dont have anyone at home, then the Happy Hour thing might be where you spend your evenings.

In my opinion, a person who has no family and friends, a lonely person is very unhappy.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Спасибо. Я тоже думаю, что настоящих друзей не может быть много. Только несколько. К сожаленю ритм современной жизни не позволяет частно встречаться(

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Not all Americans are superficial, but some certainly are, and social media (here) highlights this superficiality. People bare their souls for 'likes' on social media. Or so it seems. Many of these people want other people to think they are something other than they are.

Russians are not nearly as outwardly emotional as Americans are. To see a great example of this, just go to one of the many dash-cam videos of car crashes in Russia (practically everyone has a dash-cam, for legal reasons, it seems). Listen to the audio, and compare that with a similar video from the US. There can be a catastrophic accident in front of them and there is almost no expression at all. In the US, the same event / video people would be screaming and freaking out. When I first started noticing this I first thought it was because of the sheer number of accidents, but the more I watched these it's clear it is a distinct cultural difference.

In any case, please don't get me wrong, I love America and the people of America, but I love and respect people of other cultures too.

Note - Regarding your use of Google translate; either Google translate works much better in Russia than it does here, or you already have an excellent command of the English language. When I use Google translate to convert to Russian it often makes no sense at all.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

The problem is politics, that's what dividing us.

I could go to the theater and be seated between a Russian and an American, and all three of us would laugh. But in the political world that would start mayham, I could be accused of colluding with the Russians or the US, but the truth is we normal folk just wanna be friends, and friends can have disagreements.

edit on 20-12-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You are right, but in part. Of course, the Russians have always developed a collective. Even the Russian version of communism, imposed on us by the West, has transformed greatly in Russia. Perhaps this is because the Russians have reflected external aggression throughout their history, but you cannot do it alone. But, as Orthodox Christians, Russians know that in the end you will be alone before God, alone, and you will personally answer your sins.
Therefore, I believe that in Russian collectivism and individualism are balanced.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I specifically took such a nickname and avatar. If they start accusing me of being a troll, a hacker, a spy, etc., as is now common in the West, then I will answer that I am honest. I honestly showed it)))

Or...it could just stand for "RT". (that was a joke).

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm going out on a limb here and am guessing that this woman lived in a large metropolitan area.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

And sing "prison rock" Elvis?

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: caterpillage

And sing "prison rock" Elvis?

Prison rock today is tupac...

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
RT,

Question for you; how much do you know about eastern Russia, the Siberian region in particular?

Have you ever been there?

I find life in this part of the world extremely interesting, particularly with how the Russian government deals with it. I am speaking of areas like the Chukotka Okrug area of far north eastern Russia. It is so difficult to get information about this region, yet there is so much to learn.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You're thinking of "Jailhouse Rock".

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Maybe you're right. But there are nuances. Previously, at the sight of the accident, most Russians tried to help the victims faster, even if it was dangerous. Now many people just pull out smartphones and shoot videos. The cost of globalization ((

About Google translator. I guess I just write comfortably for him. I have a lot of journalistic and analytical articles, adapted)))

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

You're thinking of "Jailhouse Rock".

Of course, sorry)))

He did not die, he just flew away))
edit on 20-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
In Russia, people not need use deodorant.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Probably because they often go to the bathhouse (Russian banya) )))

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Must be tough for all those russian mail order brides...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join