It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Migrants looking for in the US?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If this is true, I'm really not sure what more they are looking for in the US
Sounds like Mexico is offering a lot, everything that you would think a migrant would be looking for...

offering shelter, medical attention, schooling and jobs to Central Americans in Chiapas and Oaxaca states if they applied

www.nbcnews.com...

"Our goal is not to remain in Mexico," Sosa said. "Our goal is to make it to the (U.S). We want passage, that's all."

I don't know about you, but if i'm a Migrant, what Mexico is offering sounds REALLY good. Maybe the only thing that could be better
than what Mexico is offering is shelter/medical attention/schooling --------------without the needing of a job part???
Is this a giant caravan of people just wanting to come mooch off our system?

edit on 27-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They're invaders.

Invaders take whatever they want.

+9 more 
link   

It's just like the migrants from African to the EU. They want the biggest handouts. So they wouldn't stop until they reached Germany.
edit on 27-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

Or looking for the American Dream. You don't hear much about the Mexican Dream. Maybe we have oversold ourselves.

It seems quite a few took the offer though.

Authorities said more than 1,700 had already applied for refugee status.

edit on 10/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   

Well fed white women?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Likely for the same reasons you don't want to live in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Anyone can have the Mexican dream for about $100 in Tijuana.
Truly the land of opportunity, where any dream can come true.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Going where they are paid to go I guess...

If they have opportunities in Mexico of food shelter, and work there is no reason to continue on unless they were paid to.

I am still sleep deprived from the kid so please someone give me a legit reason to continue past safe haven.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It's just like the migrants from African to the EU. They want the biggest handouts. So they wouldn't stop until they reached Germany.

What a great analogy. This entire article talks about why migrants didn't want to stay in Greece or Turkey and wanted to go to Germany or Sweden instead.

theconversation.com...

One of the number one reasons they didn't want to stay "poor living conditions". How hilarious is that.
I guess beggars can be choosers! (maybe)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Anyone can have the Mexican dream for about $100 in Tijuana.
Truly the land of opportunity, where any dream can come true.

Yeah. But there can be some undesirable consequences. I hear.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Nothing some antibiotics or a bribe can't clear up.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What are the Migrants looking for in the US?

The City of Gold, but the only thing their are going to find is places like Detroit.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

my childhood friend pilot was flying Rio Airways to Mexico city daily..he thought his buddy paid for the sidewalk soup....both thrown hail for ever after three weeks they got enough money to bribe the gyard...take a taxi southeast to the coast and got outta there......

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

my childhood friend pilot was flying Rio Airways to Mexico city daily..he thought his buddy paid for the sidewalk soup....both thrown hail for ever after three weeks they got enough money to bribe the gyard...take a taxi southeast to the coast and got outta there......he said he'll never go back.....that was in the 70s

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Or looking for the American Dream. You don't hear much about the Mexican Dream. Maybe we have oversold ourselves.

It seems quite a few took the offer though.

Authorities said more than 1,700 had already applied for refugee status.

They're welfare migrants, look like most are fighting age men too btw.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

They're welfare migrants,
If so, their claims will be rejected and they may end up back in Mexico and take up the offer. The US is offering no such deal.

look like most are fighting age men too btw.
Maybe. If all you look at is images from some sources.
edit on 10/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Funny...you get a thread of speculation, and it turns into further speculation as to why those people are not taking up any Mexico offer for asylum???

I don't think it's rocket science when these refugees have decided in number that the amount of violence that is endured is to be a relative point as to their choice of final destination.
So, going by some of the lofty remarks in replies, I can assume that empathy for these people is about the last consideration, and that many wish to # that that these refugees would go elsewhere, and hopefully never be seen again, because...as the Donald has stated, there are so many criminals amongst them...dear me, we can't have that now can we?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It's a similar situation to what we are seeing in Europe, that camp at Calais for example, those people are hell bent on getting across the English channel.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The same thing the european filth of criminals and rapists did when they arrived in the USA.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

One group of young men in the caravan said they wanted to work for minimum wage, wire the $$$ back home for a few years, then return there and never have to work again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join