It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals- I want your solutions to the migrant caravan situation.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think the clear solution is let them in, less walls are better because no human is illegal. From there they should head to the nearest DMV to get an ID so that they can vote. Did I do that right?
edit on 23-10-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: and14263

Additionally, aren't there enough jobs (types of jobs that nobody wants to take) to go around now?

More baiting.

link   
a reply to: InTheLight

No, there aren't. Every morning I go to work and see dozens of non English speaking latinos on their way to their good paying construction jobs. Telling me those are crap jobs no one wants is like pissing in my water and telling me it's lemon, I won't believe an obvious lie.

link   

originally posted by: and14263

Additionally, aren't there enough jobs (types of jobs that nobody wants to take) to go around now?

More baiting.

No baiting, I was asking a legit question.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, there aren't. Every morning I go to work and see dozens of non English speaking latinos on their way to their good paying construction jobs. Telling me those are crap jobs no one wants is like pissing in my water and telling me it's lemon, I won't believe an obvious lie.

We all know what kind of jobs I meant, you are deflecting.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
I think the clear solution is let them in, less walls are better because no human is illegal. From there they should head to the nearest DMV to get an ID so that they can vote. Did I do that right?

Maybe giving them ID so they can vote is the problem?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

None, well I have had a couple and they were mostly pretty good
But
I am not suggesting you do another Cuba again

Maybe you missed that
I can understand, you North Americans can't read subtle

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

But how will they drive?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

But how will they drive?

Motorcycle; easy peasy in Texas and Cali? But seriously, all they need is govt-issued photo ID not necessarily a driver's license. Or, maybe not.

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 110CDT10America/Chicago008101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Simple solution.

DON'T LET THEM IN.

Let them make camp along the border, and let Mexico deal with them.

Not our circus, not our monkeys.

If one tries to cross, arrest them, instant deportation. They try it again, imprisonment.

If more try it, shoot them (at this point, it's an invasion.)

It's not rocket science.
edit on 23-10-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: mikell
Are we still waiting for someone to tell the libs how to respond??

I'm afraid so. There have been some great posts here, but not one that really wants to set out a logical, thorough plan for allowing these folks to just barge in because they want to.

Perhaps because your OP is one giant strawman?

Your argument is 'leftists' wants to let these people in because 'leftists' want open borders.

It's not worth the effort as your initial premise is bunk.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Historically, organized crime is focused on immigrant communities who have no support structure in the new culture. In the US, during colonial times it was German immigrants (Benjamin Franklin wanted to outlaw German newspapers in Pennsylvania. He was an early "English Only" advocate). Then in the 19th century it was the Irish. Then in the 1880s - 1920s it was the Italians. Now, it is Central Americans.

Many public hospitals in Texas are facing bankruptcy, because illegals use the trauma center/ER as a doctors office, and get an ambulance ride there and home at "public" expense.

same with education. If you live south of Waco, chances are good your child will go to school in a mobile home parked in the yard of the actual school, because there are so many illegals that come for school but whose parents don't pay any property tax. The newcomers don't speak English, so your kid ends up in a 'math class for Spanish-speakers.' because that's the only open section.

So yeah, trump carried Texas in 2016, even though Hillary "threw the race wide open" there.

In Texas outside of the I-35 corridor, even most hispanic Texans favor strict border security.....

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

More baiting.

Doubt it.

Your question seems rhetorical and you overlook current unemployment figures and added pressure on your public services caused by immigration.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

More baiting.

Doubt it.

Your question seems rhetorical and you overlook current unemployment figures and added pressure on your public services caused by immigration.

It seems you are confused when it comes to initial layout and resultant gain.

That answer is “more mixed,” Professor Blau said. • The first generation of newcomers generally cost governments more than they contribute in taxes, with most of the costs falling on state and local governments, mainly because of the expense of educating the children of immigrant families. For those governments, total annual costs for first-generation immigrants are about $57 billion. But by the second generation in those families, immigrants, with improved education and taxpaying ability, become a benefit to government coffers, adding about $30 billion a year. By the third generation, immigrant families contribute about $223 billion a year to government finances.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: pointessa

I contributed, I did what you asked for - I gave you an answer to your OP.

What more do you want? I'm happy to converse.

I have to leave for a while, when I get back I will reread you post. It's hard to get a message when you come off so negatively. The actual message was lost on me.

Ok, 14263, I reread your posts. Your point that all of this is playing into TPTB is well taken. I do believe we are being manipulated at a higher level. Whether these Guatemalans are pawns of Soros or the democratic or even republican parties doesn't take away from the fact that to the best of my knowledge a huge horde of people are looking to barge into this country illegally, setting a precedence for this to become a pattern. In my opinion, it is a clear and present concern and just to say that it's the TPTB manipulating us, doesn't mean we should be just ignore it. I am not against immigraton. I think you just try to do the right thing no matter what the cause is. Being passive to lawlessness is not doing the right thing, it is doing the weakest thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I have to leave for a while, when I get back I will reread you post. It's hard to get a message when you come off so negatively. The actual message was lost on me.

Ok, 14263, I reread your posts. Your point that all of this is playing into TPTB is well taken. I do believe we are being manipulated at a higher level. Whether these Guatemalans are pawns of Soros or the democratic or even republican parties doesn't take away from the fact that to the best of my knowledge a huge horde of people are looking to barge into this country illegally, setting a precedence for this to become a pattern. In my opinion, it is a clear and present concern and just to say that it's the TPTB manipulating us, doesn't mean we should be just ignore it. I am not against immigraton. I think you just try to do the right thing no matter what the cause is. Being passive to lawlessness is not doing the right thing, it is doing the weakest thing.

My last word on this is that there is no way they will be getting through the military wall that will be there to meet them with lethal? force if necessary.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Let all the migrants into their mansions where it safe an warm and make them sanctuaries.

Suzuki, Trudeau, Sanders, the Clinton's, Soros..etc...etc don't need all that space when it could be used for children an trees instead of golfing

Open your doors...LET THEM IN.

Yeah, I often think of that. These goofy hollyweird types and liberal politicians promote this unreasonable bunk, all the while knowing, their gated communities and enclaves will never be recipients to one of these "undocumented migrants" living next door, unless they are doing yard work or working as a nanny and not paying taxes.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Let all the migrants into their mansions where it safe an warm and make them sanctuaries.

Suzuki, Trudeau, Sanders, the Clinton's, Soros..etc...etc don't need all that space when it could be used for children an trees instead of golfing

Open your doors...LET THEM IN.

Yeah, I often think of that. These goofy hollyweird types and liberal politicians promote this unreasonable bunk, all the while knowing, their gated communities and enclaves will never be recipients to one of these "undocumented migrants" living next door, unless they are doing yard work or working as a nanny and not paying taxes.

Not paying taxes, do you mean like the very rich in your country with offshore accounts?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

My last word on this is that there is no way they will be getting through the military wall that will be there to meet them with lethal? force if necessary.

I hope you are right, InThe Light. I don't want anyone to get hurt but I guess that will be up to the migrants deciding just how much they want to push it.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I hope you are right, InThe Light. I don't want anyone to get hurt but I guess that will be up to the migrants deciding just how much they want to push it.

For sure, but there is a great many miles of border and they will keep walking to find an opening.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join