It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Flynn sentencing delayed as judge tells ex-Trump official: 'You sold your country out'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: olaru12

I think he'll resign too. he'll whine and cry and shout how unfair people have been to him his whole life.

then he'll slink back to trump towers and his 24k gold toilet. he's a clown.

My money's on him getting 25th-ed out of office, due to health issues. Easy and saves face for him and the country. He'll do it after making some behind the scenes, back room, protection deals.

We'll be sure to revisit this. You guys have been wrong for so long and for so many times, what's a little more?

Some of us are keeping a tally.

You should make a "How will Trump leave office?" predication thread, with posters predicting how and when! I'd post. No shame.

You know, for your tally.

edit on 18-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Cassi3l
[post]a reply to: SlapMonkey

Flynn could have known that lying in official statements in illegal, but that doesn't mean that he was advised about it nor that he was told that it was an official interview

Yeah, ok, i get that one.

it provides us with a conundrum
The Triple Down Plausable Deniability Clause !
Would/could/should've known...
Is ignorance to the law exonerating ?

Flynn is no spring chicken, he's been around, seen a lot ... done a lot
he would sure-as-hell have known, that you do not lie to the FBI

You'll get caught
It's a no-no
You'll get the Hammer

Films and T.V series get made about people lying to the Feds fer chrissakes !!

Unless you’re Hillary or on her team of course.

Unless you are indeed a crook
plain and simple
Is it realy that hard to get ?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I think he'll resign too. he'll whine and cry and shout how unfair people have been to him his whole life.

My money's on him getting 25th-ed out of office, due to health issues. Easy and saves face for him and the country. He'll do it after making some behind the scenes, back room, protection deals.

We'll be sure to revisit this. You guys have been wrong for so long and for so many times, what's a little more?

Good because it will make my "I told you so" that much more awesome and your tears that much sweeter.

I called the election wrong and had to eat one of my shoes and lost a lot of money betting on the dembs. Maybe I can get some of it back....
edit on 18-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

wishful thinking ??

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Part of his job was not telling foreigner who have just been sanctioned not to worry about that because the next president is gonna take care of it for you.
And I have not read the whole interview but supposedly he was meeting and texting and calling and emailing all to Kisliak. That was not part of his job as NSA it was his job at collusion...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SlapMonkey

They are using these guys to get to trump.

That's what they hope is the outcome. Personally, I think that there's a lot of "legal" extortion going on in order to get what they want, and it disgusts me. My profession straddles both the federal justice system and federal law enforcement--what is happening in this special counsel is a bastardization of both systems.

We both know that and we both know that they are not wasting anyones time...

No, that's what you believe. Don't project that onto me.

Manafort was dealing with the Russians right up until he was arrested. The republican statement on Ukraine was changed because of him.

Manafort was doing nothing with the Russians in regard to the election. "Dealing with the Russians" is not a crime in itself.

Flynn was telling Russia dont fret the sanctions... Mr trump will take care of it for you.

And interesting characterization, but let's play that game. The result was that, instead of punishing the lowest common denominator with sanctions after sanctions, Trump went with attempts at diplomacy instead. Why is that bad?

Papadopolis was telling foreign dignitaries all about the russians working to get trump elected.
Stone... Corsi.... Page all worked with russians to effect the election.

Papadopolis gossiped about possible (but unknown to him) emails that Russia claimed to have...big whoop.

Stone, possibly (not yet proven at all).

Corsi, no.

Page, not in a way that matters concerning election issues.

This is fun and all, but I have real-world concerns to deal with. Maybe I'll pick this up tomorrow, maybe not.

Best regards.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Good because it will make my "I told you so" that much more awesome and your tears that much sweeter.

I don't make prophetic claims about the future. That's your bag, baby.

And hey, who knows? you might manage to say something true for once. There is always that.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

But I'm not arguing any of that--but there are procedures in place, and just like reading Miranda Rights, some things are illegally obtained (statements) when a person is not advised that they are in an official investigation and that anything that they say is subject to laws governing false statements.

I'm not saying that necessarily applies here, but it is a reality.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

That's soo grody

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Manafort was one foot away from a grave through poison if he didn't get some money for Oleg Deripaska. He was waving his association with trump around like it was a blank check. Who knows what they may have agreed to. There was that meeting with Konstantin Kilimnik on Deripaska's behalf and we do not know what was promised in that but I have a feeling that Mueller does.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

was he so stupid he didnt know not to lie to the FBI?

And he told that same lie weeks before any alphabet people questioned him.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

LOL I remember the word but I dont remember what it meant. I remember it was ...to the max...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

was he so stupid he didnt know not to lie to the FBI?

Not according to his own statements.

I think it's a safe bet that if the FBI is asking you questions it has something to do with an investigation.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Exactly. There is no excuse. He was not new to government.
and his statement in court left no room for doubt that he acted willfully and knowingly.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well he was tricked into it. Comey has admitted that fact in the past couple of days.
When fbi or doj officials want to interview members of the executive branch there are certain protocols they are supposed to use such as having white house counsel sitting in interview and looking questions over before allowing interviewed to answer. Come said yes he knew of these protocols but he sent several agent to white house to interview flynn because he believed the new administration would not know of the protocols and wanted to get around them. After hearing this if I was Trump I would grant Flynn a pardon an a pardon then I would bring comey up on charges of sedition for violating Don protocols and purposely trying to harass the office of the President and to interfere with its actions.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Well he was tricked into it.

"Mr. Flynn, I am from the FBI. We have some questions for you. Will you sit down with us?" Tricky bastards.

edit on 12/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

Part of his job was not telling foreigner who have just been sanctioned not to worry about that because the next president is gonna take care of it for you.
And I have not read the whole interview but supposedly he was meeting and texting and calling and emailing all to Kisliak. That was not part of his job as NSA it was his job at collusion...

Now you are simply making up crap
The govt would charge a process crime but not anything else?
That is just stupid.
Jesus they are going after the fara violations, if they had anything else they wouldn't let flynn walk.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It’s a chess game. Take out a Rook while trying to trap the King.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
It’s a chess game. Take out a Rook while trying to trap the King.

The govt recommended no jail time.
Where do you people get this crap from?

The big fish is the 2 charged with fara violations?

Real nice clark.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
RED FLAG!

CNN ran a special segment on how "fair" judge Emmet Sullivan has been over the decades.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join