It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals- I want your solutions to the migrant caravan situation.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: pointessa

a reply to: pointessa

Why do we need a solution to a nonexistent problem?
There are asylum seekers and refugees all over the world but this bunch seems to be the only problem.

First of all, these are not asylum seekers. Second, you must have had your head in a cloud if you haven't been aware of any problems.

What are your solutions. How would you handle this if you were making decisions about how to deal with these people. Please address OP issues.

I thought my solution was very clear.
When they are forced to stay on the other side of the border, they are not a problem.

And I know the asylum part was a joke.
This whole situation is nothing more than a political tool to try to make trump look bad.
The left doesn't give a damn about these people.

I apologize, I didn't catch your sarcasm
. Now I get what you are saying... sorry about that.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

That was supposed to be a thumbs up...

edit on 23-10-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

There are asylum seekers and refugees all over the world but this bunch seems to be the only problem.

First of all, these are not asylum seekers. Second, you must have had your head in a cloud if you haven't been aware of any problems.

What are your solutions. How would you handle this if you were making decisions about how to deal with these people. Please address OP issues.

When they are forced to stay on the other side of the border, they are not a problem.

This whole situation is nothing more than a political tool to try to make trump look bad.

By the "Left" do you mean all liberals or the politicians? I would have to agree that the politicians couldn't care less about them except unless they can become democratic voters.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

BS but for your gaul I'll give you a star.

But the answer is so obvious that it's pointless asking the question, unless you're baiting.

Liberals will suggest that the migrants be welcomed into a 'unit', or a holding area which contains adequate welfare.

Then depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will likely suggest a vetting of health, family relations and then skills.

Again, depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will then offer a system to offer benefits, educate and re-home.

What else do you expect? You listen to this crap on MSM all day. You read it all day on here.... What are you actually expecting?

TPTB have won. Evidence of this is the numerous topics on ATS illustrating RIGHT vs LEFT.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I just went through the migrant caravan thread because I was interested in what solutions would be offered by liberals who want open borders. We have people that are willing to dismiss the Mexican government and literally knock the fencing down and divert it going through a river to continue on their journey. I think it might be pretty indicative that some of them will continue their disrespectful ,lawless ways if they get into the US.

Once the precedent has been set, this will create a trend. It is already evident that Mexico is pretty helpless or indifferent, so if action is taken, it looks like it will be the US doing it.

Liberals, how do you propose dealing with this. You have all been really, really quiet about this. I want solutions, not arguments...

Perhaps they do not have any because US citizenship has no value to them?
When you have a globalist agenda nationalities and borders do not matter.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

So far the consensus is that we send them back in no uncertain terms, which I agree with. I am kind of surprised that those that believe in Sanctuary cities and no borders aren't speaking up, you are the ones that I am really looking to hear from. Those that claim they welcome "undocumented immigrants" with open arms.. What about this scenario? How many caravans are you willing to welcome?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

By the "Left" do you mean all liberals or the politicians? I would have to agree that the politicians couldn't care less about them except unless they can become democratic voters.

I tend to see it that way as well. You make a valid distinction here. The democrats see this as a new voting block, while I believe most liberals mean to be inclusive and generous but I wonder if they have thought this through?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
41,000 people crossed last month, 37,000 in August. Why is this one a "National Emergy"?

Just the orange fella using scare tactics to rile up the mouth breathers, and gain support for the wall.
edit on 23-10-2018 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If it is not gunships or foogas then I am not for it. Tired of non action filled news reels.

Has any one heard if Ted Cruz will be on the border to protect the state?
edit on 10/23/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The people wanting them to die are flat out sick in the head, and need help.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

BS but for your gaul I'll give you a star.

But the answer is so obvious that it's pointless asking the question, unless you're baiting.

Liberals will suggest that the migrants be welcomed into a 'unit', or a holding area which contains adequate welfare.

Then depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will likely suggest a vetting of health, family relations and then skills.

Again, depending on how liberal your liberal is, they will then offer a system to offer benefits, educate and re-home.

What else do you expect? You listen to this crap on MSM all day. You read it all day on here.... What are you actually expecting?

TPTB have won. Evidence of this is the numerous topics on ATS illustrating RIGHT vs LEFT.

I want them to think the process through. I want them to consider that this is just setting a precedent. If that were to happen as you described, I want to know how many caravans are enough? I want them to consider if lawlessness is tolerated in this instance, this sets a presidence for the world to see and we will most like be continually dealing with this. These are admittedly not asylum seekers, they just want in. I want them to consider what the cost will be for each person. Do we go through that process for everyone who decides to avoid the legal process and just barge into the US because they want to from all over the world?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

41,000 people crossed last month, 37,000 in August. Why is this one a "National Emergy"?

It may or may not be an Emergy. It time to control it a bit better though.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Just the orange fella using scare tactics to rile up the mouth breathers, and gain support for the wall.

You make a valid point, I think now that this is on the world stage for whatever reason, the actions of the US will be evaluated by all.

I can not agree that Trump is making this into a big deal, he doesn't have the cooperation of the MSM.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
The people wanting them to die are flat out sick in the head, and need help.

I think that is just talk. Who would want them to die?? I have sympathy for their plight, but you can apply for citizenship. Why aren't they doing that?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman
For starters, this isn't just your run-of-the-mill illegals randomly crossing the border as individuals or in small groups (though much from those months were also part of this more recent coordinated movement)... this is a massive "caravan" of thousands, growing by the day, highly publicized and obviously politicized against the administration. If they are left free to cross without issue - what the hell is the point of even having a border and laws to protect it from illegals crossing?

Despite whether or not you're for open borders, the bulk of the nation certainly is not, and the laws in place do not allow it to be so, and for good reason.

If 40k+ illegals crossed just last month, then that should be all the more reason to take action now, especially in this case where the world is watching.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
a reply to: LordAhriman
For starters, this isn't just your run-of-the-mill illegals randomly crossing the border as individuals or in small groups (though much from those months were also part of this more recent coordinated movement)... this is a massive "caravan" of thousands, growing by the day, highly publicized and obviously politicized against the administration. If they are left free to cross without issue - what the hell is the point of even having a border and laws to protect it from illegals crossing?

Despite whether or not you're for open borders, the bulk of the nation certainly is not, and the laws in place do not allow it to be so, and for good reason.

If 40k+ illegals crossed just last month, then that should be all the more reason to take action now, especially in this case where the world is watching.

Thank you for your eloquently stated post. Some very valid points. You stated what I feel and much better than I could.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The more the merrier really isn't working out. Something needs to actually change and this is a place to start.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Sarcasm not in your vocabulary?
Did you care to read where I said it wasn't about poor people

Gathering by the stars you have recieve not to many people in your country understand sarcasm
Easily excused I guess

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

So you want to jump on the roundabout and have the same arguments again that appear in every newspaper, on every news channel and on every political forum in the world?

Productive? Or feeding your angst? Fancied firing off a few rounds?

Go back and look at the first page of your OP as a new member, an outsider. What do you see? The same old back slapping rubbish that ensures the argument will never evolve.

I'm a proud right leaning English citizen. I love Trump and all he has done for your country. I despise the dead ended illogical left sided arguments that deal with emotions over facts.

But I also despise this. This is just as bad and will get humanity nowhere.

Enjoy the upcoming campaign, but remember, it's not a football game you're watching.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The desert gets cold at night.

We could give out some "blankets" for their travels.

Also, we can send some Navy Seals into Mexico to put decoy arrows on all the signs... They'll be going in circles.

We can offer them a super long boat ride to the north part of America. We'll have tons of food on the boat so we look good, but no citrus, they'll get scurvy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join