It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to Deploy 5,000 Troops to Southern Border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
If you lived in a border state, you would be happy to see our military keeping invaders from rushing over the border into our country like a swarm of locusts. We have legal processes for dealing with this kind of thing.

Don't think for a second that our president and military intelligence don't know who is behind this invasion. It is too bad that some innocent migrants are being used as a Trojan Horse.

I live on the border and NO I'm not happy about deploying the military there.

Increase the BP budget and let them hire and properly train their own officers.

Outside agencies not properly trained tend to get in the way and cause more problems.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
not my post my friend ... check the thread you are quoting JasonBillung

I was going to going to call him on his violent rhetoric but honestly whats the point

link   

originally posted by: Annee
Outside agencies not properly trained tend to get in the way and cause more problems.
Military base borders are patrolled and guarded by soldiers. It's just a bigger border, same job.

link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

As to the desperate people heading our way, they have not done anything wrong or illegal in presenting themselves to Mexico and the US for asylum.

I guess you haven't seen the videos of them throwing rocks, throwing all sorts of objects, having their faces covered, tearing down gates.

Can I come throw some rocks at your house if thats the case?
edit on 29-10-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

a reply to: neo96
Around 40,000 US troops kicking their heels in Germany alone, just deploy them at the border, it would save a fortune.

Again -- a vacancy will be filled by someone.

Sounds like you prefer US troops to be in Germany instead of defending your border?
I'd be massively against the waste of money in Germany if I was a US citizen.

I agree Germany is a waste of time and money. Let russia take them back over.

HMMM
Me thinks we should keep an eye on those pesky Germans(no offense guys) seeings how those big wars kinda originated there.
Just sayin

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

a reply to: gladtobehere

If I was Trump I'd pull all your troops from Germany and get them on the border instead. It is the job of the military to defend a nations border from invaders.

Asylum seeker vs invader

It's a tricky one (speaking Constitutionally)

Asylum seekers don't come in an army bearing their country's flag with the intent to use violent force to illegal cross our border. Asylum seekers must also ask for it in the first country they cross in to.

You sound like "talking points".

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Isn't Ramstein the largest foreign base? It is nice to have such a large base outside of the US should it be needed. Imagine how much time is saved with having a base there, it could be the deciding factor in a way.

Ummm...yessir...gone in a flash...and a mushroom cloud...

But my...what a big beautiful base...that was...

YouSir
edit on 29-10-2018 by YouSir because: I broke the code

link   
a reply to: Annee

Since when is our military an "outside agency".

I think this president and our military know exactly what is about to happen and how they have to handle it. I trust them. The safety and well-being of all American citizens must be the #1 priority.

Immigrants are welcome......but not this way.

link   

Military base borders are patrolled and guarded by soldiers. It's just a bigger border, same job.

Not so sure about that.

Everything these days has to be documented and/or recorded. Half the personnel they send better be clerical.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Me thinks we should keep on those pesky Germans(no offense guys) seeings how those big wars kinda originated there.

Yes. As an English commentator once said after Germany beat England at football:

"We shouldn't be too upset that they have beaten us at our national sport, we have beaten them twice at theirs".

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Ask the Border Patrol.

As far as Trump goes -- he feeds his worshippers.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Not much to add here other than, doesnt this violate the Posse Comitatus Act?

Actually it doesn’t. Because despite what some people here think these troops aren’t going to stop anyone crossing the border. By law they can’t. So they just assist in support and administrative duty, vehicle maintenance etc.

The idea is that their support frees up more of the border patrol to round up immigrants. It seems a lot of people here have a warped view of what’s going on at the border.

This is only labeled an “invasion” because Trump is trying to rile up his base with the idea that the border is under siege before the midterms. The only thing new about these “caravans” is that they’re called caravans. These mass migrations have been happening every year for the past 20 years, with some bigger than what’s on its way now.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Not so sure about that.

Everything these days has to be documented and/or recorded. Half the personnel they send better be clerical.

Though some tards on here are drooling to see unarmed people gunned down its never going to happen.

I dont even think think Trumps dumb enough to order that and if he does his top advisors will either talk him out of it or Mattis will fudge the orders or something.

Gunning unarmed people down would not only be political suicide for the Trump administration but pretty much mean game over for the USA in the world as EVERYONE side from Israel, Saudi Arabia and maybe North Korea will condemn and isolate the USA.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Do you honestly have such little faith in your military?
British troops will adapt to any job, from security at the Olympics, to border defence if needed, and disaster relief.
Are you really saying your soldiers cannot have a few days training to record their interactions with illegals etc? Really?
I'd be worried if UK troops were unable to perform basic border control duties.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

a reply to: neo96
Around 40,000 US troops kicking their heels in Germany alone, just deploy them at the border, it would save a fortune.

Again -- a vacancy will be filled by someone.

Sounds like you prefer US troops to be in Germany instead of defending your border?
I'd be massively against the waste of money in Germany if I was a US citizen.

I don't know what their purpose is in Germany.

Why US Troops are in Germany:

1. They are in Germany in support of our allies and NATO. Germany is the heart of NATO even thought the headquarters are in Belgium. In case of a conflict, the US can deploy easily from their long established bases and not from “across the pond.”

2. Germany, as a friendly ally, provides the US with a launching pad for efforts in Afghanistan.

3. Bases in Germany are strategically placed to provide a midway point for the US military in Europe. This gives us great maneuverability and flexibility in addressing conflict and just maintaining our presence there is a deterrent to bad actors.

4. It is an established and major communications hub for our military and allies. We are in the heart of LEADERSHIP by being in germany. We therefore have greater. POWER and AUTHORITY.

There are more reasons, these are just a few.

The bottom line is that it is far more in our interest to have these bases that it is to spend the extreme amount of money and resources to abandon them.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I thought they had for a few days once.

I certainly would trust them and not expect them to go full Yahoo and start gunning people down.....But then they are Brits not Americans

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: AboveBoard

As to the desperate people heading our way, they have not done anything wrong or illegal in presenting themselves to Mexico and the US for asylum.

I guess you haven't seen the videos of them throwing rocks, throwing all sorts of objects, having their faces covered, tearing down gates.

Can I come throw some rocks at your house if thats the case?

Desperate doesn’t always equal peaceful.

There are many pictures of women and children NOT being violent too...

If there is a violent group within the caravan (and they May have had to defend themselves??) then that is why we need to process everyone carefully.
edit on 29-10-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Do you honestly have such little faith in your military?
British troops will adapt to any job, from security at the Olympics, to border defence if needed, and disaster relief.
Are you really saying your soldiers cannot have a few days training to record their interactions with illegals etc? Really?
I'd be worried if UK troops were unable to perform basic border control duties.

Our laws and Constitution are different.

Try to avoid the hype on exactly what the non-Border Patrol military is permitted to do.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Ask the Border Patrol.

If you listened carefully they told you what the soldiers would do. They would build barracades along the border. In the past they were frequently used to create infrastructure. The military could start with fences and even build walls the construction batallions are well equipped to do the job.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

So now supporters are "worshippers"? You Trump haters are simply blinded by hatred.

BTW, the troops headed to the border ARE support troops, not combat troops. Nevertheless, they are trained soldiers...just in case.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join