It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Migrants looking for in the US?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You are off the wall offensive. I take huge offense to you trying to imply I said migrants are only good for working the Fields’s. Who is the moderator on right now. Let me check.

You're the one that implied it. I was just asking if that's what you really meant or not.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Brown people entering the country.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Migrants aren’t invaders, they come here to work

www.uscis.gov...

Most asylum applicants are not authorized to work.

No asylum applicants are authorized to work.
Until their status is determined affirmatively.

edit on 10/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

" Most asylum applicants are not authorized to work. "

Yeah , Tell me About it , I Make a Living in the " Trades " , and HELL If I am gonna Continue to be Screwed by Politicians who are Proponents of " Cheap Labor " ! I Voted for Donald J. Trump to Put an END to that Sheit ! .......

link   

I was giving you an example but you don’t want to accept that migrants are contributing members of our economic success.

link   

And? Where did I say migrant workers only come here to work the fields?

I can assure you, migrant farm workers are working the vineyards in the Napa and Sonoma Valleys.

You can try and twist my words into something they are not but at the end of the day the wine at the grocery store that is Napa Valley or Sonoma wine has been produced by vital law abiding members of my community.

Once again the first line of my first post since once again you have glazed over it. Migrants aren’t invaders, they come here to work.
edit on 27-10-2018 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

Migrants. But there's a difference between migrants and illegal migrants. No one has a problem with the former, you understand...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Brown people entering the country.

You're just in a tizzy, and trying to be offensive now.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Voted for Donald J. Trump to Put an END to that Sheit !

How's that working out for you?
I mean, he and a Republican Congress have been in power for nearly two years now.

Maybe fear sells better than a growing deficit. Did you vote for that too?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Nope, actually I’m not trying to be offensive. I’m just speaking the truth of how I feel about this issue.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I was giving you an example but you don’t want to accept that migrants are contributing members of our economic success.

lol I never said that. In fact, I believe what I was saying is that they can be more than just farmers. I know my grandfather did more than that.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Nope, actually I’m not trying to be offensive. I’m just speaking the truth of how I feel about this issue.

Clearly.

To the point that you don't bother to read.

Migrants = OK

Illegal Migrants = Not OK

edit on 27-10-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: Carcharadon
Who cares what they want.

Put 70 000 US troops on the border. Supplement them with F-22's, A-10 Warthogs, Apaches, Artillery units, Special Forces and mine the border so heavily it will make the DMZ in Korea look like childs play.

Then have standing orders to all military personal to shoot on sight ANYONE that tries to cross.

When dealing with an invading force of military men in the future, hit them with about 50 Predator Drones and MOAB any that make it past that.

Enough is enough. No one is entitled to do what this maggots are doing.

Any force of predominantly military aged men flying foreign flags and marching on your border IS an invading force, and as such should be dealt with using overwhelming and justified military response.

Then send in the Special Forces to find whoever is behind this obvious co-ordinated effort and take them out and leave their bodies in the street as a warning to any other scum that might think about organizing this crap.

Enough is enough.

That's funny, because when people in other countries have rejected US invasion and have acted exactly like what you describe, they are considered "terrorists" that must be destroyed, so by US standards, your own army would be considered terrorists and must be destroyed

Yes there is clearly someone behind this event, i had made comments on another thread about that but somehow it got removed entirely and i am too lazy to tell the same stuff again

But otherwise you are very wrong, your country caused the crisis, own it up and fix it

The people who are trying to reach the US is not good people, i firmly believe this because i have seen it with my own eyes, the good people turned around and returned to their own countries, about 4500 of them, the remaining ones don't want any help and just want to reach the US no matter what. That's a problem and a source of doubt about why, since they have been given all privileges and even a path to citizenship on Mexico but they don't care at all

But still, no matter what, this would not have happened if the US had not destroyed those countries in the first place

I'm against all foreign military intervention unless it's a World War/Allie getting overrun scenario.

I'm against destabilizing countries.

But, I'm also against blaming the average citizen for the actions of corrupt politicians and saying that because their government did it then THEY have to pay the piper.

Why we are this place is irrelevant. What is relevant is nipping this garbage in the bud.

In ALL western nations.

These are our countrys (the people that live there of all races) and the people are under ZERO obligation to let millions of unemployable, military aged men into the country. Any Country.

And if it takes overwhelming military force to get the message across thnn so be it.

BTW, I'm not an American. But this issue affects my country also so I have a vested interest no matter where it happens.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Who said they can’t be more than farmers? You must be the one that thinks that, not me. Once again, I live in a region that is supported by the billion dollar wine industry. I have first hand knowledge that migrants are a vital part of my community and it’s economic success.

Migrants don’t have socials and are pretty limited on what jobs they’re able to secure.

I noticed that you’re now using the word immigrant, that’s a totally different subject.

Aren’t we discussing migrant workers and not immigrants? Do you understand the difference,

I’ll just leave the dictionary definition of migrant here:
migrant noun
mi·grant | ˈmī-grənt
Definition of migrant
: one that migrates: such as
a : a person who moves regularly in order to find work especially in harvesting crops
b : an animal that shifts from one habitat to another
edit on 27-10-2018 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: JAGStorm

Likely for the same reasons you don't want to live in Mexico.

Why is that ive seriously considered retiring there. Do you hate Mexicans? Sad when individuals can't look past the hate.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's Working Out Effin " GREAT . I am Finally Getting Paid Fairly for my " Skill Level " in my Line of Work . Making Good Money , Better than I have Had Since 2001 . American Labor Deserves the President's Attention , and We are Grateful for that .

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Good for you.

Not much has changed on that front for me.

Near as I can tell, I might come out a couple of hundred better on taxes for the year. But for me the other crap (the anti-science nonsense for example) ain't worth it.

You don't care about the deficit though. How very conservative of you.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Did you read the first comment on the thread? Lol.

They're invaders.

Invaders take whatever they want.

edit on 27-10-2018 by Jennyfrenzy because: wta

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I live in a region that is supported by the billion dollar wine industry. I have first hand knowledge that migrants are a vital part of my community and it’s economic success.

Paying a decent wage so as to use non migrants would cut into that big profit the owners make, wouldn't it.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Who said they can’t be more than farmers? You must be the one that thinks that, not me. Once again, I live in a region that is supported by the billion dollar wine industry. I have first hand knowledge that migrants are a vital part of my community and it’s economic success.

Migrants don’t have socials and are pretty limited on what jobs they’re able to secure.

I noticed that you’re now using the word immigrant, that’s a totally different subject.

Aren’t we discussing migrant workers and not immigrants? Do you understand the difference,

I’ll just leave the dictionary definition of migrant here:
migrant noun
mi·grant | ˈmī-grənt
Definition of migrant
: one that migrates: such as
a : a person who moves regularly in order to find work especially in harvesting crops
b : an animal that shifts from one habitat to another

I'm just using the word you chose to use.

My question is: How do you know this? Did you ask every single one of them? If you have first hand knowledge, does this mean you work at a winery?

Secondly: Are they Migrants, or are they Refugees/Asylum Seekers. Its getting hard to keep up with the changing narrative.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

They are migrant workers and many of them live in the dorms at the wineries. I’m not telling you where I work but yes, I have first hand knowledge and interact with migrant workers every day. They come here to work, some people stay and work all year, other people travel across the state and return at harvest. Some are here legally and most are not.
edit on 27-10-2018 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join