It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Migrants looking for in the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Phage
Forcing through the border into mexico didn't look like they were going through the process, crossing the border in an illegal manner doesn't seem like going through the asylum process.

IF they go through the process, that is fine, if they flood the border and scatter into the country be it Mexico or the US is not going through the asylum process and I have a problem with that.

ETA: that also means having verifiable proof of ID to make certain we don't have a repeat of the boat lift from Cuba that ended up being a lot of criminals and mental asylum patients.

They reached the Mexican border and then placed the kids at the front then started pushing through so the kids would be pressed against the fence and start suffocating, causing the border patrol to open the fence to save the kids, then they just ran into the other side and went illegally into Mexico. There is nothing good about people that use children like that just to allow themselves in

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

They're invaders.

Invaders take whatever they want.

Said no native American ever... Huh...

Sure they did. And they did it too.

Go ask an Apache about the Comanche.

Go ask any Plains Tribe member about the Comanche.

Go ask around about the Sioux and what they did.

This idiot idea that Indians were somehow above the fray and didnt do what humans have done the world over has to be one of the most moronic, idiotic, stupid and braindead historical revisionisms being perpetrated these days.

Absolute idiocy.

The natives did everything they whine about the Europeans doing, to each other and for much longer.

And no, natives weren't one with the land either.

One cannot be in tune with Mother Nature and drive 5000 Buffalo off a cliff while only being able to use about 10% of the meat and hides because everything was pulped.

The Noble Savage is a myth and a Leftist fantasy that never existed.

Pure, unadulterated idiocy spread to other idiots by idiots.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Like I said if they go through the process fine..

This group did storm the gates into Mexico, if we try and block them entering the US whats to prevent that from happening again.

Also I am not in favor of trying to shooting them like some have stated for a laundry list of reasons.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Funny...you get a thread of speculation, and it turns into further speculation as to why those people are not taking up any Mexico offer for asylum???

I don't think it's rocket science when these refugees have decided in number that the amount of violence that is endured is to be a relative point as to their choice of final destination.
So, going by some of the lofty remarks in replies, I can assume that empathy for these people is about the last consideration, and that many wish to # that that these refugees would go elsewhere, and hopefully never be seen again, because...as the Donald has stated, there are so many criminals amongst them...dear me, we can't have that now can we?

You could invite several to your house and then report back on their behavior?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Irishhaf

IF they go through the process, that is fine, if they flood the border and scatter into the country be it Mexico or the US is not going through the asylum process and I have a problem with that.

What happened with the last batch? Did they storm the fence in San Diego? Or did they request asylum? Even when their kids were taken from them?

But yeah, fear sells. So yeah.

You need to take a step back and think that lots of those persons hate the US and they know they have a very bad life because of what the US did in the past years to their country, they are not coming for ice cream Phage, think clear

They don't care about help, they got all they needed already and they rejected it, they will only accept a free pass until they reach the US. Think about it, they don't care at all about help or asylum unless they reach the US

Sometimes, even if you don't like it, you have to see things for what they are, like when dead happens, no way back, no pretending, so stop looking for reasons, whoever those persons are, they sure are not going back, meanwhile 4500 persons requested help to get back to their countries and were sent back, and about 1500 accepted the asylum offered by Mexico and will stay on the country with mostly equal rights as any other citizen. Who are the ones that don't want to accept any help and don't want to get back and only will accept a solution that gets them to the US? Think fast

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SituationNAFU

Well fed white women?

I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

This group did storm the gates into Mexico, if we try and block them entering the US whats to prevent that from happening again.
That "gate" was a temporary barricade. Do you think the current administration has nothing to beef up security? I thought border crossings are actually quite low. Am I wrong? Will a few thousand (or however many actually arrive at our border) grossly change that statistic?

In another thread (which was inexplicably deleted), someone said something about this particular caravan being a Trojan horse. I asked for whom it was a gift. It seems the answer is Trump.

edit on 10/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

" What are the Migrants looking for in the US? "

Occam's Razor Dictates the Simplest Answer , FREE STUFF .

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They're invaders.

Invaders take whatever they want.

Said no native American ever... Huh...

