It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to Deploy 5,000 Troops to Southern Border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: putnam6

"Nice to see that the US still has a sense of right and wrong. Next weeks election should make many trumpsters weep and knash their teeth. I believe that this will be the end of the right in the US. They will be called out as fascists and racist. They will be shamed in their communites, and dragged down as subhuman dogs."

"Subhuman dogs"? You need to have a quiet word with yourself, mate.

Meh. Poor chap is only repeating what he's been told to repeat. He's right and everyone that disagrees with him is wrong, and subhuman.

Once again if you check the thread completely the quote is from Jason Billung I calling hom out for his violent rhetoric and then decided what was the point...

THE FIRST PARAGRAPH HAS BEEN PULLED FROM THIS POST ITS ALL BEEN REMOVED, I QUOTED THE JASONBILUNG POST BEFORE IT WAS REMOVED . I WAS CALLING HIM OUT FOR HIS VIOLENT RHETORIC ... I IN NO WAY AGREE OR APPROVE OF HIS POSTING.GLAD IT WAS REMOVED FOR MANNERS VIOLATIONS.CARRY ON

(post by JasonBillung removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

The Insurrection Act gives the president the power to use military domestically. Its vague enough to allow him to use it for border defense if he deems it a threat to national security. It was never intended to not be able to use the military domestically. The whole reason posse comitatus was passed by congress is the south was worried the North would attack southerners as retribution for the civil war.

And in fact there were indeed incidents of the military harassing southerners. As part of the healing process it was made illegal but was never meant to be a permanent change. Because there was a great debate when they discussed stopping a US invasion.

In fact interestingly enough this wouldn't be the first time US troops were used to stop people from crossing the mexican border. Starting in 1915 they had a severe problem with poncho Villa crossing the border and attacking amaricans. Us troops were deployed to the border to stop these raids. So there is plenty of history to allow the military to secure the border.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Good. We are about to have a foreign, hostile invading force hit us from the South... this is exactly why we have a standing military. God speed to every one of those Patriots defending this nation from enemies, foreign and if needed, domestic.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Good. We are about to have a foreign, hostile invading force hit us from the South... this is exactly why we have a standing military. God speed to every one of those Patriots defending this nation from enemies, foreign and if needed, domestic.

Lets be realistic the caravan is just a publicity stunt. 7000 people is nothing when you have 1800 a day disappear after crossing into the country illegally. By the way border patrol claims they catch about 80 percent to give you an idea of the numbers.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Lets be realistic the caravan is just a publicity stunt. 7000 people is nothing when you have 1800 a day disappear after crossing into the country illegally. By the way border patrol claims they catch about 80 percent to give you an idea of the numbers.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
Hopefully they go there with a Shoot to Kill ROE. Anything else is pointless.

Personally I would drone them.

ooops.
You accidentally said that out loud...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: shooterbrody

No, the congress decides what is a threat not one man. That would be tyrrany.

in 1898 (in United States v. Wong Kim Ark) that the Supreme Court expanded the constitutional mandate, holding that the children of legal, permanent residents were automatically citizens. While the decision could be (and is often) read more broadly, the court has never held that the clause confers automatic citizenship on the children of temporary visitors, much less of illegal residents.

The broader reading is a constitutional misreading.

But it is the principle of the matter that is most problematic. The broad claim of automatic birthright citizenship traces its roots more to the feudal concept of perpetual allegiance of subjects to kings, rather than equal rights and the consent of the governed. It violates bedrock American principles and undermines the rule of law.

Nobody is talking about repealing the 14th Amendment, or taking away anyone's citizenship. Nor must we amend the Constitution. But Congress needs to clarify the extent of birthright citizenship. It should do so as part of a clear and meaningful policy concerning immigration, naturalization, and citizenship that is consistent with the core principles and highest ideals of the United States.

So NO its not tyranny. Its not a rewrite or amendment or breaking of the 14th amendment either. If push comes to shove send it to the supreme court in a emergency case to be heard before they get here.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Dude, did you mean to post that in one of the "birthright citizenship" threads?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The real problem is why they are leaving their homes -- not that they are coming.

Yes - clearly the solution to this whole mess, is to turn the clock back a century or two and revert the USA back into a 3rd-world sh#t hole nation, so that they don't even want to come over anymore. In which case... solution is to keep letting them over I guess, and that'll take care of itself?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Now apparently some in the caravan have opened fire.
beforeitsnews.com... most recent.
edit on 31-10-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: yuppa

Dude, did you mean to post that in one of the "birthright citizenship" threads?

It still Applies to the subject.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

originally posted by: Annee
The real problem is why they are leaving their homes -- not that they are coming.

Yes - clearly the solution to this whole mess, is to turn the clock back a century or two and revert the USA back into a 3rd-world sh#t hole nation, so that they don't even want to come over anymore. In which case... solution is to keep letting them over I guess, and that'll take care of itself?

How does your comment even relate to mine?

You know you can rant without responding to a post.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I am confused?
Whose job is it to protect the border from an invasion?

MacGuyver.

I have a few foreign friends, they say Americans are becoming irrational and paranoid. A few months ago I helped an asian lady out when she couldn't reach a item on the top shelf in the supermarket, she was grateful. I didn't throw a tantrum and yell 'this is my country, we are going to build a wall.'

And the last time I checked, an invasion is a military offensive.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

And? Not sure if your point is you have friends or your taller than an Asian woman. You know the other day i helped a German woman find a bar. And yes i was taller than her.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I hope that you didn't mention the war..........

<< 5  6  7   >>

join