It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to Deploy 5,000 Troops to Southern Border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

a reply to: neo96
Around 40,000 US troops kicking their heels in Germany alone, just deploy them at the border, it would save a fortune.

Again -- a vacancy will be filled by someone.

Sounds like you prefer US troops to be in Germany instead of defending your border?
I'd be massively against the waste of money in Germany if I was a US citizen.

I don't know what their purpose is in Germany.

Why US Troops are in Germany:

1. They are in Germany in support of our allies and NATO. Germany is the heart of NATO even thought the headquarters are in Belgium. In case of a conflict, the US can deploy easily from their long established bases and not from “across the pond.”

2. Germany, as a friendly ally, provides the US with a launching pad for efforts in Afghanistan.

3. Bases in Germany are strategically placed to provide a midway point for the US military in Europe. This gives us great maneuverability and flexibility in addressing conflict and just maintaining our presence there is a deterrent to bad actors.

4. It is an established and major communications hub for our military and allies. We are in the heart of LEADERSHIP by being in germany. We therefore have greater. POWER and AUTHORITY.

There are more reasons, these are just a few.

The bottom line is that it is far more in our interest to have these bases that it is to spend the extreme amount of money and resources to abandon them.

I agree with you.

I see a bigger picture.

Isolationism mentality is going backwards IMO.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
That tricky old constitution tying your hands again when it comes to defending the national border.
Tens of thousands of troops all over the world and a border with Mexico as leaky as a broken colander. It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

a reply to: neo96
Around 40,000 US troops kicking their heels in Germany alone, just deploy them at the border, it would save a fortune.

Again -- a vacancy will be filled by someone.

Sounds like you prefer US troops to be in Germany instead of defending your border?
I'd be massively against the waste of money in Germany if I was a US citizen.

I don't know what their purpose is in Germany.

Why US Troops are in Germany:

1. They are in Germany in support of our allies and NATO. Germany is the heart of NATO even thought the headquarters are in Belgium. In case of a conflict, the US can deploy easily from their long established bases and not from “across the pond.”

2. Germany, as a friendly ally, provides the US with a launching pad for efforts in Afghanistan.

3. Bases in Germany are strategically placed to provide a midway point for the US military in Europe. This gives us great maneuverability and flexibility in addressing conflict and just maintaining our presence there is a deterrent to bad actors.

4. It is an established and major communications hub for our military and allies. We are in the heart of LEADERSHIP by being in germany. We therefore have greater. POWER and AUTHORITY.

There are more reasons, these are just a few.

The bottom line is that it is far more in our interest to have these bases that it is to spend the extreme amount of money and resources to abandon them.

I agree with you.

I see a bigger picture.

Isolationism mentality is going backwards IMO.

Yeah - this wasn’t so much posted for you as it was for those who may not see anything beyond our borders as being relevant to the defense of the US.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: queenofswords

Since when is our military an "outside agency".

Ask the Border Patrol.

As far as Trump goes -- he feeds his worshippers.

If you listened carefully they told you what the soldiers would do. They would build barracades along the border. In the past they were frequently used to create infrastructure. The military could start with fences and even build walls the construction batallions are well equipped to do the job.

www.breitbart.com...

I'm not interested in what Breitbart has to say.

Are you aware that we already have a fence in the area this caravan is headed to?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
When was the last time troops were deployed to the US border?
Pancho Villa around 1900 if I recall and the US/Canada border in the war of 1812 before that.
About time they perform their primary function.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: shooterbrody

I see. Like all those UN Resolutions concerning Israel, perhaps?

List of UN Resolutions Concerning Israel

twist it however you like
IMO we should cease being the worlds law enforcement
Israel has demonstrated they are capable of defending themselves
let them have at it

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: gladtobehere

maybe he will push a few clicks into mexico.

we could annex Tijuana. and then el presidente would build a new hotel and golf course

EL Trump Tijana

Just take the entire continent if you're gonna go through the trouble to do that...

These people have been under poor governance for far too long! When is somebody gonna DO SOMETHING?

Think of THE CHILDREN!! What are you some uncaring monster? INVADE LATIN AMERICA NOW!!!! Kill off every last cartel in every last s# hole nation!

Or they could just save a lot of time, and effort, and elect an American as their president...and every other major political position.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

We are not going backward. We are adjusting our coordinates and heading forward keeping America at the helm and its people stronger, safer, wealthier, and yes...greater.

We aren't isolationists, but we are not globalists either.

We operate around the world in a global environment, but we do it now with our people's best interests at heart.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That tricky old constitution tying your hands again when it comes to defending the national border.
Tens of thousands of troops all over the world and a border with Mexico as leaky as a broken colander. It doesn't make sense to me.

The southern border is not that leaky. There's a lot of propaganda.

The more money poured into the southern border -- the faster and more frequent the coastal boats get.

We gonna put a fence along both our ocean coasts too?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Have you not already got fences on beaches at the shore border?!
Sounds even more leaky now if all you have do is swim or walk on the sand until it is US territory!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Here's the border in my area.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wow cool pic

I like crossing land borders, living on an island you don't see the lines in the sand so to speak.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

that looks like some apocalyptic world I call bs go out there and open your arms for these refugees, take them in and clean of the giant sand worms... such bs.

i forgot sacrcasm.
edit on 29-10-2018 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Have you not already got fences on beaches at the shore border?!
Sounds even more leaky now if all you have do is swim or walk on the sand until it is US territory!

Right at the border? I'm sure there is.

I meant the entire coast.

There's no way the entire coastline is going to be fenced.

Then there's the northern border. Miles of mountainous terrain without fencing.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 29-10-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Isn't the Canadian border like 'meh' because you haven't got tens of thousands of illegal Canadian migrants?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Isn't the Canadian border like 'meh' because you haven't got tens of thousands of illegal Canadian migrants?

Plenty of illegal Canadians here taking American jobs.

But, they're "white".

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

edit on 29-10-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I want to migrate to Canada, not.. Too cold for my reptilian skin, I do like BC buds though.. If i could find a steady decent job and a snowmobile then I might be game..

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Since when is our military an "outside agency".

As far as Trump goes -- he feeds his worshippers.

Are you saying that Trump does what he promised his voters he would do?

The US is supposed to be a democracy, so nothing wrong with that in my book.

soulwaxer

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join