Sure they did. And they did it too.

Go ask an Apache about the Comanche.

Go ask any Plains Tribe member about the Comanche.

Go ask around about the Sioux and what they did.

This idiot idea that Indians were somehow above the fray and didnt do what humans have done the world over has to be one of the most moronic, idiotic, stupid and braindead historical revisionisms being perpetrated these days.

Absolute idiocy.

The natives did everything they whine about the Europeans doing, to each other and for much longer.

And no, natives weren't one with the land either.

One cannot be in tune with Mother Nature and drive 5000 Buffalo off a cliff while only being able to use about 10% of the meat and hides because everything was pulped.

The Noble Savage is a myth and a Leftist fantasy that never existed.

Pure, unadulterated idiocy spread to other idiots by idiots.

I would guess the big difference is that the majority of us Native Americans don't whine about it or try to use it to score political points for two American ideologies that the majority of us don't care about at all. We just normally watch from the sidelines as you get more bigoted and more crazy each decade.

But thanks you two for completely showing off your actual ignorance of the People, both in your own unique way.

ETA.. your comment on buffalo pissed me off. We did that because it killed less tribesmen than going one-one-one with a one ton animal. Buffalo at the time outnumbered people, so it wasn't seen as waste, but something the Mother gave us to survive. There wasn't a shortage of Buffalo and Bison before the white men slaughtered them for money, you see...

But hey! It has gotten a lot better now!

Americans throw away billions of pounds of food each year, worth billions of dollars and enough to feed millions of people.

In fact, if we were able to recover all of our wasted food, we could provide a 2,000-calorie diet to 84% of the population, said Dr. Roni Neff, a Johns Hopkins University researcher who led a first-ever study examining the nutrients we're tossing in the trash.

edit on 27-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

You need to take a step back and think that lots of those persons hate the US and they know they have a very bad life because of what the US did in the past years to their country, they are not coming for ice cream Phage, think clear

It's early in the afternoon. I am thinking quite clearly.

We have a system for dealing with asylum seekers. It is written into our laws. To deny our laws because some may break them is not our way.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That "gate" was a temporary barricade. Do you think the current administration has nothing to beef up security? I thought border crossings are actually quite low. Am I wrong? Will a few thousand (or however many actually arrive at our border) grossly change that statistic?

In another thread (which was inexplicably deleted), someone said something about this particular caravan being a Trojan horse. I asked for whom it was a gift. It seems the answer is Trump.

Border crossing are low, until midterms.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

We have a system for dealing with asylum seekers. It is written into our laws. To deny our laws because some may break them is not our way.

I thought they were refugees.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Do you know the difference?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Migrants aren’t invaders, they come here to work. I live in Napa Valley and this billion dollar region would tank without the migrant farm workers.

How many of you eat fruit, vegetables, dairy (*cough* Devin Nunes *cough*) or drink wine? Do you think the bounty magically just appears at the store?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Do you know the difference?

A claim evaluation.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Very good.

So, were you trying to make some sort of point?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Except in several cases, but whatever, you do whatever you think you should do. But as someone who is half American and has been rejected badly because of it (apparently i'm a muddle, half blood lmfao) and has a lot of knowledge about how life happens on other countries i can tell you are very naive about how things really work out there on the streets, and these people are way more street smart than most of you here, in the bad way. They will find a way in, you don't have the smarts to understand how they will do it but they will do

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Migrants aren’t invaders, they come here to work. I live in Napa Valley and this billion dollar region would tank without the migrant farm workers.

How many of you eat fruit, vegetables, dairy (*cough* Devin Nunes *cough*) or drink wine? Do you think the bounty magically just appears at the store?

You saying they're only good for working the fields?

Bet if Napa Valley paid a livable wage that Americans would do the job too.

Also:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

As a young man I picked fruit, you could make good money in the 80s if you worked hard.

I wouldn't do it now a days cause of injuries unless I had no other choice it is very physically hard work.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

What are the Migrants looking for in the US?

1) There are no migrants in the US. One is either a citizen or an illegal alien.
2) To answer your question - to make the US a duplicate of the country they left behind as they do now..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join