It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to Deploy 5,000 Troops to Southern Border

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Germany should be able to care for themselves, no?
Yes.
40,000 troops would pretty much sew your southern border up and be cheaper than deployment overseas.
Win win.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Mostly because they haven't had to very often.

Panch Villa. Mexican-American War. War of 1812. That's about it, isn't it??

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Annee

If the border is closed, or, at the least, controlled (that's my preference), then it shouldn't escalate, should it?

I've several friends who've lived their entire lives just a short walk from the border--both sides of it--and I've been, back in the day, across the border several times without issue, except for that old man and his evil tempered peppers, and it's become extremely dangerous in places

Much as we could wish it otherwise, those days of just crossing back and forth are gone--likely never to return.

The situation for many on the border, you yourself mentioned it, is not good, in many places. Part of solving that, is controlling entry and egress to and from.

Agreed.

But, what's being "pedaled" in the media is mostly political propaganda.

It reminds me of the Watts riots. I was there in Los Angeles. It was a fairly small confined area. My relatives sent us papers from Ohio. From their papers you'd have thought it was Armageddon.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

My bad, I created a similar thread and probably took some foot traffic away from yours. I find this incredibly important so thanks for bringing it up.

I feel that this is the next step in conditioning people to accept the humvees and military armored vehicles and troops carrying M4s on our own soil.

It is absolutely a violation and should not be happening, but those blinded by politics will not see through this and will support it instead. I want to say we'll see this same military rounding people up in a few years, but things are just moving faster and faster all the time. I think we will see that much sooner.

MA(NWO)A

MANA?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

If I was Trump I'd pull all your troops from Germany and get them on the border instead. It is the job of the military to defend a nations border from invaders.

You know if we just built a wall they would be hard pressed in getting over it... just saying...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

If I was Trump I'd pull all your troops from Germany and get them on the border instead. It is the job of the military to defend a nations border from invaders.

You know if we just built a wall they would be hard pressed in getting over it... just saying...
Britain would build a wall if we had a leaky land border. The UK has spent millions on fences in France to keep migrants off the trains and ferries.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

GREAT! I was disappointed when I heard that they were sending 500 at first. I still think 5,000 is too little when we have thousands ready to tear through our borders and enter our country illegally, as that is an act of war.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

And it should be visible from the Moon, so no aliens get crazy ideas.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: shooterbrody

No, the congress decides what is a threat not one man. That would be tyrrany.

You clearly had no civics education.
POTUS is the CIC and determines what is a threat.
Congress declares war.
It is NOT the same thing.
It is in NO way tyranny.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

What are your thoughts on it do you think it's the right thing to do, to stop an invading force? Or do you think regular leo's could handle it?

Maybe we could form a circle and sing Kum ba ya as they push their way through?????

I prefer Red Rover, see who can break through.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Lol even I knew that and I'm a Brit.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
How might Mexico feel about having 5k US troops on their border?

How would US citizens and govt. feel, if Mexico decided to send 5k Mexican troops to their northern border?

If this caravan is so illegal and dangerous, why is Mexico not dealing with them?

Is the caravan not over 1000 miles away from the US border?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: putnam6

"Nice to see that the US still has a sense of right and wrong. Next weeks election should make many trumpsters weep and knash their teeth. I believe that this will be the end of the right in the US. They will be called out as fascists and racist. They will be shamed in their communites, and dragged down as subhuman dogs."

"Subhuman dogs"? You need to have a quiet word with yourself, mate.

Meh. Poor chap is only repeating what he's been told to repeat. He's right and everyone that disagrees with him is wrong, and subhuman.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Asylum seeker vs invader

It's a tricky one (speaking Constitutionally)

They were offerred asylum in Mexico...refused it, so obviously not asylum seekers. Also, asylum seekers would not illegally enter a country, they would follow protocol.

Not much of a debate on their intent (invasion and give me all the FREE stuffs), while They risk their kids lives for political purposes.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

How does Mexico feel...? Who cares? So long as our troops stay on our side, what's the boggle?

As for how we feel, or would feel, if Mexico had 5000 troops on our border...? Who cares, so long as they stay on that side of the border.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: queenofswords
If you lived in a border state, you would be happy to see our military keeping invaders from rushing over the border into our country like a swarm of locusts. We have legal processes for dealing with this kind of thing.

Don't think for a second that our president and military intelligence don't know who is behind this invasion. It is too bad that some innocent migrants are being used as a Trojan Horse.

I live on the border and NO I'm not happy about deploying the military there.

Increase the BP budget and let them hire and properly train their own officers.

Outside agencies not properly trained tend to get in the way and cause more problems.

Why? How long will it take to train them? As soon as a gun gets prematurely discharged people will be on here screaming and stomping about ill-trained Border Patrol Agents, then when the mass of invaders goes away, we'll be stuck paying for the salary of hundreds or thousands more BP agents.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Not much to add here other than, doesnt this violate the Posse Comitatus Act?

Actually it doesn’t. Because despite what some people here think these troops aren’t going to stop anyone crossing the border. By law they can’t. So they just assist in support and administrative duty, vehicle maintenance etc.

The idea is that their support frees up more of the border patrol to round up immigrants. It seems a lot of people here have a warped view of what’s going on at the border.

This is only labeled an “invasion” because Trump is trying to rile up his base with the idea that the border is under siege before the midterms. The only thing new about these “caravans” is that they’re called caravans. These mass migrations have been happening every year for the past 20 years, with some bigger than what’s on its way now.

Yeah except Americans were calling this an invasion before Trump said anything about it. Nice try though. Y'all said the same thing when people stopped watching the NFL months before Trump brought it up.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hopefully they go there with a Shoot to Kill ROE. Anything else is pointless.

Personally I would drone them.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

"Nice to see that the US still has a sense of right and wrong. Next weeks election should make many trumpsters weep and knash their teeth. I believe that this will be the end of the right in the US. They will be called out as fascists and racist. They will be shamed in their communites, and dragged down as subhuman dogs."

Meh. Poor chap is only repeating what he's been told to repeat. He's right and everyone that disagrees with him is wrong, and subhuman.

Once again if you check the thread completely the quote is from Jason Billung I calling hom out for his violent rhetoric and then decided what was the point...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

THE FIRST PARAGRAPH HAS BEEN PULLED FROM THIS POST ITS ALL BEEN REMOVED, I QUOTED THE JASONBILUNG POST BEFORE IT WAS REMOVED . I WAS CALLING HIM OUT FOR HIS VIOLENT RHETORIC ... I IN NO WAY AGREE OR APPROVE OF HIS POSTING.GLAD IT WAS REMOVED FOR MANNERS VIOLATIONS.CARRY ON

(post by JasonBillung removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join